Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
This is a great question mainly because I have a great answer :)

We've massively reworked our pad input filters to try to pre-empt what the user wants to happen, in coordination with what actually happens in game. It's been rewritten from scratch and we've been influenced a lot by what our competitors do here.

What we want to happen is that we don't need to build in subtle understeer for controllability to allow the average person to enjoy the experience on a game pad. I personally have put away my wheel for pCARS2. I'm using a pad exclusively and I'm insisting that we retain the dynamics of the car but allow the player to control such things as sharp front end turn in and on the apex and on-throttle balance with full throttle oversteer and opposite lock controllability (if that makes sense)... That was our aim 2 year ago and I think we've achieved it. I think it's a very affirming experience for pad users now.
That sounds quite promising, thanks for the response.

On a related note, will there be speed-sensitive steering on controllers and is there an option to adjust/disable it? Of the other games I've played it is most obvious in Forza Motorsport 6 that steering inputs are dampened when you increase your driving speed.

Hi Ian, great to see you here at GTP. Of course i have a question, too. Can we expect some PS4 Pro love for pCARS 2?

Cant wait to see your game in 4K :)

Hi Ian,
Your support to us by answer our questions are great.
Do you guys think in put a Portuguese track (Portimão ,Estoril)in the game?
In PC1 when the cars touch they felt sticked together and sometimes ruins the race. Some improvements in that point?

On a related note, will there be speed-sensitive steering on controllers and is there an option to adjust/disable it? Of the other games I've played it is most obvious in Forza Motorsport 6 that steering inputs are dampened when you increase your driving speed.
Yes :)

Great to have @IanBell over here :cheers:

I have a question regarding the release date, do you feel you're taking a risk releasing close to GTSport and FM7?, we all I'm sure want the game to do as best at it can, and PCARS is by no means inferior but both games have a huge marketing budget behind them.

Hi Ian.

Vr support on PS4?
Climate conditions depending of the category of the car (you can´t have fog on open wheels cars, can you?)?
Pitstops according with the reality (25 seconds on a FA pitstop is a lot)?
FFB close to AC game?

Great to have @IanBell over here :cheers:

I have a question regarding the release date, do you feel you're taking a risk releasing close to GTSport and FM7?, we all I'm sure want the game to do as best at it can, and PCARS is by no means inferior but both games have a huge marketing budget behind them.

While we respect the competition. I think they should be concerned about the risk of releasing close to pCARS2. We have a massive marketing budget also. But word of mouth based on early play is much more important and we are very confident there.

hello Ian
Thanks for all the answers, and for the great work you are doing.

some questions:
1: you can change car setup during the race?

2: the problems have been resolved to the replay?

3: the maximum number of pilots per room will always be 16?

4: Contacts between the cars have been improved?

Thanks in advance...

sorry for the double post

While we respect the competition. I think they should be concerned about the risk of releasing close to pCARS2. We have a massive marketing budget also. But word of mouth based on early play is much more important and we are very confident there.

Loving that response, what a great year for racers this is shaping up to be.

Project CARS 1 already has that only you need to go through the hassle of tweaking it yourself with the dozens of FFB settings. The one in PC2 will no doubt be better though. :)

Yes :) You heard it here first again. That's enough firsts for now though...
Hi Ian! Maybe you didn't see my post in the anterior page..

Here i go again.

Can you explain the multiplayer driver behaviour how good drivers are praised and bad ones "punished"?
Is it a system like iracing?

On Pcars 1 the forced car settings wasn't working correctly... (the one that don't let modify the car settings) with cars on track with different fuel levels and type of tyre.
And made problems in piting.. Will that all be fixed for Pcars 2?

Will there be animated pit crew?

Thanks in advance! Waiting with lot of hype Pcars 2

Yes, to some hilarious results occasionally.
Fantastic. I'm pleased to hear that. (not just about that, but about pretty much everything in here - this is just something that has caught my eye the most :lol:)

To add some more questions to the mix:
  • In what way does weather/season of year affect the racing? Will snow on tarmac tracks only be a visual effect or does it also bring consequences that affect driving?
  • Somewhere, it has been said that all the "classes" from pCARS will be transferred to pCARS2, but no more will be added (meaning that e.g. the M3 GT will stay in the GT3 class, despite not being a GT3 car). Is this true, or will there be more divisions to accommodate the increased amount of cars and to balance the field?
  • I know you won't share details for now, but since this is not too specific in my opinion: Does having more cars mean having more one-make-championships, or will some cars receive a rival, or maybe even multiple ones?
  • Since September is the anticipated release month, don't you think the time window between "the proper" reveal (sometime today, I presume ;)) and release is a tad short, given how long the initial pCARS was shown to the public via screenshots and videos up until its release?

Project CARS 1 already has that only you need to go through the hassle of tweaking it yourself with the dozens of FFB settings. The one in PC2 will no doubt be better though. :)

Ian... is it possible for you to say a little something about this in terms of what has been done in regards to FFB tweaking?

Hi Ian
Thank you for all the great information and a fantastic first game which is still getting much love .
My question is have the flags and safety periods had any extra attention and can the ai now spin out or make more mistakes than before as they seem unable to actually spin in pcars 1 .
Many Thanks

Wow. I go to uni, (Labs so couldn't be on laptop) Costa and Taco Bell and come home to 3 more pages. Great to read though.

I see what you mean by RL can be boring though. From what I counted including all (I know it won't be all but I added those anyway.) there are 47 locations (Nurb + Nords are separated) in game. Apparently there's 50. Would love to see a local surprise as haven't seen Thruxton in a game (No mods) before.

Back to my point, I do hope it's exciting and the tracks are used well with the series.

EDIT: By the way, as we know about Wildcrest, where is it based? I assume somewhere in the UK?

Staying on the RX theme, do the circuits you have in game with a RX layout have it added? E.g. Catalunya/Hockenheim

Last edited:
I was born 2 miles from Dundrod in North West Belfast. So it holds a special place in my heart. About 17 years ago I actually created a virtual Dundrod in Max for my own jollies which I later passed to the nascent SimBin team I started in 2002. I'm not sure what happened to it but these days it would need some laser scanning :) I'll probably do it for nostalgia at some point.

Oh WOW! :boggled: That's awesome that you've lived so close to the track! Yes by all means please PLEASE see about putting it in there! I personally don't care if it's laser-scanned or not but if necessary please do it. I would be sooooo absolutely thrilled to have this track in PC2, ESPECIALLY given the possibility of driving in VR in the Rift! OMG....that's the stuff dreams are made of!! :bowdown::cheers:👍

Back