Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Ian, are AI (Offline) driver swaps still possible? Also - how does the game differentiate between what level the ai is set when driving your car (when they take over)?
There are AI driver swaps (pretty sure it's been mentioned). But I would also really like to know what AI level they are set at when they take over. My assumption would be they are set at whatever the opponents are.

don't take it too serious.
In another thread he wrote..

...:lol:. All clear ?

Are you refering to his age or attitude in said snippet?

The latter is a good start the former would be very condescending and doesn't help you nor him in any way.

I actually left home before I graduated and a large part why is the fact my stephdad always made sure I knew nothing smart could ever come out of my mouth because I was young and had no life experience. The subject and my knowledge on the subject didn't matter to him I just was to young.

In all honnesty I still feel great anger towards him and despise him for that. Even worse I still have a troublesome relation with my mother because of how she has let him treat me.

So dismissing someone for his age is harmfull imo.

Our last analysis showed that 40% of the car mods were stolen from other games, including ours. This was one of the key reasons for us not overtly supporting mods.

There are some awful rips but i think most of these are on some dodgy russian sites. I think car mods in AC are rarely any good ripped or not & i would hazard a guess that people wouldn't miss the lack of car mods. I think liveries & tracks though are a good thing to have, even though there are many amazing tracks in pcars 2 i think a high standard can be achieved in those mods & there are always those tracks not in the game im itching to try in pcars 2. I understand the legal implications though but hope maybe sms will get back to their modding roots one day.

There are some awful rips but i think most of these are on some dodgy russian sites. I think car mods in AC are rarely any good ripped or not & i would hazard a guess that people wouldn't miss the lack of car mods. I think liveries & tracks though are a good thing to have, even though there are many amazing tracks in pcars 2 i think a high standard can be achieved in those mods & there are always those tracks not in the game im itching to try in pcars 2. I understand the legal implications though but hope maybe sms will get back to their modding roots one day.

Would be great if they did get back to their roots, but at the same time, they need to have a controlled product due to eSports. There needs to be some way to ensure "mods" don't include "cheats". The easiest way to do that is to simply not support mods.

Steam says
Available: 21 September
This game will unlock in approximately 8 days :eek:

My suspicion is that is when the preload begins.

Either that, or they are referring to 23:59:59.999 (midnight) on the 21st.

Attention Everyone!!

Have you heard of the SNAIL Racing League? Would you like to be a part of creating a new series in the SNAIL League for Project Cars 2? If this sounds like something you're interested in then please send me a PM in the next week or so and when the game comes out we can get started on the logistics of it all.

This was the post I wanted to quote. :)

Yes, I'm biased. But I can't take the accolade of Head Developer. Many of the key guys have worked much harder than me on this.

It is the best racing game ever developed though :)
I thought you would go off at me... Well, who should I credit if not yourself?

Would be great if they did get back to their roots, but at the same time, they need to have a controlled product due to eSports. There needs to be some way to ensure "mods" don't include "cheats". The easiest way to do that is to simply not support mods.

Or just ensure that eSports only uses official content.

Interesting...
v7yHyaj.jpg

Last edited:
Was the season pass bonus pack thing ever resolved, ie. can you buy the season pass at a later date (when we know what's in it) and still get the bonus 'pre-order' car pack? There were mixed messages from SMS and BN on this, I believe. What is true?

Was the season pass bonus pack thing ever resolved, ie. can you buy the season pass at a later date (when we know what's in it) and still get the bonus 'pre-order' car pack? There were mixed messages from SMS and BN on this, I believe. What is true?

Are you talking about the Motorsport Pack? If so it's listed as being included in the Season Pass individual XBL page so it should be included.

No idea about the consoles, but Season Passes were to my knowledge always purchasable separately on Steam for games, even after all DLCs were released or if not, at that point you could buy a GOTY or whatever edition with all DLCs included. So I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that this will be the case for PC2 as well.

As for the pre-order DLC, it was confirmed just today that you will be able to buy it separately later at the very least, just like you could with PC1.

On the first day what are you thinking of doing with the game as soon as it is released? There are so many options, so many modalities, tracks, cars, rain, storm, snow, rally, online, career.
I want to schedule for when the game comes.

I decided to go back to PC1 and run a few of my favorite combinations again before the release of PC2, so that I can compare them better. I will be doing a few laps at Spa, Catalunya, Watkins Glen and Sakitto with GT3s and the Formula C, cars I spent the most time with.

After that, based on the RX videos I've seen lately, I will jump into the rally cross part of the game, as it looks insanely fun and I will really have to start from scratch, as I have next to no experience with cars and tracks like this.

I'm also looking forward to participating in the many community events that are sure to come, although I'm hoping the track limit detection will be more strict this time, resulting in much less controversy, which was the main reason behind me leaving them in PC1.

Last edited:
No idea about the consoles, but Season Passes were to my knowledge always purchasable separately on Steam for games, even after all DLCs were released or if not, at that point you could buy a GOTY or whatever edition with all DLCs included. So I'd say there's a 99.99% chance that this will be the case for PC2 as well.

As for the pre-order DLC, it was confirmed just today that you will be able to buy it separately later at the very least, just like you could with PC1.

Yeah, buying season passes after the event is perfectly normal and totally expected, my question was more about whether you'd get the 'pre-order' bonus car pack with it if bought after the game's release. The messages are mixed.

Edit: never mind, I see there's a separate thread. Hopefully things are clear in there.

Interesting...
v7yHyaj.jpg

It's looking like it will be a world wide, simultaneous release based on other comments I have seen from PS and Xbox owners. Since 12:00 Noon Sep 22nd in Australia equates to 10:00 PM EST Sep 21st, it would make sense that we get it on the 21st if that's truly what they are doing.

Yeah, buying season passes after the event is perfectly normal and totally expected, my question was more about whether you'd get the 'pre-order' bonus car pack with it if bought after the game's release. The messages are mixed.

The way I have understood it all along is the Japanese Car pack is a pre-order bonus, and will be available for separate purchase at a later date as well.

The Motorsports Pack is ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY available to those who buy Season Pass. It is NOT a pre-order bonus, but a Season Pass purchase bonus. Therefore, the Motorsports Pack should be available at any time in the future when you buy the Season Pass. But it will NOT be available for separate purchase (meaning without buying the Season Pass).

That's my take on it anyways.

EDIT: Apologies to mods for the double post. I can't seem to quote into an edit, and this message was posted while I was typing my previous one.

On the first day what are you thinking of doing with the game as soon as it is released? There are so many options, so many modalities, tracks, cars, rain, storm, snow, rally, online, career.
I want to schedule for when the game comes.
Here's the thread for you.

Edit: never mind, I see there's a separate thread. Hopefully things are clear in there.

It is at this point.

The Japanese car pack is a pre-order bonus + later a separate DLC, not included in the Season Pass according to Nathan Bell.

The Motorsports pack is Season Pass exclusive, not purchasable separately.

The rest of the DLCs will be included in the Season Pass and purchasable separately.

That is, if you pre-order the base game, you can still get everything later, provided you buy the Season Pass. If you don't you will be missing the Motorsports pack.

If you buy the base game after release, you will only be able to buy the Japanese pack at a later date than others who pre-ordered it and will need the Season Pass to have the Motorsports pack.

If you pre-order the Deluxe Edition, you will get everything as soon as they are released, since you will have the Season Pass (all DLCs + Motorsports pack) and the Japanese pack as well from day 1.

If you buy the Deluxe Edition later, with the exception of the Japanese pack you will have everything from the get go, with that DLC available for you to buy later, at a thus far undisclosed date.

Basically, no matter what you do, you will be able to get every content available in the game, regardless of the edition of the game you choose or when you buy it.

Last edited:
Back