Project CARS 2 DLC Thread

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,070 comments
Saw this in the comment box of PCars' latest FB post and thought it would be relevant:

Hn2YXk5.png

Original post here.

Woah woah woah, @IanBell could you double confirm this is the case for the UK (the Japanese Car Pack coming with the season pass)? I thought the Japanese pack would only come with the digital editions or Limited Edition, this would change my pre-order arrangements (and I might have to do that quickly as GAME say they could charge me as early as tomorrow).

Thanks for the spot @35mm!

Woah woah woah, @IanBell could you double confirm this is the case for the UK (the Japanese Car Pack coming with the season pass)? I thought the Japanese pack would only come with the digital editions or Limited Edition, this would change my pre-order arrangements (and I might have to do that quickly as GAME say they could charge me as early as tomorrow).

Thanks for the spot @35mm!

this would be pre-ordering make nonsense. I dont like it... i like to have a "special" if I pre-order, especially if I pre-order the 99€ version (what I have done)

I checked PSN and my local Gamestop today and if you preorder any edition you get the Japanese pack. The motor sports pack only comes with the Season pass. I'm in the U.S. though.

Thanks, that clears up what you get with each copy of the game, but I'm still confused as to whether purchasing the season pass will give you the Japanese pack (in addition to the motorsport pack + future DLC), as the FB post above suggested.

Correct. Purchasing the Season Pass will grant you access to the Japanese and Motorsport Car Packs from Day One + ALL future DLC.

Correct. Purchasing the Season Pass will grant you access to the Japanese and Motorsport Car Packs from Day One + ALL future DLC.

sad news that there is no pre-ordering bonus :( and a kick in the ass for the persons who pre-ordered for 99€ (digital)... now you can buy it on the normal way for around 50€ main + 30€ seasonpass ...

That's not the case unless you include Steam discounts (over which we have no control at all).

sure but you can pretend this with a pre-order bonus like in many other games and like the first news says ...

Why is the Japanese Car pack no longer the pre-order bonus like on this picture mentioned from your team ?

Attachments

• d15892793cbf5ab91ea0ba005d27124e7f4261ff.jpg
    d15892793cbf5ab91ea0ba005d27124e7f4261ff.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 90
sure but you can pretend this with a pre-order bonus like in many other games and like the first news says ...

Why is the Japanese Car pack no longer the pre-order bonus like on this picture mentioned from your team ?
I'm a bit confused now with you. I thought the Japanese pack was a preorder bonus too.

I find this a strange sentiment. For pCARS1 we released 11 patches and gave away a free car every month with fixes, improvements, new features in every patch, many of them community requests.

Now, we would have much preferred to have just started it quietly - as EVERY other franchise on earth does - but as we'd promised the pCARS1 WMD members access to development on pCARS2, we couldn't do that and we stuck to our promises. What we did is the opposite of greedy. We opened WMD2 knowing we'd get flak as there were still bugs on pCARS1. How else could we have done it? We took in 200k for WMD2 then closed it having fulfilled our promises. We didn't need the money, again the opposite of greedy. You don't put 150 people on monthly patches for years when you plan to have a new iteration every 2-3 years.

Do you think the Forza team are all taking a year off whilst not starting work on Forza 8? No, they'll at least be brainstorming, designing, prototyping and working out their few new key additions for the next iteration. They'll get going on playtesting and user testing. But they, and every other developer of a franchise have the luxury of being able to do it behind closed doors. We didn't.
Thanks for the reply.
I know you have to be a visible early bird in this new style of game development. But after all the launch product should be in top notch condition requiring only minor fixes.
I posted my feelings as a community gamer. Many of us ( I'm not talking about GTPlanet) were burned by PS4 Pcars bugs. 70+ euros was quite a chunk of money of half baked product. But of course, that purchase was a risk taken by me. I will be more careful this time.
Regards,
finbaek

Thanks for the reply.
I know you have to be a visible early bird in this new style of game development. But after all the launch product should be in top notch condition requiring only minor fixes.
I posted my feelings as a community gamer. Many of us ( I'm not talking about GTPlanet) were burned by PS4 Pcars bugs. 70+ euros was quite a chunk of money of half baked product. But of course, that purchase was a risk taken by me. I will be more careful this time.
Regards,
finbaek

It was an 83% rated 2.5 million selling 'half baked product' though.

Just to clarify guys, the Japanese Car Pack is not part of the Season Pass. It is a free Pre-order Bonus at launch. However, it will be made available for separate purchase later in the year.
That makes more sense, to be honest.

You should maybe correct the FB post I mentioned above as well, though.

EDIT: Just noticed that, in the meantime, you already did it.

Last edited:
Just to clarify guys, the Japanese Car Pack is not part of the Season Pass. It is a free Pre-order Bonus at launch. However, it will be made available for separate purchase later in the year.

Okay; sorry for all the questions but just to make absolutely sure I'm understanding the graphic now........

UZ2y5Lo.png

Buying the boxed standard edition (EU) will *not* give you the Japanese pack, even if it's pre-ordered, correct?

Okay; sorry for all the questions but just to make absolutely sure I'm understanding the graphic now........

UZ2y5Lo.png

Buying the boxed standard edition (EU) will *not* give you the Japanese pack, even if it's pre-ordered, correct?

Yes

View attachment 672640
This should clear up confusion.

please announce this picture on Facebook and on your page, i think many people expect at the moment to get the japan pack in standard version without pre-ordering.

So there's no chance of having the chevrolet and the Toyota for the American Stockcars? And no chance of either having another Supercar V8 (Nissan, Holden, Mercedes or Volvo)?

Ian, it is absolutely impossible?
Thanks

It was an 83% rated 2.5 million selling 'half baked product' though.
Well, sales aren't an argument for anything but success, and success doesn't tell anyone anything about quality.
And 83%? Well, of course it got high ratings, it had the foundations of absolutely everything a brilliant racing game needed. Doesn't change the fact it was riddled with bugs when it released, so bad that to this day, some bugs (even very relevant ones, like the contact model which is glue-y in online AND offline mode) remain.
So, yes, it did never achieve its full potential and it was borderline unplayable at release, with game freezes, physics screw-ups and graphic bugs all over the place. Sounds half-baked to me, no matter the sales.

I don't want to besmirch the hard work that surely went into pC1, but I don't think ANYONE can argue that it was finished when it released.

I" ve preordered deluxe edition of the game. Now after all this discussions i dont know no more what did i buy ???? Is there season pass included ??? If yes they told there comes in DLC 8cars + 1 track. Nobody told yet which one track will be included in 1st DLC ???

I" ve preordered deluxe edition of the game. Now after all this discussions i dont know no more what did i buy ???? Is there season pass included ??? If yes they told there comes in DLC 8cars + 1 track. Nobody told yet which one track will be included in 1st DLC ???

Season pass dlc will start later, not on release day.

There is no DLC on Day1 with the Season Pass. That will come later.

On Day 1 if you preordered the Deluxe Edition you will get:
  1. Base Game $69.99
  2. Japanese Car Pack - Preorder bonus (4 cars) $0.00
  3. Season Pass $29.99
  4. Motorsports Pack - Season Pass exclusive bonus (4 cars) $0.00
If you preordered the Standard Edition you get this on Day 1:
  1. Base Game $69.99
  2. Japanese Car Pack - Preorder bonus (4 cars) $0.00

The 8 car and 1 track DLCs will come at a future date. There will be 4 of them. Those are the DLCs that you are buying the Season Pass for.

If you do NOT preorder, then you will get the following as separate purchases:
  1. Base Game $69.99
  2. Japanese Car Pack - available date and price still TBD
  3. Season Pass - which will include Motorsports pack $29.99
  4. 4 DLCs of 8 cars and 1 track per DLC $0.00
If for some reason you decide NOT to buy the Season Pass, you get this as individual purchases:
  1. Base Game $69.99
  2. Japanese Car Pack - available date and price still TBD
  3. 4 DLCs of 8 cars and 1 track per DLC $9.99

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/preorder.html

There are no details yet on what the content of the 4 DLCs will be.

Back