Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by jake2013guy, Feb 19, 2016.

1. jake2013guy

jake2013guy

Look in the first post.

It probably is but that's the only guess i've seen. Never said it was correctly identified. :p

galaxyjack likes this.
  2. IanBell

IanBell Premium

Every new track we've added is laser scanned (or our new trick drone scanning method). We're also scanning some of the old tracks that weren't previously scanned. I don't have the list to hand but the Nordschleife is now fully scanned (as is the Nurburgring GP circuit).

Hi all BTW :) We appreciate your coverage.

3. nhraracer

nhraracer

Waiting patiently. :cheers:

4. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

:odd: Not sure if that is the official wookie.

5. c172fccc

c172fccc

Yep, it is. I can confirm what he said.

6. LGee19

LGee19

I hope Bathurst is laser scanned. One of my all time favourite circuits :bowdown::)

gabrielradu likes this.
  7. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Is the 'trick method' aerial photogrammetry?

8. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

Wow I didn't know Ian bell had a account on Gtplanet.

Anyway I'm excited for tomorrow. I'm looking forward to seeing the new tracks and cars.

9. IanBell

IanBell Premium

Yes a drone based 'photo scanning' aerial photogrammetry system.

10. IanBell

IanBell Premium

PS guys, how do I edit my avatar?

11. T0MMY3688

T0MMY3688

Essentially it's a camera/laser scanner attached on a drone flown around a track for track reference collection. It's cheaper and faster for similarly high quality results as conventional laser scan.

VBR, cutmeamango and IanBell like this.
  12. c172fccc

c172fccc

Go in "Your Profile Page" and click on your Avatar. It should open the Avatar Editor.

13. IanBell

IanBell Premium

Thanks. I missed the pesky mouseover roll out list.

Sorry for derailing the thread mods.

Chunk88, Elitekilla29 and c172fccc like this.
  14. Animera

Animera

All is forgiven if you share some juicy news with us, like 'Yes, you will be able to do driver swaps in online endurance races'. :)

Friday_GTRP, silverman_GT and LGee19 like this.
  15. LGee19

LGee19

Yes! Come on Ian you know you want to.

16. IanBell

IanBell Premium

You're right. I really want to :)

17. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Why would you edit it? Isn't that your real face?:sly: Irony. Builds world class simulator but can't figure out how to change his avatar:lol:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  18. cutmeamango

cutmeamango (Banned)

Yup I'm aware of the method, I've made a post some years? ago about its validity for precise survey.

You'll see that in some corners of the internet, a certain "cult of laser-scan" has sprung, but considering much of that data collected is decimated, aerial photogrammetry (by drones no less) offers a very close, and I assume in a game environment, imperceptible difference in representation to the usual laser scan stations info.

And as you said cheaper and faster equipment and operation.

It's great to see it being used because...

Nice. :)
    Has your crew flown drones around a certain brazilian track?

Wolfe likes this.
  19. IanBell

IanBell Premium

That's me post edit :)

breyzipp and Johnnypenso like this.
  20. IanBell

IanBell Premium

You're correct. The difference really is imperceptible because we always abstract the point cloud anyway. The little vaunted additional benefits that drones provide are variable height scanning (which gets us much more detail on the off track terrain) and the ability to place the drone at known camera points to capture more detail there.

VBR, mister dog, sems4arsenal and 7 others like this.
  21. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

The mods really frown on double posting and I'd hate to see you get punted from here (however ironic it would be:lol:). Try using the quote button to multi-quote into a single post or use the edit function if you want to add something to an existing post.

DaveTheStalker likes this.
  22. IanBell

IanBell Premium

Where did I double post?

23. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

24. c172fccc

c172fccc

In case you're only aware of the first definition:
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Double Post

Johnny is talking about the third one.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  25. IanBell

IanBell Premium

I'm afraid you're incorrect Johnny. I was responding to you suggesting the 'Wookie' was my real face (in one post) as I'd already updated my avatar to that, and I responded to the gentleman below you (in another post). Now I see you're premium whatever that means but you laughed at me for asking nicely how to update my avatar and now you're threatening me with removal for something I haven't done. By 'post edit' I meant 'after editing my avatar'. I didn't edit the post.

I also see you're lauding AC in your sig. I'm only here to provide insight and information and if that isn't welcomed I'll happily back off.

26. c172fccc

c172fccc

He's correct. We are not allowed to double post (like the definition #2 and #3 I posted above) and we can get banned for that. Johnny was only making you aware of that. :)

Johnnypenso likes this.
  27. blowfishrulez

blowfishrulez

I'm sure Jonny is as happy as anybody else here on GTP to have you around Ian.

28. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Take it easy killer:lol: Double post just means back to back posts, even to different people. Premium just means I paid to support the site, I'm not a mod, just giving you some friendly advice about the forum and how it works, the same friendly advice I received when I double posted for the first time. I've lauded many games in my sig btw, including yours;). Credit where credit is due and all that...

29. IanBell

IanBell Premium

OK I'm afraid to respond now :)

Look guys, if by me quoting a user who has just recently asked a different question on a different topic, causes two posts by me to be consecutive, and that justifies me being banned.. well. What can I say :)

I'm very eager to follow the forum rules. I also have 17 pages of work in front of me. Nesting each question into a single elongated reply would take me too long. Sorry.

30. Elitekilla29

Elitekilla29

So Ian while you're here can you confirm if this is true or not, did Co-op career mode miss the cut and won't be in pcars 2?