Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Does anyone know if they have laser scanned all the tracks this time around? I know Ian Bell said he was going to look into it for P CARS 2.

VBR
Does anyone know if they have laser scanned all the tracks this time around? I know Ian Bell said he was going to look into it for P CARS 2.

Nobody knows but I imagine this is very costly compared to gathering pictures. I think it's a fair guess to see more laser scanned tracks compared to the first game, but every track scanned is pushing it.

Quick question as can't remember and can't find anything to say either way. Did PC1 have the Le Mans or WEC license?

EDIT: Don't worry. It was Le Mans.

While it was cool to use the V8 Supercar on the reimagined "Suzuka" course, using them(:D) at Fuji will be epic!

Any word if the current FG X will be in the game? Also, the Commodore will be all new next year. Red Bull HRT are developing the car this year, for the 2018 season. Any chance SMS getting a head start and working with RBHRT?

While it was cool to use the V8 Supercar on the reimagined "Suzuka" course, using them(:D) at Fuji will be epic!

Any word if the current FG X will be in the game? Also, the Commodore will be all new next year. Red Bull HRT are developing the car this year, for the 2018 season. Any chance SMS getting a head start and working with RBHRT?

They did have someone in negotiations with V8SC to get licences for either 2015 or 2016 cars, SMS confirmed the negotiations but haven't said anything about them since,

Nobody knows but I imagine this is very costly compared to gathering pictures. I think it's a fair guess to see more laser scanned tracks compared to the first game, but every track scanned is pushing it.

Strange, Ian Bell said it would cost about the same on the official P CARS forum, & that he'd look into it for P CARS 2. I guess anyone who actually knows something is under an NDA & can't confirm or deny at this stage. We'll just have to wait to find out the facts of the matter, I'm not interested in speculation or opinions.

VBR
Strange, Ian Bell said it would cost about the same on the official P CARS forum, & that he'd look into it for P CARS 2. I guess anyone who actually knows something is under an NDA & can't confirm or deny at this stage. We'll just have to wait to find out the facts of the matter, I'm not interested in speculation or opinions.

If the costs were about the same, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't do it then. Seeing as we've already got many circuits, some may be done and maybe new ones.

I get the impression that more tracks now have point cloud data available to licensees, so the requirement to actually go to the track with your own scanner is changing over time. You still need photos for the modeling, though, but if the point cloud data is relatively cheap on top of the track license then this makes sense.

The tracks which are laser scanned would then depend on which of them offer the extra point cloud data. I'm pretty sure Motorsport Vision tracks from pCARS 1 were using the provided point cloud, and so pCARS 2 is likely to go further in that manner.

We need a car list thread for Project Cars 2. Put this car in first place :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-02-07-23-55-10.png
    Screenshot_2017-02-07-23-55-10.png
    79.2 KB · Views: 52
Oh god. I hope its not just useless bla bla they are recording this time around.

Nah, this time he'll just help you find your braking point. "Not yet, not yet... almost.... brake! brake!!! BRAKE!!! BRAKE GOD DAMN IT!!!". :lol:

Gotta love the teasers and reading the responses. :)

Back