Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
When you say right classes, do you mean like Trackday cars, Road Legal cars etc? In other words, you couldn't have a Diablo GTR and a Megane RS 275 R on the track at the same time? But could you have an Enzo and an F Type SVR?
Yes, you can have the Diablo GTR and Megane RS 275 R, on track at the same time. You can pick Track day cars & Karts, Indy cars & road cars, if you wish. Any combo you want except picking individual cars. You have to pick the classes they belong in. Check the Multi-Class thread.

I still need to pre-order the game, my understanding is that if you want everything in the UK you need to order through GAME for the limited edition then buy the season pass separately. I would've thought the Deluxe Edition was the best version but for some crazy reason it's digital only (so you're paying more for less :rolleyes:).

This was being discussed in the DLC thread, though every new post seems to just confuse me more :lol: People keep saying that simply pre-ordering the base game will get you the Japanese pack but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for a physical copy in the UK. There's a Day One edition which combined with the season pass would be great value, but that's for the US only........it's a shame all the deals/editions are so messy and fractured.

Depending on the season pass price, GAME's limited edition + season pass might be cheaper then the digital Deluxe Edition, and in any case the physical copy will have resale value. Plus, stickers. :P

No, I was referring to the version I have. I suspect more of the same. Hi to all there at Turn 10. Have a beer on me.

My friends at Turn 10? I think you are mistaking me for someone else.
I play all racing games, on both consoles and PC, I have no affiliation with any Game Developers.

Just in my experience PC1 runs a lot worse on XB than it does on PS4, it's like two completely different games...and that was foretold pre launch by the absolute lack of any XB gameplay footage, the launch of PC2 is feeling very much the same...hence the thread title

No, I was referring to the version I have. I suspect more of the same. Hi to all there at Turn 10. Have a beer on me.
Ah, come on. While I agree he's being a bit annoying, there really is next to no footage and it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask why that might be the case.
There WERE performance issues on the Xbox when PC1 released and to gloss over concerns in that way is a bit cheap. You don't need to answer those concerns, but when you do, please remember that most of us simply don't know anything about your performance achievements except for what they remember about the first game and are told by you, an admittedly biased source.
And the performance wasn't great last time around. So it's not like he's assuming things out of the blue when he thinks it isn't great again and hasn't seen anything that points to the contrary.

Ah, come on. While I agree he's being a bit annoying, there really is next to no footage and it's a perfectly legitimate question to ask why that might be the case.
There WERE performance issues on the Xbox when PC1 released and to gloss over concerns in that way is a bit cheap. You don't need to answer those concerns, but when you do, please remember that most of us simply don't know anything about your performance achievements except for what they remember about the first game and are told by you, an admittedly biased source.
And the performance wasn't great last time around. So it's not like he's assuming things out of the blue when he thinks it isn't great again and hasn't seen anything that points to the contrary.

We run at 60 FPS on the Xbox and have done for 2 years now. Nothing is being glossed over. It's more hyperbole.

Dang, man. I remember what PC1 was like, but I've just given the disc to my neighbor's 6yo(along with my V8 Supercars metal copy of Forza 6). I was one of those that didn't give an ass rats about Pcars, because it wasn't Gran Turismo. When I finally got the game, because gtplanet members, that I trust, kept saying to try it. I did and haven't looked back.

I did get it after the patches, but I didn't know "how bad":rolleyes: it was from launch. The personal computer videos & photos shared, Ian Bell, The American, The Owl, Cluck, PzR Slim & many other WMD members, the updated Project Cars 2 website, all the prep that went into telling us about the cars in the game, the in-depth interviews about LiveTrack 3.0. the assurances that pad play is vastly improved, having the gtplanet founder attend a private playing of the game for a review and actually spending time STILL answering questions and giving info at the 11th hour. Damn, what else do these gentlemen have to do?

Edit: I have to laugh :lol: It's like a child asking, "Are we there yet?"

We run at 60 FPS on the Xbox and have done for 2 years now. Nothing is being glossed over. It's more hyperbole.
Depends on what you deem relevant. The end product after all the patches or the release product? PC1 was a good game after all the patches were released, I don't doubt that. I even had a league for that game until a few weeks ago when we finished our last season.
However, the release was rough. Now, we have a new game, and while I agree that you're being treated unfairly by several parties for strange reasons, I don't think that the fear of a graphically and technically highly advanced game running bad on console - when its predecessor also did so at first - is "hyperbole".

So. We've seen Interlagos discussed, Mosport in game and now Sandown. Think I've seen a triangle in game so that's Pocono.

All 4 planned DLC circuits confirmed. :sly:
Where have you seen "Mosport in game"? Unless you mean the little track.map.icon that was also there in the first game?

DON'T TEASE ME JAKE!!

Its a question that has been answered multiple times, in multiple threads.

An embargo is in place until the 18th, and SMS and BN have a marketing plan that is not going to shift just to satisfy the demands of a few.

I personally would love to see some PS4 Pro footage (as that's my choice), but I'm also aware that complaining about that across a range of threads (as some members have) is not going to change that marketing plan. As such repeatedly asking it is not constructive, and should those members doing so continue its going to be treated as flooding.

Its actually quite simple, we all have two options. Either wait until we see footage that we want (which may or may not be before launch - but is likely to be from the 18th) before buying, or buy in the anticipation that it will meet expectations.

This was being discussed in the DLC thread, though every new post seems to just confuse me more :lol: People keep saying that simply pre-ordering the base game will get you the Japanese pack but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for a physical copy in the UK. There's a Day One edition which combined with the season pass would be great value, but that's for the US only........it's a shame all the deals/editions are so messy and fractured.

Depending on the season pass price, GAME's limited edition + season pass might be cheaper then the digital Deluxe Edition, and in any case the physical copy will have resale value. Plus, stickers. :P
I worked it out as being £1 cheaper for the GAME limited edition copy + separate season pass (I'm not sure how I worked that out without a season pass price being put out), there is no "new box smell" with a digital download so I'll go through GAME. See you on the track :)

The lack of Xbox One gameplay footage has me full of the same feeling of dread as it did (and rightly so) ahead of PC1 coming out.......Anyone else picking up on this too?
With all of this "dread" and worry and fear over the release of a video game, I'm half surprised some of you can even manage to get out of bed.

Last edited:
There's a cooldown lap by the way after the race. :)

Regarding assists, I can see your point and we obviously disagree. I think I may have misread the tone of your post then and apologise if I came off a bit harsh. Anyway, I enjoy driving without assists as well and the IndyCar on Project CARS 1 was one of my favourite cars to drive despite it being a challenge. However, driving a GT3 without assists just didn't feel right to me because that's not what they do IRL so you don't see the lockups and massive loss of traction at times in the real cars. However, despite it being a relatively powerless car to drive, I'm sure I will enjoy the FWD touring cars like the Mercedes AMG TCR as I did the Clio Cup because of what you can do with it.

They won't take the option away to change assists from Real. That makes no sense and I like the options that games provide us with.

Yeah, some of my comments were just sort of "in general" stuff, not being particularly directed towards this game. There has been a trend lately of forcing gamers to do things a certain way and a belief that options confuse people or something. A lot of non-racing games don't even have any difficulty options anymore so if it's too easy or too hard you are just stuck with it. A lot of games also like to self adjust in reaction to what the player does -- which is an interesting feature that would be cool as an option but usually just means it's always the same not-quite-right level.

I do feel strongly about warmup and cooldown laps though. Any time I play a game that attempts to recreate proper circuit racing it just sucks a lot of the life and excitement out when you start right on the grid 5 seconds before the start and then a ghost takes over as soon as you cross the finish line. But I can understand why those extra laps would be really boring to a lot of people.

In other news.
Screenshot_20170916-013011.png

Back