Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I can check 1. for you this evening (unless someone else responds earlier). 2. I'm not sure, have you changed the aids setting to something other than Authentic in the options? 3. No idea, sorry.

couple of races now, i have qualifed on pole, but when it comes to race start im at the back of the grid. I have had no penalties.

Just saw the split for Pcars 2 on this weeks UK charts

72% PS4
27% XBOX 1
2% PC

:crazy:

XBOX folk will wait for Forza as expected. PCARS 2's second week got outsold by Forza Horizon 3 (physical). The game won't have the legs I expected. They'll probably need to weather the storm till next year and hope with a much lower price and patches people pick it up.

XBOX folk will wait for Forza as expected. PCARS 2's second week got outsold by Forza Horizon 3 (physical). The game won't have the legs I expected. They'll probably need to weather the storm till next year and hope with a much lower price and patches people pick it up.
Yea its gonna be Interesting seeing the numbers when another PS4 racer launches

Hi,

is there already a source for shared tunes?

I was looking for a proper base tune for the 488GT3.

I'm in careermode GT3. Skiped icy Oschersleben, won Nürburgring short and Hockenheim national (AI 100/80). Now stuck at RedBull-Ring, I'm nearly a second off the pace with the same AI-setting as above. Tried some modifications by the engineer, which changes the handling a little bit but didn't give improvements in laptime.

D.

"Outsold" by FH3 is using the term "sale" loosely.
Microsoft’s ‘Forza Horizon 3’ climbs 6 places to No3 driven by many hardware/software bundles that also offer ‘FIFA 18’.
Guess you skipped over those rather important facts.

"Outsold" by FH3 is using the term "sale" loosely.
Guess you skipped over those rather important facts.

FH3's sales are always linked with bundles. Nothing new here. It also got outsold by Crash Bandicoot this week and had low sales in Spain.

FH3's sales are always linked with bundles. Nothing new here. It also got outsold by Crash Bandicoot this week and had low sales in Spain.
So it's a bit disingenuous then to simply say one game "outsold" the other when one is bundled with a console + another hugely popular game and the other does not have that hugely significant advantage. But by all means, continue to defend your twisting of the whole truth. Since you mentioned it, what were the total digital and physical sales in Spain, what time period did it cover and what would the sales level have to be to be considered "high"?

I can check 1. for you this evening (unless someone else responds earlier). 2. I'm not sure, have you changed the aids setting to something other than Authentic in the options? 3. No idea, sorry.

1. No, I run no assists all of the time and have had no problem getting my times on the leaderboards.

3. If you're on PC you can search leaderboards by car, however I don't believe this is an option on consoles. No platform allows us to search by sub-class unfortunately, instead GT3 times will be thrown in with GT1, GTE etc in some kind of general GT leaderboard, same with Formula Rookie times being placed on a general open wheel leaderboard with the other Formula cars.

So it's a bit disingenuous then to simply say one game "outsold" the other when one is bundled with a console + another hugely popular game and the other does not have that hugely significant advantage. But by all means, continue to defend your twisting of the whole truth. Since you mentioned it, what were the total digital and physical sales in Spain, what time period did it cover and what would the sales level have to be to be considered "high"?

"Twisting" the truth? :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/LzAwRDd.png

Here is the whole chart. Go ahead, twist that into something positive.

The FIFA 18 on the Switch number is between 7.5 and 10K.

Spain's numbers http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250388219&postcount=62

"Twisting" the truth? :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/LzAwRDd.png

Here is the whole chart. Go ahead, twist that into something positive.

The FIFA 18 on the Switch number is between 7.5 and 10K.

Spain's numbers http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=250388219&postcount=62
Yes, twisting the truth. One game given away essentially free tends to skew sales data. Drawing conclusions of doom and gloom after comparing the two games smacks of a hidden agenda. Kind of like reporting 2 days worth of non-digital sales and claiming the sky is falling.

It's neither positive or negative. As I said before it's too early and information is too limited to draw any conclusions.

Yes, twisting the truth. One game given away essentially free tends to skew sales data. Drawing conclusions of doom and gloom after comparing the two games smacks of a hidden agenda. Kind of like reporting 2 days worth of non-digital sales and claiming the sky is falling.

It's neither positive or negative. As I said before it's too early and information is too limited to draw any conclusions.

Did you just accuse me of a hidden agenda because I posted a chart of video game sales? :lol: :lol:

No point derailing this thread with more nonsense.

I'm looking to get PCars 2 on PC soon, but I only have a pad (or an old wheel with not much movement and poor FFB), how does the game play on a controller? I've got the option of using a Dualshock or an XB1 controller but I don't really want the cars to feel overly twitchy or anything. I'm usually fairly smooth on the sticks. (I know I could download it and try it because of Steam refunds but I'd like to get an idea of how it plays before I go ahead with the large download!)

I'm looking to get PCars 2 on PC soon, but I only have a pad (or an old wheel with not much movement and poor FFB), how does the game play on a controller?
It's good. Improved controller handling combined with more stable setups as default when using a pad make things really manageable. I can drive known twitchy cars like the Clio Cup with it at decent speeds (not as fast as wheel obviously, but still decent).

Post your AFFINITY :)
Project_CARS_2_20171002152643.jpg

Is anyone getting a weird FFB thing where driving in the pits it's beyond clipping and just violently shaking making noise?

Well, One thing i learned is AI Online, don't care at all whose in front, they will ram you right off the track. Also am i the only one who noticed there is no intermediate tires?

Anyone else think the Cayman GT4 actually sucks to drive on default setup? Way too understeery.
Are you on loose or stable? or not even pc? On PC i find the loose setup to be amazing. Too bad im terrible with lift off oversteer or I wouldve used it instead of the RTR mustang.

Okay that bugs me. They mention they have two setups for every car and never say a word about it being PC only. I'm on PS4 and I don't get that feature...

Latest Posts

Back