Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
@IanBell Will there be some kind of demo or public Beta?
I was a part of the WMD project for pCARS one and the changes made to the gamepad support made me regret buying the full game (I was just a Junior member). I hoped for a patch, but it never came.

Would you say it feels more like your "old dampening" mode now? Because ironically enough, that was almost perfect after some tweaking.

Decided to edit the tracks in the first post. Not in confirmed spoiler total but at the bottom, it shows current confirmed + PC1 tracks as 46.

EDIT:

Found this video. Released today.

HUD looks really nice. Much better than PC1. Apparently more coming.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong

Kunos Simulazioni is a lot smaller than Slightly Mad Studios, arent they?

How can they have dedicated servers and Project Cars dont?

Dedicated servers today has to be the barely minimum available on racing games.

I enjoyed PC1 a lot but there were some bugs and problems that really made me stop playing like the "glue effect" on collisions between cars, the handling with controllers and, of course, online play with the p2p connections. There were some races where i was like half car in front of my friend on the finish line, but on the scoreboard he would finish in front of me. We both had decent pings with each other, <100ms.

I saw that PC2 have reworked their p2p system, but it will never be as good as dedicated servers.

Still looking forward to it, as a massive racing games fan. This year is looking good for us.

Really hope you have some south american tracks, especially Interlagos.

Hi Ian. I know the chances are low, but can you please consider putting The Isle of Man and Dundrod into the game? They are two of the greatest tracks in the world. Do yourself a favor and drive some of the Formula 1 cars around those two tracks in 60's sim GPL to see what I mean.

The IOM TT course is licenced to the same people who make the WRC games and an official bike game for the TT will be released this year. RIDE2 has the UGP track along with NW200 on it

Hey Ian, great to see you utilize a social-platform such as GTP to let us get closer to the input of an upcoming-title.

My question regards the Contact Physics. On Console at least, i can't speak for PC, there was a tendency for contact to result in cars 'Magneting' together and both cars losing steering and plowing ahead, a real killer for League Racing. Any improvements on the way in PC2 to amend this?

Hey Ian, great to see you utilize a social-platform such as GTP to let us get closer to the input of an upcoming-title.

My question regards the Contact Physics. On Console at least, i can't speak for PC, there was a tendency for contact to result in cars 'Magneting' together and both cars losing steering and plowing ahead, a real killer for League Racing. Any improvements on the way in PC2 to amend this?
Thank you, happy to be here. This is a great forum.

Yes we did. The main issue we saw with pCARS1 was that the AI were excessively eager to drive into you under braking and in corners. We've had coders full time on this for the last 2 years working on the 'AI personalities' to make them more human. We've also worked hard on the 'sticking issue' where when you contact an AI driver you seem to lose input and you merrily understeer off together. This should be fixed.

With AI you will never create a perfect scenario in all conditions. They are not human after all. But what we have created is what we feel is a set of AI personalities that approach humanity without the downsides that we coded before.

I was born 2 miles from Dundrod in North West Belfast. So it holds a special place in my heart. About 17 years ago I actually created a virtual Dundrod in Max for my own jollies which I later passed to the nascent SimBin team I started in 2002. I'm not sure what happened to it but these days it would need some laser scanning :) I'll probably do it for nostalgia at some point.

Great to here you lived so close to Dundrod I spent a great deal of my childhood there at the races. As much as it would be great to see the current track on a game how about the old clady circuit? Imagine LMP1 cars fully lit down the 7 mile straight lol

I am very impressed that @IanBell spent so many hours answering questions here on GTPlanet. I know there are some GTPlanet Staff & contributing writers following this thread. Hopefully you're already writing up a news article to announce the various "You heard it here first" answers Mr. Bell gave to users questions. We need more of this type of interaction in the sim racing community. Of course, it would be ridiculous to think people in his position can regularly visit a place like GTPlanet - they have major business to take care of - an occasional visit to answer questions shows a lot of class, in my opinion.

I didn't purchase pCars 1. I was a PC sim racing n00b up until fairly recently and I just picked 1 sim to get me acquainted with this genre...but, I will definitely be purchasing pCars 2 at some point. I believe it's good to support all of these studios who are producing incredible racing sims. Hearing about all of the new things and the improvements of older things makes me very confident that pCars 2 will be a great PC racing sim. 👍

When I saw the new NSX GT3 in the trailer:

giphy.gif

Can't wait! :bowdown:

Can't watch that video yet since I'm at work, will check it out as soon as I get home. :)

Also a huge thanks to Ian for the Q&A session here. Stuff like this makes me happy, getting inside info from the devs and seeing that they are really proud about the status the game is in right now.

This is in such HUGE contrast with the guys at Turn 10 who are always dead silent and you never know anything about what's going on.

Big thumbs up and communication is THE way to go towards your customers! :)

Wow! Just saw the Nordschleife in autumn, Daytona and Long Beach, Acura NSX GT3, Aston Martin Vulcan, Fuji, a road course propably set in the Alps... awesome. Just Ferrari and Porsche missing in this trailer.

I always get this mixed up! :lol:

Yeah, there is a story behind. In Japan I think it was Namco Bandai and in the west it was Bandai Namco, or vice versa. Than about 5 years ago they made it so it was the same around the globe for everyone... Bandai Namco.

ps. Nakamura-sama died recently. The chief wookie of Bandai Namco... the founder of Namco... Nakamura Arcade Machine Corporation.

Now that we have @IanBell here answering questions, I would suggest that a mod or contributing writer or someone that has the time to monitor this on a regular basis, take the bull by the horns and create a summary thread here in the PCars Forum that summarizes the questions already answered over the last few pages in the OP and moves all of the Q&A over to the new thread. I can see questions already getting repeated and pretty soon we'll be inundated with repetitive questions and the answers will soon be buried in this thread. There is a lot of incredibly valuable information here thanks do Ian coming and talking directly with the fans. An OP with a summary of questions answered might help with that.
@Jordan @SlipZtrEm

That's highly WIP if I may add.
Yes IIRC the first game's HUD wasn't finalised until close to release, I expect this one to be no different. A larger gear number than speed indicator would be my preference as a start.

Now that we have @IanBell here answering questions, I would suggest that a mod or contributing writer or someone that has the time to monitor this on a regular basis, take the bull by the horns and create a summary thread here in the PCars Forum that summarizes the questions already answered over the last few pages in the OP and moves all of the Q&A over to the new thread. I can see questions already getting repeated and pretty soon we'll be inundated with repetitive questions and the answers will soon be buried in this thread. There is a lot of incredibly valuable information here thanks do Ian coming and talking directly with the fans. An OP with a summary of questions answered might help with that.
@Jordan @SlipZtrEm
The news page - keep an eye on it.

Back