Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
Better like that to be honest let that space be taken by a special ferrari rather than the 488 challenge

Well I hope so, GTS lacked (lacks) content to begin with. Same with A.C., it'd be bare bones without dlc and modding. Think next time.

GT sport and AC literally lack proper content. If GT Sport charged for the dlc this would have caused an uprising. GT sport is getting updates which is good so the game is getting better when it comes to content but still not there yet of course.

Project Cars 2 has so much content sometimes I wonder what should I do now LOL

Well you’re all right. But that doesn’t answer my original question:”wow for what exactly!?” Does 1 free car makes you go wow?! (And nothing personal with jake2013guy, i had to google what “redacted” means :lol: ).
I never said the game isn’t content dense, i actually have all those games and I’ve been playing PC2 lately more than anything else (although it still lacks too much on the ffb and overall feel of the cars).

Well you’re all right. But that doesn’t answer my original question:”wow for what exactly!?” Does 1 free car makes you go wow?! (And nothing personal with jake2013guy, i had to google what “redacted” means :lol: ).
I never said the game isn’t content dense, i actually have all those games and I’ve been playing PC2 lately more than anything else (although it still lacks too much on the ffb and overall feel of the cars).

Its maybe because SMS never said anything about a Free DLC car. Many expected the 488 Challenge to be in the Ferrari Pack. Hence why its a surprise to many. We all expected the 488 to come but not as a Free car.

Wow is more the unexpected nature of it. And what @GOTMAXPOWER said above.

Redacted was initially sarcasm in response to sarcasm but changed my mind.

So, let me just do a quick compilation of how things stand, regarding DLC cars:

Le Mans Icons (9 cars):
- Porsche 917 Langheck
- Porsche 961
- Ferrari 250 Testarossa
- Ferrari 512 M
- Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga
- Audi R18 E-tron 2016
- Toyota TS050 Hybrid
- Porsche 919 Hybrid
- Ferrari 512 BB LM

Ferrari Pack (8 cars):
- Ferrari 250 GT Competizione
- Ferrari F355 Challenge
- Ferrari F40
- Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
- Ferrari F12tdf
- Ferrari FXX-K
- For one spot, left open, many would kill me, but I don't care, I would love to see: Ferrari 488 Pista. What a machine!
- For the other, the 250 GTO.

EDIT: The 512 BB LM and the Porsche 961 were both Le Mans winners, in the GTX class. 1981 and 1986, respectively. Make sense for them to be both on the Le Mans pack. This leaves two openings for the Ferrari Pack!

Last edited:
288 GTO Evoluzione for me or the Ferrari F50.

So many Ferraris I want. I just want them to release a expansion pack that has all the cars from Test Drive Ferrari and some of the tracks like enna pergusa and spa 2004 incorporated into Project Cars 2.

I still stand that I would prefer the Le Man pack wasn't completely full of Porsches and Ferrari's as they have their own packs aleady.

Hoping to possibly see Mazda, Peugeot possibly Mclaren in there to.

That said I am looking forward to this 488.

Somewhat suprised it wasn't a Porsche in the free update but eh, I'm not complaining ;)

I still stand that I would prefer the Le Man pack wasn't completely full of Porsches and Ferrari's as they have their own packs aleady.
Aside from the Fun Pack, I feel like SMS's DLC plan is not doing that much to expand on things the game doesn't already have. We already had Porsches, we already have Ferraris, and we already have Le Mans cars (and Porsches and Ferraris, again, as you point out).

I don't regret buying the season pass, but it would be nice if SMS has more up their sleeve.

Hoping to possibly see Mazda, Peugeot possibly Mclaren in there to.

That said I am looking forward to this 488.

Somewhat suprised it wasn't a Porsche in the free update but eh, I'm not complaining ;)
I agree there's just so many more manufacturers and cars they can touch on besides Porsches and Ferraris. Don't get me wrong they are welcomed but i don't think they should have made dedicated car packs with those and out 32 dlc cars it's looking like around 20-24 of them will be between both of those manufacturers...not a lot of room left for others. I did bring up the question awhile ago whether SMS plans to bring even more dlc cars after the season pass is over, we can only hope.

Last edited:
Aside from the Fun Pack, I feel like SMS's DLC plan is not doing that much to expand on things the game doesn't already have. We already had Porsches, we already have Ferraris, and we already have Le Mans cars (and Porsches and Ferraris, again, as you point out).

I don't regret buying the season pass, but it would be nice if SMS has more up their sleeve.

What kind of expansion would you like to see?

What kind of expansion would you like to see?
More Hondas; Mazdas; Subarus; other Toyotas besides the GT86 and TS cars (I'm aware Toyota is being difficult lately). More GMs; Chryslers. Alfa Romeos; a couple Fiats (Abarth) and Lancias. Volkswagens. The Caterham Classic as in PCARS1; Lotus roadcars; TVRs. More Citroëns; Peugeots.

Popular homologated cars, including street versions of models in the game (in contradiction with my previous post, but the driving experience is not the same). More cars with 200-300hp or less; either vintage and/or grassroots racecars, or for Road F, Road G, and the non-existent Road H. More touring cars, particularly older ones. Touge cars, like SMS suggested as a possibility for PCARS2.

To be clear, I don't expect SMS to add ALL of the above, and it's not like the game is lacking for variety. The point is that it's got some holes that could be filled, and plenty more fans of various cars or brands to please besides Porsche and Ferrari. I understand that takes time, and some may have to wait for PCARS3.

So, let me just do a quick compilation of how things stand, regarding DLC cars:

Le Mans Icons (9 cars):
- Porsche 917 Langheck
- Porsche 961
- Ferrari 250 Testarossa
- Ferrari 512 M
- Ferrari 512 S Coda Lunga
- Audi R18 E-tron 2016
- Toyota TS050 Hybrid
- Porsche 919 Hybrid
- Ferrari 512 BB LM

Ferrari Pack (8 cars):
- Ferrari 250 GT Competizione
- Ferrari F355 Challenge
- Ferrari F40
- Ferrari 458 Speciale Aperta
- Ferrari F12tdf
- Ferrari FXX-K
- For one spot, left open, many would kill me, but I don't care, I would love to see: Ferrari 488 Pista. What a machine!
- For the other, the 250 GTO.

EDIT: The 512 BB LM and the Porsche 961 were both Le Mans winners, in the GTX class. 1981 and 1986, respectively. Make sense for them to be both on the Le Mans pack. This leaves two openings for the Ferrari Pack!

The Porsche 961 is not a Le Mans Icon or Le Mans legend - any car of which only 1 is made before the project is cancelled and only competes in 3 races before being mothballed is not a legend. I very much hope this car is left out in favour of real Le Mans Icons / Legends such as the Ford GT40 Mark 1 (1968 spec) which won Le Mans overall in both 1968 and 1969. This car could be raced in the game against the Ferrari 330 P4 and Ford Mark 4 without looking out of place - this makes far more sense to me. The year in which the Porsche 961 won the GTX class I believe it was the only GTX car entered in the race.

I would go for the Ferrari 250 LM - rule changes resulted in it being raced for a long period of time, plus it won Le Mans overall in 1965 - it gave Ferrari their last overall win - surely that makes it a legend. They were still being raced in the late 60's alongside the GT40 mark 1's and Lola T70's.
I would like to see a Jaguar D Type in the Le Mans list alongside the 250 Testarossa - together with the Aston Martin DBR1/300 already in the game it would make for some great racing especially on the classic tracks. To me the D Type is the biggest Le Mans legend of all so it doesn't make sense to leave it out of the pack.

The Porsche 961 is not a Le Mans Icon or Le Mans legend - any car of which only 1 is made before the project is cancelled and only competes in 3 races before being mothballed is not a legend. I very much hope this car is left out in favour of real Le Mans Icons / Legends such as the Ford GT40 Mark 1 (1968 spec) which won Le Mans overall in both 1968 and 1969. This car could be raced in the game against the Ferrari 330 P4 and Ford Mark 4 without looking out of place - this makes far more sense to me. The year in which the Porsche 961 won the GTX class I believe it was the only GTX car entered in the race.

I would go for the Ferrari 250 LM - rule changes resulted in it being raced for a long period of time, plus it won Le Mans overall in 1965 - it gave Ferrari their last overall win - surely that makes it a legend. They were still being raced in the late 60's alongside the GT40 mark 1's and Lola T70's.
I would like to see a Jaguar D Type in the Le Mans list alongside the 250 Testarossa - together with the Aston Martin DBR1/300 already in the game it would make for some great racing especially on the classic tracks. To me the D Type is the biggest Le Mans legend of all so it doesn't make sense to leave it out of the pack.
I think a small problem is that the dlc is only going to include 8 cars I believe which is not too much room to include all the legends. So I can see them adding maybe two 60s era le man's cars and maybe some more prominent GT cars and a couple of prototypes. Now if they did a le mans expansion with say 15 cars that would be much better and would give more opportunity for some more 50- 60s era cars.

I think a small problem is that the dlc is only going to include 8 cars I believe which is not too much room to include all the legends. So I can see them adding maybe two 60s era le man's cars and maybe some more prominent GT cars and a couple of prototypes. Now if they did a le mans expansion with say 15 cars that would be much better and would give more opportunity for some more 50- 60s era cars.
The Le Mans Pack includes 9 cars with a single track. Ferrari is 8 cars with 2 tracks.

agree with you

True. For example Touring Cars are totally absent from this Season Pass :(

I wonder if we will get more free cars in the future? Maybe Porsche 961? it doesn't fit anywhere. And this 488 Challenge was great surprise.

They may be adding a 250 Testarossa from the 1950's so a second car from that era to create a class of 3 cars makes sense. If they add the 250 GT I am not sure how that would fit into the game. I would welcome it, but they would presumably put it in GTC with the Aston. The 1960 Chevrolet Corvette C1 was also a Le Mans class winner and could race with the Ferrari 250 GT. The 250 GT could be the start of a very nice GT class - Corvette C1, Aston Martin Zagato DB4GT and Cobra 289 (Le Mans class winner 1963).

I heard the rumour that we are getting a Porsche 924 GTP (a 924 Turbo). I am not sure how the 924 GTP, 512BB LM and 961 would fit in with the existing cars / classes already in the game.

I presume SMS are restricted to just adding existing manufacturers cars in the DLC packs and new makes get saved for new games - there are some Alfa Romeo, Lola and Maserati cars which I would very much like to see which would fit nicely into the current car list structure.

I hope there is a second season of car packs and possibly a McLaren pack - I don't understand why so little of their heritage is celebrated in the game - there are some great Can Am, F5000 and F1 cars which could be added

They may be adding a 250 Testarossa from the 1950's so a second car from that era to create a class of 3 cars makes sense. If they add the 250 GT I am not sure how that would fit into the game. I would welcome it, but they would presumably put it in GTC with the Aston. The 1960 Chevrolet Corvette C1 was also a Le Mans class winner and could race with the Ferrari 250 GT. The 250 GT could be the start of a very nice GT class - Corvette C1, Aston Martin Zagato DB4GT and Cobra 289 (Le Mans class winner 1963).

I heard the rumour that we are getting a Porsche 924 GTP (a 924 Turbo). I am not sure how the 924 GTP, 512BB LM and 961 would fit in with the existing cars / classes already in the game.

I presume SMS are restricted to just adding existing manufacturers cars in the DLC packs and new makes get saved for new games - there are some Alfa Romeo, Lola and Maserati cars which I would very much like to see which would fit nicely into the current car list structure.

I hope there is a second season of car packs and possibly a McLaren pack - I don't understand why so little of their heritage is celebrated in the game - there are some great Can Am, F5000 and F1 cars which could be added
Fully agree man. But hey what doesn't get added in PC2, I would place bets on them coming in PC3 especially can am cars. And I would also welcome more 50-60s era GT cars. Side note, the Porsche 924 would possibly be added to GTO along with the 961. The 512bbLM would be group 5.

...Side note, the Porsche 924 would possibly be added to GTO along with the 961.
Hmm! I enjoyed the F40 and 90 quattro while bouncing around testing my controller settings, but I haven't driven GTO much yet. One or both of those in the mix would lure me into adding GTO to my go-to classes in custom races, like how the 2.8 RSR has me spending more time with VGTA. :)

Back