Project CARS 2 Demo Arrives on all Major Platforms

I dunno, I’ve tried motion controls today on GTS and I went back to stick. It just feels really weird. Surprised so many people liked it. I’m definitely not faster with it.

I think pCARS will never be as easy to drive as GTS. That’s kind of the point though. GTS feels like there are some hidden assists there that make it easy even with assists off. It’s not bad, but much more limited as a simulator.

One thing I’ll give you though, there is something wrong with HDR implementation. Wonder if it will change in the patch, since the demo is more like patch 2.5 not 3.0

It's funny to know that you think GT is never going to be as easy to drive then P-Cars, when the first thing I thought about when I tried the P-Cars 2 demo last night was just how easy it was in comparison to GTS :lol:.

This is with zero assists but ABS for both games.

For example in GTS in BOP mode, I hit that throttle a hair too much and Im going sideways in the Gr. 3 NSX, but meanwhile in the Renault 3.5 I can drive over grass without too many issues on P-Cars.

Go figure..

It's funny to know that you think GT is never going to be as easy to drive then P-Cars, when the first thing I thought about when I tried the P-Cars 2 demo last night was just how easy it was in comparison to GTS :lol:.

This is with zero assists but ABS for both games.

For example in GTS in BOP mode, I hit that throttle a hair too much and Im going sideways in the Gr. 3 NSX, but meanwhile in the Renault 3.5 I can drive over grass without too many issues on P-Cars.

Go figure..
Indeed! Everyones different, so what works for one doesn’t work for someone else.

Well, I went back to the demo today
Tried the demo. It's a very good game imo, really good. The physics are good but I don't get that natural feeling from it them or a desire to just drive for the enjoyment of the physics, almost like a disconnect. But It is still a top game and I enjoyed it, it just makes GTS look even more lame and antiquated in my eyes.

There is one thing preventing me from buying this while I own the standard PS4 though, the graphics. They still look terrible, I'm not talking about eye candy but the technical aspect. My eyes were starting to strain after only 2 laps due to all the jaggies and shadows flickering in cockpit. This funny enough was eased by rainy conditions when behind AI because the spray obscured the scenery. The rain conditions were really enjoyable, hopefully the graphical issues will be solved so I can pick this up at a later date.

I returned a PS4 version from Black Friday for this very reason. I'm going to just stick with PC until I either get a Pro or X1X.

VBR
I found it under Demos on the UK PS Store, not on the actual game listing itself.
Never mind, I just borrowed my brother's US account and downloaded the demo from there. I have actually tried the demo this morning for a good 3 hours, and will give my feedback later.

So the free demo of PC2 that you released 2 months after the full game was sold at full price, has got the best feedback for any product you've released....

That odd, to say the least :lol:

They did proper bug testing on this one ... :D

Finally tried out the demo. The Huracan sounds 1000 times better!! That was the first thing I noticed. Second biggest thing I noticed is the picture quality looks cleaner. Last of the major differences I noticed was how it looks in the rain. The track is much darker when wet and now we have a bit of a drying line where the racing groove is.

After having played the demo I think I'm actually most excited to hear the sounds of the other cars.

Fingers crossed the AI difficulty has been balanced out. Seems like it might have been in the demo but too small of a sample size to tell for sure.

I got the game first but I tried the demo. The demo drives much better than the full game because the car settings in the game don't stay on the assists I put them on. It must be a bug but I been trying to explain to them about the bugs.

I've driven them all! Race07 simbin games. rFactor (my favorite) rFactor2 Iracing Raceroom etc. What matters most to me in a drive simulator is: The car behaves like in reality and engine sound is truthful to reality. And Project CARS never gona be a simulator!! I was also in the first test of Project CARS alpha. In GT Sport i feel connected to the car and the road. And its feel damn real to me. And I've been driving since I was 18 years old, it's over 40 years of driving. So to me is now GT Sport NR 1 on the list of driving simulator

Last edited:
I've driven them all! Race07 simbin games. rFactor (my favorite) rFactor2 Iracing Raceroom etc. What matters most to me in a drive simulator is: The car behaves like in reality and engine sound is truthful to reality. And Project CARS never gona be a simulator!! I was also in the first test of Project CARS alpha. In GT Sport i feel connected to the car and the road. And its feel damn real to me. And I've been driving since I was 18 years old, it's over 40 years of driving. So to me is now GT Sport NR 1 on the list of driving simulator
Well, I've only been driving for 18 years, so I'm glad you pointed this out to me. My noob-ness is still making me think a couple games (AC PCars and Forza) feel more like real life than GT.

Hmmm me to 18 to 45yrs old race07 800hrs and plenty on the rest GTL/gtr2 being the most standout and the Touring cars/clio's on p/cars are the best ive felt since I gave up race07/raceroom you must need a better car/wheel setup somewhere :/

:lol:

:lol: well, you have to say this on the AC official forum...

I dunno, I’ve tried motion controls today on GTS and I went back to stick. It just feels really weird. Surprised so many people liked it. I’m definitely not faster with it.

i also never got into motion controls as i just dont like air-steering, it feels strange to me. i need to feel some kind of counterforce, even if its only the stick.
but: its no surprise that you are not faster after just a few trys on one day. same as when you transition from stick to actual wheel, you need to give yourself some time to get accustomed to it. no one is faster with motion controls than witch stick within a few hours.

This is just so patently untrue after spending only a handful of minutes with the game that you must be having a good joke with us. Why would you stake your whole reputation on such a claim? It makes anything you say going forward eye brow raising as a result.

Take any fwd car in GTS drive it for one lap and tell me that's how it handles in real life. Watch @Scaff videos on the matter to see how it's objectively untrue. And that is just one example, there are many more.

you are really wrong. when i go over to the forza forum there is literally NO thread that has a positive title. they all are threads about performance issues, bad optimized content, bad multiplayer etc.
I haven't check those threads lately so maybe your right. But are they trying to get petitions signed and create lawsuits. Are they calling Greenwalt and Kaz liars, scam artist after giving their free time to talk with us for months.

I haven't check those threads lately so maybe your right. But are they trying to get petitions signed and create lawsuits. Are they calling Greenwalt and Kaz liars, scam artist after giving their free time to talk with us for months.
When I check the FM7 subforum there's relatively little dissent. There's a lot of dissent in the GTS forum and yes, Kaz has been called a liar on many, many occasions, much more than Ian even.

In this subforum there's actually relatively little dissent. A few people who have a history with being banned on the official forums. And seeing how these people behave here it's hardly a surprise they were. And then there's a few rabid GT fanboys who live in an alternate reality bubble. But you can really count them on one hand. Most people in here are quite reasonable and enjoy multiple titles. 👍 And discuss flaws/bugs in a normal way. It really is just a loud few.

Yeah if you looking for truthful engine sounds then yeah GT will always come out on top. I love it when i play GT cause my wife thinks im doing the housework!

Yeah if you looking for truthful engine sounds then yeah GT will always come out on top. I love it when i play GT cause my wife thinks im doing the housework!

PD did improve a lot with GTS though.

Downloade the demo - pc version - but it won't start. :(

Restart the pc, switched off windows defender/firewall to no avail.

Removed the demo.

Last edited:

Sorry kids. Project CARS will never be a simulator. Project CARS and Forza are super arcade games.

With such in-depth and detailed explanations how can any one argue.

It's time for a Carl Sagan moment. That which is presented without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

VCOMP140.DLL is missing.
Right click on Project Cars 2 Demo in your Steam game list. Select 'Properties', then click the local files tab and select 'Verify integrity of game files' to check you have all the necessary files.

Back