Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Tier 3: Group 5

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Tier 3: Renault Sport RS01

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Tier 3: RX Lites International

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
I decided to start in Ginetta Jr. and had a pretty bad first race at Oulton. I had the race set to a full 15 minutes and started on the pole. It went alright for the first 10 minutes, than I went off at Druid's Corner causing me to lose my lead and fall to second. I almost caught up with the leader and even attempted a pass or two, but in the attempt at doing so I missed my braking point at Lodge Corner and spun, causing me to fall to 3rd, where I ended up finishing after holding off 4th for a couple laps.

I was actually fine with the result considering it's the first time I've raced that car and track, but during the replay it got hung up on a screen I couldn't back out of so I had to restart the game. I didn't want to re-do the whole 15 minute race so I just set it to 3:00 and ended up winning, but it didn't feel as good as the 3rd place.

Next up is Knockhill, hopefully I can manage to have a clean race the first go-round.

I'm still not sure how I want to progress after the Juniors, I'm thinking about just bouncing back and forth between GT's and prototypes.

Attachments

• P1.png
    P1.png
    82.9 KB · Views: 27
Ginetta Juniors seems to be a popular starting place. I started there too, been having an absolute blast the first few races. Those short first two tracks seem easy, but there are some nasty bits in there where you can loose it quite easily if you push too far. :D

I decided to start in Ginetta Jr. and had a pretty bad first race at Oulton. I had the race set to a full 15 minutes and started on the pole. It went alright for the first 10 minutes, than I went off at Druid's Corner causing me to lose my lead and fall to second. I almost caught up with the leader and even attempted a pass or two, but in the attempt at doing so I missed my braking point at Lodge Corner and spun, causing me to fall to 3rd, where I ended up finishing after holding off 4th for a couple laps.

I was actually fine with the result considering it's the first time I've raced that car and track, but during the replay it got hung up on a screen I couldn't back out of so I had to restart the game. I didn't want to re-do the whole 15 minute race so I just set it to 3:00 and ended up winning, but it didn't feel as good as the 3rd place.

Next up is Knockhill, hopefully I can manage to have a clean race the first go-round.

I'm still not sure how I want to progress after the Juniors, I'm thinking about just bouncing back and forth between GT's and prototypes.

After Oulton and Knockhill I increased the AI to from 70 to 85%. The quali gap between #1 & 2 was four seconds. Especially at Knockhill with the realistic Scottish weather the AI is struggling more. Knockhill and the livetrack 3.0 in combination with the surroundings and clouds/sun created some tears of joy for me. Enjoy!

Started career with the Ginettas...a perfect starting car imo. 80 AI 70 Agression.

4th at Oulton Park,the top 3 were miles ahead....but then a pole and a win all the way from the front at Knockhill! But that is a track i know intimately now hehe.

Good thing about the Ginetta is all weather tyres and not worrying about rain.

I'm waiting for the patch which give me an opportunity to do it in coop with my friend. That was huge selling point for me so I hope I'll get it quicker than later :D...

Started career with the Ginettas...a perfect starting car imo. 80 AI 70 Agression.

4th at Oulton Park,the top 3 were miles ahead....but then a pole and a win all the way from the front at Knockhill! But that is a track i know intimately now hehe.

Good thing about the Ginetta is all weather tyres and not worrying about rain.
That moment you're going to avoid the upcoming puddles of water on track and the sun peeps through the clouds. That's why we love UK&Scotland and visit it a often :)

Disaster at Silverstone - 5 minutes to go and leading,and the 2nd place car nudges me and i lose it - finished in last place!

i won at Donington but the gap is too big for me to win the Championship now,unless the leader messes up big time - but hes had 4 podiums out of 4!

I think a friendly nudge might be coming.... ;)

Can you let me know how your race at knock hill went? I had the worst time there. Track is great but I think the AI is broken there. Oulton park I had them set at 60, but at knock hill I had to do 120 to match similar performance.

Edit: I may just try it again, wondering if it was a bug. No one else seems to have the same problem here on this thread with knock hill. Even at 120 ai I was still .2 seconds ahead of everyone.

@notanexpert : can confirm. I had AI at 85% and was seconds faster. Final race was at Snetterton 200 about 5 seconds faster. Fastest time for me was a 1:29:8xx with a complete default setup and 5L fuel.
First championship completed and when I start 2nd I will increase AI again to hopefully have more competition from AI.

Can you let me know how your race at knock hill went? I had the worst time there. Track is great but I think the AI is broken there. Oulton park I had them set at 60, but at knock hill I had to do 120 to match similar performance.

Edit: I may just try it again, wondering if it was a bug. No one else seems to have the same problem here on this thread with knock hill. Even at 120 ai I was still .2 seconds ahead of everyone.

It was a bit of a mixed bag. I won the pole by about .5 seconds in the rain, but in the race the AI was pretty much right behind me until about the halfway point when it stopped raining, at which point I pulled away to an 8 second win.

It will get rather annoying rather fast if I have to do a practice race for each round just to calibrate the AI to the right level.

Ginetta Junior.
Did one race and was great, but I'm too pre-occupied running online.
Also obsessed with trying to figure out how this U1493 license works.

It was a bit of a mixed bag. I won the pole by about .5 seconds in the rain, but in the race the AI was pretty much right behind me until about the halfway point when it stopped raining, at which point I pulled away to an 8 second win.

It will get rather annoying rather fast if I have to do a practice race for each round just to calibrate the AI to the right level.
I had to spend about 40 minutes to finally get the second round adjusted properly, and by that time I was so fed up that I never actually finished the round. Just left after practice. @IanBell I know you've mentioned it, but if 3 people on gtplanet forums have noticed it, I'm assuming your casual market is noticing it and aren't going to be very polite about it. In my opinion, this should be pretty high on the priority list given that the career mode is such a large pillar of the game. (Although it may not be as bad in other classes, I have yet to try them)

I had to spend about 40 minutes to finally get the second round adjusted properly, and by that time I was so fed up that I never actually finished the round. Just left after practice. @IanBell I know you've mentioned it, but if 3 people on gtplanet forums have noticed it, I'm assuming your casual market is noticing it and aren't going to be very polite about it. In my opinion, this should be pretty high on the priority list given that the career mode is such a large pillar of the game. (Although it may not be as bad in other classes, I have yet to try them)

It seems they are aware of the problem and are working in it.

Doug914
As Ian mentioned, we're going through all the tracks again right now for consistency of speed. While this will never be perfect, there is definitely room for improvement in a good number of tracks. I'm personally trying to be as focused as possible on this task. I'm keeping an eye on car differences too, but this i much less of an issue. Also there's been some general AI fixes for future patches that have affected this directly and have had a blanket improvement. One was a change in the AI's ABS system which was causing longer braking distances and especially causing turn 1 race start pileups. Road cars with big power benefitted most. Secondly we found some problems with the snow and Ice slowdowns that were overdone, so you should see snow and ice driving more balanced.
And not AI related, but along with the snow/Ice fixing we sorted the Players studded tire grip that was so low on some cars. Don't ask what patch this all will be in cause' I don't exactly know. Enjoy the game everyone !

Ian has also said they will be working on the AI for at least the next 6 months so hopefully it will be better as time goes on.

Both of those are from this thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51832-On-the-topic-of-AI

I just finished my Ginetta Juniors championship.
The final race at Brand Hatch in the sleet/snow is something else!

It looks so beautiful!

Started in GT4. Won my first race at the Red Bull Ring in the wet, driving the Cayman GT4. Car felt absolutely brilliant, but when I got to Silverstone National, the setup had COMPLETELY changed for some reason. It wasn't even at default - it was wrong BEFORE I touched the car. The result? A car which was unstable around corners. I did not know this until I got to Hockenheim, where I found out that the setup was different. In the Silverstone race I retired a lap down due to a blown engine (smashed the radiator). I spun multiple times both in qualifying and in the race. At Hockenheim the car was back to normal and I was able to start first. Didn't win but I still managed second place, which allowed me to keep my second place in the championship. There must be some sort of bug which changes the setup from default without any input from the player.

Well, after 1 hour setting up camera/video/gameplay/HUD and 2 days fiddling with FFB, I think it's time to start a career. Ginetta Juniors or Formula Rookie? I'll sleep on it.

Well, after 1 hour setting up camera/video/gameplay/HUD and 2 days fiddling with FFB, I think it's time to start a career. Ginetta Juniors or Formula Rookie? I'll sleep on it.

Ginetta Juniors is a blast, although the AI is inconsistent difficulty wise. I haven't tried FR yet, but if you choose that route make sure you avoid the Asian Championship as the last race is messed up.

Ginetta Juniors is a blast, although the AI is inconsistent difficulty wise. I haven't tried FR yet, but if you choose that route make sure you avoid the Asian Championship as the last race is messed up.
Might go with Ginetta Jr as Motor City Hami published car setup. :D

How many cars do we race against in our career races? It seems like 12, but the demo vid for the clio class shows over 20 cars on the track. And i believe pc1 had over 20 cars on the track. I'm confused

I started in super trofeo and that all went fine, but then when moving on to tier 5 (GT3) I chose the german gt series, my first race was in a gt3 car on ice and at 10% throttle and break I was still spinning out with ice tires. meanwhile the AI cars had were going impossibly fast. I've never seen a GT3 race in ice, but it was extremely frustrating to not be able to even make it half a lap without spinning out, It didn't matter how many driver aides I implemented it seemed to be the same. The next race was Red Bull Ring and I got a podium finish on that. Not sure if it was just a weather bug or what it was but I would never be able to finish that race, let along get a podium finish. Any others come across this? Or am I just slow?

How many cars do we race against in our career races? It seems like 12, but the demo vid for the clio class shows over 20 cars on the track. And i believe pc1 had over 20 cars on the track. I'm confused
Changes based on series.

I started in super trofeo and that all went fine, but then when moving on to tier 5 (GT3) I chose the german gt series, my first race was in a gt3 car on ice and at 10% throttle and break I was still spinning out with ice tires. meanwhile the AI cars had were going impossibly fast. I've never seen a GT3 race in ice, but it was extremely frustrating to not be able to even make it half a lap without spinning out, It didn't matter how many driver aides I implemented it seemed to be the same. The next race was Red Bull Ring and I got a podium finish on that. Not sure if it was just a weather bug or what it was but I would never be able to finish that race, let along get a podium finish. Any others come across this? Or am I just slow?

Someone please tell me that GT3's racing on ice in career is a bug ??? That would not happen and if it did it would be red flagged. I'm all for showcasing the weather but there's a time and place for it

Someone please tell me that GT3's racing on ice in career is a bug ??? That would not happen and if it did it would be red flagged. I'm all for showcasing the weather but there's a time and place for it

Unfortunately it's by design. They are working on making it more driveable, but it's still not very fitting in a racing simulator.

Unfortunately it's by design. They are working on making it more driveable, but it's still not very fitting in a racing simulator.

Seriously ? Which bright spark thought that was a good idea .
Just look back at what happened at the Nordshleife a while ago when it hailed so hard it was white over and Cars stranded all over .
Thought this was supposed to be a serious race sim with snow and ice added for fun on the side . Putting it in career mode for GT3's is bonkers

Latest Posts

Back