Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
Why less content compared with previous "limited edition upgrade pack" and "japanese car pack" ?
Season pass wil be less expensive because less content, or not ?
There was no Season Pass in PC1 so nothing to compare it to. I have no reason to believe that there will be less content in this game. However, the less in the preorder bonuses compared to the Japanese Pack of last game would be because of it being a pre-order bonus and they don't want to sell the same content multiple times.

There was no Season Pass in PC1 so nothing to compare it to. I have no reason to believe that there will be less content in this game. However, the less in the preorder bonuses compared to the Japanese Pack of last game would be because of it being a pre-order bonus and they don't want to sell the same content multiple times.
We don't know how many or how much content we will have in the DLC's but Ian did say that he will NOT be doing 1 a month like last time. He said it was way to much work for the team last time.

Is Japanese Car Pack will be part of Season Pass, or is it Limited Edition bonus?
Limited Edition Bonus
It says it will be available with the season pass at no additional charge as well. This is why I asked if it would be a day one release if you preorder the season pass. However seeing the digital day one edition now. Maybe all the editions other than standard will include the Japanese pack.

Japanese carpack is Limited and higher bonus.
NOT part of the seasonpass, but MAYBE late on sale as LE carpack ( in pCars1 it was available at Steam )

Reading the preorder page again. The Seaon Pass has a separate bulletpoint from the 2 car packs. The wording and having it placed between the 2 car packs is what caused the confusion.

Reading the preorder page again. The Seaon Pass has a separate bulletpoint from the 2 car packs. The wording and having it placed between the 2 car packs is what caused the confusion.

Limited Edition Bonus

I would also like to clarify this. I don't like to spend more than I need to and I don't need any model cars, but as a Host of Classic race Series I do need all the classic content including the two classics included in the Japanese Car Pack.

Do I have to get the Limited Edition at £129.99 to get the Japanese Car Pack or could I just preorder the game and season pass with a substantial saving?

I would also like to clarify this. I don't like to spend more than I need to and I don't need any model cars, but as a Host of Classic race Series I do need all the classic content including the two classics included in the Japanese Car Pack.

Do I have to get the Limited Edition at £129.99 to get the Japanese Car Pack or could I just preorder the game and season pass with a substantial saving?
Pre-order with Season Pass.

Will be Great to see all 2017 cars models/livery
- WEC 2017-2018 DLC Pack will be Great
- GT3 2017 DLC Pack
- WRX 2017 DLC Pack
- F1 2017 DLC Pack
...more

Guys if I only get the standard version of the game and don't pre-order any of the 3 pre-order versions available I won't be able to buy the Japanese Cars Pack and the Motorsport Pack separately?

It says "exclusive car packs".... so if I don't pre-order the game I can NEVER get that content?

Guys if I only get the standard version of the game and don't pre-order any of the 3 pre-order versions available I won't be able to buy the Japanese Cars Pack and the Motorsport Pack separately?

It says "exclusive car packs".... so if I don't pre-order the game I can NEVER get that content?
Japanese Pack, you might be able to buy it sometime after launch but the Motorsport Pack may remain exclusive to the Season Pass until we get an eventual GOTY or Complete Edition.

The Motorsport Pack is "Exclusively available to Season Pass holders", but the season pass only comes in the Ultra and Collector's Editions, which are presented in a box, but I don't want a box, I just want the simple DVD and it's case. Can I get the Season Pass separately? This way I could get Limited Edition which comes in simple DVD case, no box and then get the season pass.

Last edited:
The Motorsport Pack is "Exclusively available to Season Pass holders", but the season pass only comes in the Ultra and Collector's Editions, which are presented in a box, but I don't want a box, I just want the simple DVD and it's case. Can I get the Season Pass separately? This way I could get Limited Edition which comes in simple DVD case, no box and then get the season pass.
Season Pass will be available separately of course, that's just a bonus for those editions.
There's even digital editions that have either both the season pass and japanese pack or just japanese pack.

Ok so I can get the limited edition which comes in a DVD/Blu-ray case and which has the japanese car pack and then I can get the Season Pass separately from PSN store (I'm a PS4 player) to get the motorsport pack correct?
Limited edition seems roughly same price as standard edition, only 5€ more. Why they called limited edition? The ultra edition is the one limited: 1000 copies lol

Ok so I can get the limited edition which comes in a DVD/Blu-ray case and which has the japanese car pack and then I can get the Season Pass separately from PSN store (I'm a PS4 player) to get the motorsport pack correct?
Yes, that's correct.

One more question: Any Idea how much Season Pass costs? It automatically unlocks all DLC that are released right? So it should be something like 50€ right?

Edit: found the answer, it seems to be 30€. Still, it unlocks all future content to be released?

Last edited:
One more question: Any Idea how much Season Pass costs? It automatically unlocks all DLC that are released right? So it should be something like 50€ right?

Edit: found the answer, it seems to be 30€. Still, it unlocks all future content to be released?
Yes, as far as we know it does

I just went to a store this evening in Portugal and the only version I could pre-order was the standard version, they didn't have the limited edition. Are those pre-order editions only available via online or I can do it in a physical store?

I just went to a store this evening in Portugal and the only version I could pre-order was the standard version, they didn't have the limited edition. Are those pre-order editions only available via online or I can do it in a physical store?
Did you ask them or you just assumed based on a box that you saw that it only showed the standard edition?

Fnac and Worten AFAIK only have the standard version.
Don't rush it. With time, the other versions will start showing up, I'm pretty sure of it.

Also look for El Corte Inglés, as they usually have nice discounts for pre-orders.

Back