Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Just a reminder, if you want to be cheap. You can pre-order the base game to get that specific pre-order bonus content. Then wait a week for your next paycheck and get the season pass which includes the motorsports pack as a bonus for buying the season pass. I originally pre-ordered the deluxe edition but this week is tough because of my brother's birthday and him coming to visit for a concert. I'm thinking of changing to a regular game pre-order and worrying about the season pass next week. I won't have those motorsports pack cars right away but there's so much other stuff to play with I think I'll be alright.

We should be able to pre-load and download the game on PS4 a day or two before ready to go at midnight on 21st (if you set your settings to Auto etc)
smiley-music039.gif

@imported_rik19

Rik, why don't you pre-order with Game UK but just do it online by email/card or paypal etc 👍

http://www.game.co.uk/en/project-cars-2-limited-edition-only-at-game-1790941

p.s There are not many people round here without a mobile phone. You must be very disciplined or very hard to get hold of ;)👍 (I have 2 sims/phones! A Work one I need too).

Last edited:
I cannot wait for PC 2 to come out so I can start using the new license system. I've been playing PC1 the past week, in every single race in a public lobby I've been rammed by people who don't like being over taken. This morning I was in a race, 5 secs ahead and the host booted me from the lobby.

PS4 Gameplay Streaming video (it's at 720p 60fps resolution,so i think it's PS4 Pro cause PS4 standard only goes up to 720p 30fps)

Don't know if he got already the "day one" patch or not... Gameplay seems smooth, but see some popping in trees and mirrors

@Donnced PS4 Pro can stream in 1080p@60fps to YT. Normal PS4 on the other hand 720p@60. 👍
Well,i thought that the max on PS4 Standard was 720p@30.
So if it goes up to 720p@60 than it can be standard PS4 gameplay.

I've asked in the comments of the video but didn't get answer yet

Because on pro i know you can stream up to 1080p, but you can also choose an lower resolution to stream

PS4 Gameplay Streaming video (it's at 720p 60fps resolution,so i think it's PS4 Pro cause PS4 standard only goes up to 720p 30fps)

Don't know if he got already the "day one" patch or not... Gameplay seems smooth, but see some popping in trees and mirrors

What makes you say that is a PS4 video?

The video you posted above is now available in 1080p@60 fps (processing of the video is finished), so it's probably from PS4 Pro.
At 1080 no doubt that it's PS4 Pro then...well we still have to wait to see the game performance on the standard PS4.. Hopefuly there's no much difference and no difference at all in performance :)

Standard PS4 runs at 1080p.

Edit, ignore me I see you're referring specifically to youtube.
Yes I'm referring to youtube stream Ian.

Normal PS4 only streams up to 720p@30.

PS4 Pro goes up to 720p@60 and 1080p@30.

BTW, performance and graphics are on standard PS4 like that video?

Seems that you and your team did a good job in optimisation for what I've seen so far

i7 7700HQ
nvidia geforce gtx1050
8 gig ram

With these stats, can I comfortably play pcars 2 maybe 900p at 60 fps? Dont need anything special just want a bit more than minimum

This is the ONLY thing stopping me from preordering. Its the 2016 model of the HP omen laptop

i7 7700HQ
nvidia geforce gtx1050
8 gig ram

With these stats, can I comfortably play pcars 2 maybe 900p at 60 fps? Dont need anything special just want a bit more than minimum

This is the ONLY thing stopping me from preordering. Its the 2016 model of the HP omen laptop
Probably will be able to get 60 fps at low/medium, except for rainy weather

Also another nice looking race. Replay starts at 10:20 mark and it's amazing... just occasionally shadows disappearing, and grills on cars looking unusual at some points - D1P might handle this.
Also AI is wonderful. There is one thing when AI car starts to jitter left-right faster then it seems physically possible without upsetting car balance wildly - and yet pulls of amazing overtake (like at 10:50)? Otherwise not to many other things to make us go "hmmmmm"... (well, maybe tire smoke could use a small bit of patching).

Edit: his other videos say ps4PRO, so this one should be also.

Last edited:
Probably will be able to get 60 fps at low/medium, except for rainy weather
Thats good to know. I tried that free forza apex thing microsoft did for pc, and even on the lowest settings i can only get 23 fps. Didnt know if it just has poor optimization or my computer cant handle a more graphically intense racer. As a benchmark i run assetto, raceroom, rf2, automobilista all at pretty much max.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm an adult, a parent, and that I'm not supposed to get so excited over a video game. This is honestly the only game I've watched a countdown for. :rolleyes:
I know SNAIL said they're using GTSport as their main Sunday league (still have no idea why) but we will get some official SNAIL PCars2 stuff started soon enough. So many more cars and tracks to choose from, it seems like a no-brainer, but I've learned to stop questioning the management.

I have to keep reminding myself that I'm an adult, a parent, and that I'm not supposed to get so excited over a video game. This is honestly the only game I've watched a countdown for. :rolleyes:
Me too! I've had a countdown timer on my phone since over 66 days out, now just over 3 days to go!

What's the problem with that? I don't see a problem at all, it seems like it will be a fantastic game. What Project Cars 1 should've been.

Maybe a bit of a off-topic participation here, but here it goes:

I see in many cockpit videos that the dashboard gets blurred out at high speeds and gets into focus at low speeds!

My 2 questions are:
1- Is that an in-game option that can be disabled?! (hope so).
2- Why on earth would that happen in real life?! Both the driver and the car are travelling at same speed so it's like the driver is stationary relatively to the car (relativity principle), so why would the dashboard get blurry?! I mean from what I see in F1, drivers actually communicate the most with the steering wheel in long straights where the car is the fastest!
Any insight on that?!

Thanks.

I see in many cockpit videos that the dashboard gets blurred out at high speeds and gets into focus at low speeds!

My 2 questions are:
2- Why on earth would that happen in real life?! Both the driver and the car are travelling at same speed so it's like the driver is stationary relatively to the car (relativity principle), so why would the dashboard get blurry?! I mean from what I see in F1, drivers actually communicate the most with the steering wheel in long straights where the car is the fastest!
Any insight on that?!

Thanks.

Yeah it's an option. It's meant to replicate the eyes focusing on the road, blurrying everything else.
Of course, the game doesn't know where you're looking at so ...

My 2 questions are:
Any insight on that?!

Thanks.

1 - It's specific to helmet cam, which can be disabled. I think the DOF effect can be disabled separately too, but I'm not certain.

2 - It's a depth of field effect - if you are focused on the road, then your instruments and everything else in the car will be out of focus. It's not an effect I like, but it's down to individual preference (personally I'm not a fan of the helmet cam view in general, I know there are others that love it).

Yeah it's an option. It's meant to replicate the eyes focusing on the road, blurrying everything else.
Of course, the game doesn't know where you're looking at so ...

It also focuses on each apex, gently blurring areas away from the apex (which you should be focusing on! :) ) as you get closer. That was the one area where we could be fairly sure the player should be looking generally.

Back