Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
But where this 924 GTP would fit?

Personally i hope that 919 Hybrid and this 961 GTO are the only Porsche we will get. After Porsche Legends pack there is too much of it. I hope we will get other brands in LeMans pack.

McLaren F1 GTR, Ford GT40 and D-Type are good guesses. 3 hybrids 919, R18 and TS050 are also quite possible.

I agree with this, but I would go further - the Porsche 961 is not an icon or a legend and is a very poor choice for any game - only 1 was made and it was only raced 3 times (once at Le Mans). I'm an enthusiast so I generally know the names of most of the legendary / iconic cars in motorsport, but this car was so obscure I had to look it up - not surprising as the project was cancelled after only 1 was made. Unfortunately this will no doubt mean a very small selection of liveries - so another car that can't be used for one make racing.

The Porsche 924 GTP is also not a legend or an iconic car - only 4 were made plus 2 944 GTP LM on related chassis. Again there will probably be a lack of liveries plus it doesn't fit in the game.

Cars selected should ideally have a big selection of liveries and a long and illustrious history of competition. Into that category I would put:

Jaguar D Type - in game competitor: Aston Martin DBR1/300
Ferrari 250 TR - as above

Ford GT40 MK1 - in game competitors - Ford MK4, Ferrari 330 P4 plus this car continued in use until 1969 racing the early 908 and 917's.
Ferrari 250LM - as above

Ferrari 512 M or S or both - in game competitor - Porsche 917K
Porsche 917LH - as above

Chevrolet Corvette C3 - in game competitors - Ferrari Daytona and Porsche 911 RSR 2.8. Having created a group of 3 these could then be split off from the current GTA category which is full of cars with no headlights and therefore can't realistically be used for multi-class Le Mans racing.

Ideally the Ferraris could go in the Ferrari pack to save slots for other cars in the Le Mans pack.

I am glad that SMS have added the Can Am category with a Porsche 917/10 as it is a great car and a lot of fun to drive, however when adding a new category it would be better to add at least two cars - e.g. a McLaren.

Completely agree with that, great that we have got a new car but it’s annoying at the same time as I’d rather have classes fully represented rather than the odd car, unless you can use them as a single make series like the Lambo ST

@MroczMR @Sick Cylinder -- It's certainly preferable to have a fleshed-out class instead of odd one-offs, but I'll take an odd one-off over yet another modern, slicks-shod, high-downforce racecar, or yet another vintage mega-turbocharged racecar with fat tires. I'm a Porsche fan, and for all the Porsches in this game, there are only a few I would have asked for. For my sake, the game could still use more of them -- more of Porsche's rich history of roadcars.

Since the notion of roadcars in PCARS gives some people aneurysms, I'll accept a racecar like the 924 GTP over a 944 Turbo, or the 2.8 RSR we got instead of any kind of ordinary naturally-aspirated 911. It's an acceptable enough compromise.

I don't care if a car like the 919 Hybrid is a better fit because I'm not going to drive it. More power to anyone else who is excited for it; I'm just here in my corner hoping for something I can enjoy driving too.

Last edited:
@MroczMR @Sick Cylinder -- It's certainly preferable to have a fleshed-out class instead of odd one-offs, but I'll take an odd one-off over yet another modern, slicks-shod, high-downforce racecar, or yet another vintage mega-turbocharged racecar with fat tires. I'm a Porsche fan, and for all the Porsches in this game, there are only a few I would have asked for. For my sake, the game could still use more of them -- more of Porsche's rich history of roadcars.

Since the notion of roadcars in PCARS gives some people aneurysms, I'll accept a racecar like the 924 GTP over a 944 Turbo, or the 2.8 RSR we got instead of any kind of ordinary naturally-aspirated 911. It's an acceptable enough compromise.

I don't care if a car like the 919 Hybrid is a better fit because I'm not going to drive it. More power to anyone else who is excited for it; I'm just here in my corner hoping for something I can enjoy driving too.

Agreed - I'm surprised that there was no 356, 550 or 718 - it would have been nice to get a lower powered Porsche to race against the Merc 300 SL and / or the Aston DBR1.

I think this is the style of 924 that we will get - a 2 litre 4 cylinder turbo from 1980:

This is just off the top of my head but here are my hopes for the Le Mans pack.

Would love to see LMP900 category beefed up with the Panoz LMP1 or Elan. Just think it's plausible since the GTR-1 is already in.

The Mazda 787B would be amazing, as would another Group C, perhaps the Peugeot 905 or the Toyota 88-CV.

The LMP1 addition of the Porche 919 would be a welcome boost to the class. I'd also keep my fingers crossed for them getting Ginettas new LMP1, given their seemingly unspoken partnership with SMS.

The '95 McLaren F1 would be an awesome addition to GTO and compete with it's rival F40 LM. Or how about the Lister Storm? (With Newcastle United livery of course lol XD )

The Ford GT40 also seems a very plausible addition to go with the classic protypes. Would love to see it.

As for GT1, the only car I could imagine being included that isn't already there is the Lotus Elise GT1. Wasn't particularly competetive but I'd welcome it either way.

The final and extremely wishful thing I'd love to see would a GTS class added, AKA the old Corvette C5-R, Viper GTS-R, Ferrari 550, Aston Martin DBR-9 and Saleen S7R. But that I know will likely never happen.

Oh and of course, a classic Le Mans track to tear up ; )

Sorry if that was a tad longwinded, was trying to keep my ideas within the realms of the classes that are already in the game.
Either way I love Project Cars 2, it has almost everything I could want from a motorsports game. All the extra stuff is just icing on the cake to me.

Content We Have Information About
Cars

2017 Ferrari F12tdf
2016 Audi R18 LMP1
2016 Ferrari 488 Challenge
2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
2016 Toyota TS050 Hybrid
2015 Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
2015 Ferrari FXX K
1995 Ferrari F355 Challenge
1987 Ferrari F40
1987 Porsche 961
1979 Ferrari 512BB LM
1971 Porsche 917 Long Tail
1958 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa

Potential Tracks
Interlagos
Mugello
upload-2_orig.png

Is information hidden in the unpacked bootfiles welcome?

And there are files for the 2016 R18 (as we already know) and 2016 R18 LM, so maybe a low downforce variant or just another case of selling one car per the price of two (like the 911 GT3 R sprint and endurance versions) ;)

Last edited:
And there are files for the 2016 R18 (as we already know) and 2016 R18 LM, so maybe a low downforce variant or just another case of selling one car per the price of two (like the 911 GT3 R sprint and endurance versions)

The two different versions of the 911 gt3 were because the manufacturer wanted sprint and endurance cars separated by the liveries. I'm stumped by the r18 because it was only in endurance races and there should only be 2 liveries anyways..

*edit* Unless a separate livery was used just for le mans

The two different versions of the 911 gt3 were because the manufacturer wanted sprint and endurance cars separated by the liveries. I'm stumped by the r18 because it was only in endurance races and there should only be 2 liveries anyways..

Sorry, I guess I got into a tone that wasn't intended - I guess I should add some smiley to stress the not at all raged intention. :) It's absolutely fine if manufacturers want them separated, no one is to blame for that.

I was surprised as well when I saw the lm files. The liveries differ with regards to the number plates, WEC sponsor is DHL while Le Mans shows its own logo - that's what I know for sure (that's in the files, too). No idea if they ran a different aero kit or something..

It's not about liveries but different aero kits (including different setup options), similar to the Langheck version of the Sauber C9 or the IndyCars for example.

Or they use a lower downforce setup for Le Mans. Last WEC season, it was discussed with Toyota using it at Silverstone which was why they didn't have pace for most of the race IIRC.

Or they use a lower downforce setup for Le Mans. Last WEC season, it was discussed with Toyota using it at Silverstone which was why they didn't have pace for most of the race IIRC.
It's not about liveries but different aero kits (including different setup options), similar to the Langheck version of the Sauber C9 or the IndyCars for example.

Both fair points. Forgot about different aero packages. Low and high down force setups like some other cars in the game

I'm really hoping these new lmp1 cars are going to be in a separate class, lmp1h or something that's separate from the marek, rwd, e tron, and ts040

On the other hand in GT Sport all lmp 1 cars are together in Group 1 and they compete fine.

In Project Cars 1 there was also situation when in LMP 1 class were 2 audis R18 TDI and E-Tron

Back