Project CARS 2 Demo Arrives on all Major Platforms

Also, the AI was wacky. I raced back to back in the Lambo race 1st race came in 3rd and the ai was fairly good. Second race, I beat the AI by 7 seconds, my skills did not increase that much in one race. What I think was happening was the AI was racing under fog the whole time while on my screen, the fog did not appear until almost thru the last lap. I think there are still some bugs to be worked out.

Well, in the interest of fairness I have to report my findings. I tried to recreate this after downloading the PC demo and found that there is no way I came in 3rd against that Lambo AI. I then saw the difficulty ratings which indicated that the Lambo race was 1 star, F1 2 and Ferrari 3. What must have happened is I raced the Ferrari, came in third then went and raced the Lambo not realizing it.

I was in the process of making a video, which I will load here anyway because is pretty funny. I named it Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as that is what it looks like I am leading. I didn't go much higher than 87 and as low as 48 and the ai cars just followed me as if in a parade. :)

Having settled all this, I still have an issue with the AI in this game and do not know if it will be fixed in the patch or not. No matter how i set it I either get left in the dust, lead by too large a margin, or more often end up racing in the middle by myself, with the pack behind me too far back to be an issue and the leaders so far I can never catch them.Also, if I happen to spin out and a couple of those cars in the back manage to pass me they magically become Senna and are the best drivers in the world. It is the same way in the demo giving me pause as to whether the AI has been improved or not.

Lastly, is there a utility that can convert replay files to a supported format? I had to record this on my phone since it was the only way I could accomplish it.

Last edited:
Well, tried the demo - pc version - with keyboard, set everything to maximum and the graphics are gorgeous and very crisp. This pc isn't even struggling with everyting on max, visually. A little stutter during replay but not that much. Well done @IanBell

Need to install my G27 again and start playing and trying out pCars2 with a steering wheel. Haven't played AC and PCars1 in over a year (almost two years). I just lost interest in race games and gaming in general.

Last edited:
Well, in the interest of fairness I have to report my findings. I tried to recreate this after downloading the PC demo and found that there is no way I came in 3rd against that Lambo AI. I then saw the difficulty ratings which indicated that the Lambo race was 1 star, F1 2 and Ferrari 3. What must have happened is I raced the Ferrari, came in third then went and raced the Lambo not realizing it.

I was in the process of making a video, which I will load here anyway because is pretty funny. I named it Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as that is what it looks like I am leading. I didn't go much higher than 87 and as low as 48 and the ai cars just followed me as if in a parade. :)

Having settled all this, I still have an issue with the AI in this game and do not know if it will be fixed in the patch or not. No matter how i set it I either get left in the dust, lead by too large a margin, or more often end up racing in the middle by myself, with the pack behind me too far back to be an issue and the leaders so far I can never catch them.

Lastly, is there a utility that can convert replay files to a supported format? I had to record this on my phone since it was the only way I could accomplish it.

The demo is working with fixed values for the AI.

The full title has fully adjustable AI in terms of both pace and aggression (on a 0 to 100 scale for aggression and a 0 to 120 for pace).

Having done back to back comparisons across both and plenty of races in PC2, the aggression on all three demo races is set low, and the pace set to around (and these are estimates) 50, 70 and 90 odd for the three races respectability.

The parade you are talking about is simply the result of a low pace and aggression setting in the Road Car race, as I can assure you at higher values they will race both you and each other as aggressively as you feel comfortable with.

The demo is working with fixed values for the AI.

The full title has fully adjustable AI in terms of both pace and aggression (on a 0 to 100 scale for aggression and a 0 to 120 for pace).

Having done back to back comparisons across both and plenty of races in PC2, the aggression on all three demo races is set low, and the pace set to around (and these are estimates) 50, 70 and 90 odd for the three races respectability.

The parade you are talking about is simply the result of a low pace and aggression setting in the Road Car race, as I can assure you at higher values they will race both you and each other as aggressively as you feel comfortable with.

Yeah, I have the full title on PC as I said. Maybe I need to concentrate on the aggression setting as I do tend to keep it low to avoid the aforementioned bumping from the race start through the 1st turn I was incurring in most races.

Yeah, I have the full title on PC as I said. Maybe I need to concentrate on the aggression setting as I do tend to keep it low to avoid the aforementioned bumping from the race start through the 1st turn I was incurring in most races.
I tend to run it around 50 to 60 and find that balance works for me.

I do turn in down with open wheel and LMP and up with Touring Cars and Cup cars, as that also reflects how people generally approach these different classes as well in reality.

Thought id have a go with a controller today to see if it was perfect or twitchy. For me it was twitchy and can see anyone coming from Forza or GTS having issues with it. However it only took 20 mins to get it dialed in better although not perfect. Anyone struggling with twitchyness increase the deadzone and lower the steering sensitivity. I had it 15 deadzone and 5 steering sensitivity which was a massive improvement from default. Im sure it could be dialed in better aldo if i put more time into controller the settings.

Last edited:
I am sad reading this. I hope that you have a reasonable background saying stuff like this. Something more than 1 round would be helpful, otherwise, I hope that your brain simulates itself as good as SMS simulate driving...
I'm sorry I'm trying to find this demo .I got a ps4 , is there a hidden notch or something I need to do?Thanks for a reply

I'm sorry I'm trying to find this demo .I got a ps4 , is there a hidden notch or something I need to do?Thanks for a reply

Go to the main store page for Project Cars 2. Scroll down to the very bottom you will see a demo link. Click it and install.

Just back from holiday and can't find it on the PS4.
Under the demo section correct?

Edit.
Thanks above.

Is there a utility to convert replay files to a usable format or is 3rd party software the only option?

Out of interest what format are they in? If they in game format (retain all view options) then of course its not actually a video file at all. Is there an option to EXPORT the replay? All camera views would have to be fixed of course.

XXI
Just back from holiday and can't find it on the PS4.
Under the demo section correct?

Edit.
Thanks above.
Out of interest what format are they in? If they in game format (retain all view options) then of course its not actually a video file at all. Is there an option to EXPORT the replay? All camera views would have to be fixed of course.

Did some Google Fu and I'm pretty sure 3rd party is the only option.

Really surprised at the engines still sounding so digital, really bothers me, sounds so bad.
Will they fix the spray in the rain so it moves at more than 6fps or is that the best it will get?
Feels rushed and unpolished, still not a purchase for me.

I've driven them all! Race07 simbin games. rFactor (my favorite) rFactor2 Iracing Raceroom etc. What matters most to me in a drive simulator is: The car behaves like in reality and engine sound is truthful to reality. And Project CARS never gona be a simulator!! I was also in the first test of Project CARS alpha. In GT Sport i feel connected to the car and the road. And its feel damn real to me. And I've been driving since I was 18 years old, it's over 40 years of driving. So to me is now GT Sport NR 1 on the list of driving simulator
People think you are trolling, I don't. I think that your really just want to strongly believe this and are kidding yourself. Have any of your real life cars crab walked or had bars of soap fitted as tyres? Just curious.

A couple of hours ago, I tried the demo with the G27. pCars2 feels like a huge improvement compared to pCars. The graphics look better in the sense that it looks more realistic.
The feel of the car feels better compared to pCars. The FFB settings are far better and easier to setup. The FFB feels more real to me. I'm one of the few people on this planet whom doesn't believe and like FFB. But pCars2 did a good job this time in creating a more realistic FFB feel.

The only thing I still regret is all the different steering wheel setup options. It still feels unreal if you can't find the right setup. How AC does it is much better. You calibrate the wheel, change a few settings >> FFB, button assigments etc ... and you're set to go. The steering in AC feel much more realistic from the get-go.

All in all, pCars 2 is not an arcade game as some-one mentioned in this thread. I have a copy of pCars and always liked AC. I always said that I was not going to buy pCars 2 but I have to rethink my decision. pCars 2's demo is that good.

A couple of hours ago, I tried the demo with the G27. pCars2 feels like a huge improvement compared to pCars. The graphics look better in the sense that it looks more realistic.
The feel of the car feels better compared to pCars. The FFB settings are far better and easier to setup. The FFB feels more real to me. I'm one of the few people on this planet whom doesn't believe and like FFB. But pCars2 did a good job this time in creating a more realistic FFB feel.

The only thing I still regret is all the different steering wheel setup options. It still feels unreal if you can't find the right setup. How AC does it is much better. You calibrate the wheel, change a few settings >> FFB, button assigments etc ... and you're set to go. The steering in AC feel much more realistic from the get-go.

All in all, pCars 2 is not an arcade game as some-one mentioned in this thread. I have a copy of pCars and always liked AC. I always said that I was not going to buy pCars 2 but I have to rethink my decision. pCars 2's demo is that good.

I can confirm your findings in FFB. Its pretty good. But i dont like the game graphically, soundwise or lighting engine wise. Thats why for me the demo kind of confirmed my initial disinterest to buy it. Will stick with AC on PC and GTS on Pro for the time being. Would've loved Forza 7 on my PC, unfortunatelly its a bug fest so i got a refund :D

Last edited:
I am glad they put out this demo... Did a direct comparison with AC (used the Ferrari on RBR) tried a few of the recommended FFB settings people have posted and pCARS 2 was just not satisfying vs AC. I am going to give it another shot when I get a chance.. maybe I picked the wrong FFB settings. pCARS 2 sound is also weird for me. The graphics I can get used to but I prefer the look of AC on that aspect as well. The track and car list in pCARS 2 is what is so tempting.. maybe after a few more patches/update cycles or if they release a complete edition once all the DLC is out.

But between AC just being so good to drive and the new content coming to GTS.... It just does not seem worth it to me at the moment so the demo saved me $25.

Last edited:
be sure to load the stable setup on the cars and add a bit of fx on the default fab setup, then you should be able to have something close to AC, otherwise it's a loose setup optimized for controller gameplay

I am glad they put out this demo... Did a direct comparison with AC (used the Ferrari on RBR) tried a few of the recommended FFB settings people have posted and pCARS 2 was just not satisfying vs AC. I am going to give it another shot when I get a chance.. maybe I picked the wrong FFB settings. pCARS 2 sound is also weird for me. The graphics I can get used to but I prefer the look of AC on that aspect as well. The track and car list in pCARS 2 is what is so tempting.. maybe after a few more patches/update cycles or if they release a complete edition once all the DLC is out.

But between AC just being so good to drive and the new content coming to GTS.... It just does not seem worth it to me at the moment so the demo saved me $25.
I genuinely don't understand that if you are a racing game fan why you wouldn't want this game in your collection. It's close to AC for the handling/physics, it has a circuit roster to die for, a great selection of cars but more importantly a feature set that other games can only dream of.

I genuinely don't understand that if you are a racing game fan why you wouldn't want this game in your collection. It's close to AC for the handling/physics, it has a circuit roster to die for, a great selection of cars but more importantly a feature set that other games can only dream of.

you did not ask me, but the same applies to me, so i will answer for my part: my biggest problem with the game is at the moment its technical state. i found that the demo performed poorly on my pretty much high end PC. i found the image too busy with shadows and treetexture flickering.
i am used to what i get from AC and GTS, the image is much more clean and stable.
i see myself purchasing PCars2, but only after they clean it up a bit.

you did not ask me, but the same applies to me, so i will answer for my part: my biggest problem with the game is at the moment its technical state. i found that the demo performed poorly on my pretty much high end PC. i found the image too busy with shadows and treetexture flickering.
i am used to what i get from AC and GTS, the image is much more clean and stable.
i see myself purchasing PCars2, but only after they clean it up a bit.
I too play on a high end PC and Xbox One X and I genuinely can't see what the issue is. I have no idea how you cope with GTS if that is the case.

I too play on a high end PC and Xbox One X and I genuinely can't see what the issue is. I have no idea how you cope with GTS if that is the case.

Do you play GTS on the Pro on a 4k Display? I do, on a B7 OLED and i actually have to use the word "stunning".
It is a very clean and stable presentation and runs very smooth.
Of course its a bit soft on the eye with that 1800c resolution, but nevertheless. There is no flickering and the aliasing is to me minimal. PCars2 does not come near that in terms of image quality. But then again. Its maybe just me, but i doubt it, because i am very sensitive to those aspects.

Last edited:
Do you play GTS on the Pro on a 4k Display? I do, on a B7 OLED and i actually have to use the word "stunning".
It is a very clean and stable presentation and runs very smooth.
Of course its a bit soft on the eye with that 1800c resolution, but nevertheless. There is no flickering and the aliasing is to me minimal. PCars2 does not come near that in terms of image quality. But then again. Its maybe just me, but i doubt it, because i am very sensitive to those aspects.
I have a pro and a B6. How do you cope with the flickering shadows, the poor quality mesh looking shadows when the sun is very low, the awful jaggies on the reflections of your dashboard in the windscreen, the lod pop in on other cars if you are quite that sensitive? Surely if you can ignore those then it's not too difficult to ignore any graphical anomalies on the PC version of PC2 if you have such a powerful PC particularly when you consider just how much game you actually get compared to GTS. Where you unable to play GT5/6 because of the poor graphics when compared to this generation of games or how about TOCA or Colin MCrae Rally?

I find the shadow flickering honestly not that bad. Just the shadow edges are not very nice. You are right though about the reflections in the windscreen, but there are also quality differences between the cars, so i use probably only those where the reflections are either non existent or actually pretty okay.
You have LOD pop in but to a minimal extent i think. Forza 7 is way worse and i also saw it in PCars2 and AC, its probably just something you kind of have to live with i guess.
I dont say that GTS does not have any of the issues the other games have. I just say: As a package, its more pleasing to my eye than, say, PCars2.

Back