Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I was in 1st position at the start of the online race at the Red Bull Ring (9 laps, 9 opponents), a couple laps in i saw what i thought was rain coming down.. wrong, it was only fog, i only realized it was just fog after i pitted for wet tyres. I thought i had made a bad mistake. I went from 1st to 7th and now on wet tyres in the dry.. i thought it was all over for me, i had just killed my chance at winning 2 online races in a row. For 2 or 3 laps it was still dry, then a miracle, ice starts to come down, i was so happy to see it on the windshield on my 488 GT3, my mistake was no longer a mistake. Everyone but a few pit for wets, i was infront of all but 1.

More fog and ice came down, and it became nighttime in Austria at Red Bull Ring, the visibility was horrible. Being a short track, there were a few back markers, which i somehow got past with not much problem, though scary at times, as i was chasing down the AMG GT3 in first place, i was close but i didn't wanna do anything risky, to avoid regretting anything, then for unknown reasons to me he decides to pit on the second to last lap, i take 1st place back.

"Final lap, take the win, you deserve it buddy" my engineer says as i cruise to victory as the start of the final lap, it almost brought a tear to my eye. I love this game. :)

LOL. That's priceless.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I had just bought the game, and I noticed two things before and after the 13g update :

1: Lap times have become slower overall. As for example I was doing 1:54 in a GT3 car at Nurburgring GP before the update and now hardly in the 1:57s.

2: The cars tend to understeer when the tyres temperature go up to green!

I would like to hear more thoughts about this as I have tried different car settings, tracks and wheel set up!

Pitted in to repair damage, which the invisible pit crew fully fixed. As i exit back on to the track the engineer tells me to change up early because I have engine damage .... erm nope.
Sounds very realistic . E.g. In GP Formula 1 also this season we have seen cars have to pit again after they just had a pitstop. Engine/software failure canalways happen. Otherwise call Alonso or Verstappen 👍

Is PCARS2 worth picking up for Xbox One? I've heard it's enjoyable with the controller. Is it really that bad performance wise though? Maybe I should just wait and see if they improve it with patches?

Is PCARS2 worth picking up for Xbox One? I've heard it's enjoyable with the controller. Is it really that bad performance wise though? Maybe I should just wait and see if they improve it with patches?

The only time I've noticed any performance issues is if I've had the system on awhile and there are a few apps running in the background. After a reboot (hold the power button for a few seconds) it runs great.

My opinion on AI so far:
- Looks very twitchy to me, they do these little robotic corrections and sometimes when there is contact between them they overreact and create a mess.
- They can still ram you off track when you brake into corners slower than them.
- They still slowdown or brake unnecessarily in certain sections of the tracks.
- On higher lvls they find top speed I can't find even with lowest downforce settings and then of course in fast turns they drive like they had normal or high settings of downforce. Haven't tried much under rain or snow but expecting to be similar.

I am on PS4 standard, at Le Mans I can only set 31 opponents... is it different for other platforms?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've run the roof camera during some races and it looks slightly jittery. Onboard cam, Helmet can, bonnet and bumper can look good. Also runs good in bad weather conditions, with a full grid.

Can you have formation laps with grid starts like in F1? I think that's what the guy was asking.
Nope. Standing starts do not have formation laps as an option currently. Hopefully, never say never, but right now formation laps only apply to rolling starts.

Any comparisons between Pcars2 vs. 'some other game' at Nordschleife with the same car?
And the same season, same weather, same time of day, same temperature, same humidity, same setup, same fuel load, etc. ;) These all affect your laptimes (and I'm sure I've left out a lot :D).

Someone could do a video with the Civic Type R. Might be able to replicate the exact conditions and vehicle tyre pressures. Unless, the Honda PR car is boosted a bit more than a factory model.

And the same season, same weather, same time of day, same temperature, same humidity, same setup, same fuel load, etc. ;) These all affect your laptimes (and I'm sure I've left out a lot :D).
What? Trying to be funny?
It was a straight question from me.

I also agree with the people who think the h pattern needs a serious update. I don't even hear grinding in the gears and pcars 1 had that so I'm thinking bug?

Also, the BMW m1 procar is sssssswwwwweeeeeeeeeettttt!
(Not as good as raceroom's procar, but still very nice)

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I had just bought the game, and I noticed two things before and after the 13g update :

1: Lap times have become slower overall. As for example I was doing 1:54 in a GT3 car at Nurburgring GP before the update and now hardly in the 1:57s.

2: The cars tend to understeer when the tyres temperature go up to green!

I would like to hear more thoughts about this as I have tried different car settings, tracks and wheel set up!
Anyone please?

What? Trying to be funny?
It was a straight question from me.
And it was a straight factual answer. How can you compare laptimes between games unless you have the exact same track conditions? And what about the tire models? Some games model different real life tires and period correct grip while others use a generic tire model for all cars. How do you allow for those variations?

I haven't followed the feedback on the small pc patch but I'm curious about one thing... did it fix the big lag when people connect / disconnect from multiplayer sessions ?? thank you

OK, I just got the game and from my first minutes I have mixed reactions:

The Good:
-Car selection is on Spot annd have a good balance in the racing department, but as what it seems to be with GT Sport, the ammount of production cars is really poor
-Tracks, there are several of them but most of the new are from rallycross, even though is the best track selection that I've seen in a game (GT6 is is second place IMHO)
-Physics are excellent, the first one was painful with a Dualshock, but now it's driveable at least
-Damage is the ice in the cake for the inmersion

The So so:
-The Sounds still overreacted,is really annoying, I know racing cars are loud, but not a point of being undriveable

The bad:

-The textures are from a PS2 game era, specially the ones for the grass
- I don't know if it is more noticeable because now I have a larger TV, but the screen tearing and the jaggies are at GT6 level and can be distracting during a race

Overall, the game is really good besides graphics, I hope SMS can be able to solve the aliasing and screen tearing with patches

Back