Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
How about you cut the attittude. I was just explaining that it's hard to compare laptimes unless you use exactly the same settings. Let alone across games. Geez. :rolleyes:
Wow what a drama there! Is it not obvious that the conditions are set similar - and then just compare and get the results for comparison to see the differences or similarities. 💡

Nope. I understand it that the parameters of two games will never fully be the same. Despite of that we can still make comparison drives.
Comparison drives are fine, I'm planning to do some myself, time comparisons however are worthless.

still looking the best ps4 controller settings... have looked on youtube the videos that I have watched none of the postings anyone is using a ps4 controller/gamepad. I don't have the space or $$ for a wheel.. anyone with a ps4 gamepad/controller setup assist ??? thank you.

I just found a good controller setup, and I'm in sim
still looking the best ps4 controller settings... have looked on youtube the videos that I have watched none of the postings anyone is using a ps4 controller/gamepad. I don't have the space or $$ for a wheel.. anyone with a ps4 gamepad/controller setup assist ??? thank you.

First impressions for me on standard PS4:

1.) Menu is neat looking and not having any trouble there, also enjoying the menu music.

2.) There is a little bit of framerate issues or something along those lines but don't occur much and don't affect me

3.) I'm playing with a T150 wheel with standard pedals. Like people have said, the feedback is different than AC. I'm not getting much feedback from the tires, all I feel is heavy steering and sort of the body of the car. I'm not getting feedback from brakes or throttle much so I can't find the limits of the car much. There is more feedback on other cars, like GT3 class, but not much more. I am having issues locking up the brakes but that is more related to the standard pedal set but I've noticed you need to brake hard and keep it consistent to avoid lock so it's getting better me.

4.) Definitely drives like a sim, but like others mentioned the feedback needs work done on it. You can point the noise of the car more so than in AC and you won't spin out. There is less understeer. There is more occurring to the suspension in relation to the surface of the track than you can see in videos.

5.) Career is a bit confusing, going to do more research on that. The AI is sort of difficult, they aren't disrupting me much but I can't catch up to the top 5.

6.) Graphics are okay but that isn't bothering me.

7.) Sound is pretty lively and good. There is wind noise as you increase in speed. Sense of speed is not great at below 100mph, sometimes I find myself not braking enough because I thought I slowed down to a slow enough speed on certain corners. That is a problem the feedback can solve.

8.) In conclusion, need to get used to this game a bit more and find my way through the campaign. I'm not good with tuning and keep everything stock, so hopefully they adjust the feedback.

Just had the best race ive had in a videogame in a very long time. Im doing the gt4 US championship, its round 4 of 5 at long beach. ive never raced there before, so pretty much the hour of practice is all learning the track...(there arent many good passing areas)

I have been altering the ai level each race, but not because it is out of balance (this series is actually fairly balanced) but i really feel like im getting to know my RTR gt4 mustang better with each race. Qualifying comes around, I decide to stay on hard tires since i dont think the ai ever use the soft... i may be wrong but it feels that way. Ive got first.

Start of the race, really starts getting good. Im holding about 1.5 seconds in front of Chris Arnett in the GetSpeed Porsche caayman gt4. Throughout the series, hes won the first race and had 2 other podiums, and is behind me by about 10-15 points. Behind Chris are both teammates of the lime green aston martins. So far both of them are in the top ten in points and seem to usually do well.

Lap 3 i brake too late into turn one, go a tad wide and the pesky cayman sneaks by cleanly and now im between him and the 2 astons. For the next 8 or so laps i am trying everything to get by him. Each final hairpin I always get a better exit and catch up on the front straight and get dangerously close for turn 1. I really cant find any other place where im faster other than the braking zone for that turn. Finally i get a great exit and am right on his rear with only feet between us. I set up my position to pass, brake, go for my move, pass him, brake about 3 feet too late, and get stuck in the tires......... Flustered, I stall the car and fail to cleanly get going. Both astons pass me with 5 minutes left in the race. Luckily damage is off.

Each of the final 2 laps I take both aston teammates with greater ease than the Cayman at turn one entry, but never catch Chris Arnett.

Best second place finish ive ever had. Hes now 4 points behind me.

Honestly, i feel so much more competitive on Project Cars, then i do on Assetto Corsa, :odd:. I have been having a ton of fun with GTE and GT3, and GT4, however there is issue where there are some cars that are not competitive, the Group 5, 935/80, completely dominates any car in its class, or even the Z4 GT3, struggles to keep up with the new GT3 cars. Other then that i have been enjoying PCars2! Probably the most fun i have ever had in a racing game. 👍 @Whitestar

Again, replays. PC2 should win an award for cinematography.

Watching my '81 280ZX creep up on the "Warhol" M, from the chicane, overtake high on the bank, through to the finish line and brake diving to the Turn 1 infield. Even when I spun entering the chicane. I slowly drove back to the pits below the yellow linea, camera follows and zooms in, a red 320 still making its run to the checker as Qualifying is done. Remarkable.

You guys have to get acknowledged worldwide for this. The best replay programming in the business. Bravo!

Now, do I watch the F1 race or keep playing PC2?

I just had a very strange situation happen. This afternoon I ran for about 3 hours with no FFB problems. Learning different cars and tracks, etc. Tonight I hooked up to do some more experiments. First I went to the Nissan GT-R GT3 quick race at Red Bull ring. Right off the starting line the steering wheel starts to shake violently and mainly to the left like I'm running over something on my right side. I intentionally drop back to the rear of the field to just start driving to see what's happening. Hit the brakes more shaking, go at medium speeds and the shaking comes and goes.

Hit restart, same thing. Exit completely out of the race to restart it, same thing. So now I go out and just go to test at the same track in that same Nissan, everything is smooth as silk. Test it at another track, smooth as silk. Go back to run a race at Red Bull, same shaking problem. Now I'm getting angry.

Choose a different car, the McLaren 650 GT3, same shaking problem during the race. Go to test it and it's smoother but still has some shaking issues mainly during braking.

I double checked the settings to make sure the Gain somehow didn't get changed back to 100 but everything is as I had it in the afternoon. I had to stop testing now because the Malaysian GP is on.

What in the heck could be going on here?

Hi Guys, loving the game so far. Just have a couple of quick question,

1. Are we forced to use authentic assists in time trial? What If I'm driving a Mclaren GT3 and I want to turn off TC, can I?
2. Online, even when the host has allowed all assists I am stuck at authentic, can't turn on the Stability on the Mclaren GT3. Is this a bug?
3. Anyway to sort leaderboards by Car or by sub-class like GT3?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what settings but I'm know you can. I went nearly a whole lap backwards on Laguna seca and it didn't even tell me anything. Try turning off penalties in gameplay menu?
Thanks for the help, I switched off the option for penalties but the car still
resets in the right direction after a few seconds. It doesn't seem like it's
possible to drive the other way like you can in GT6. :/

Thank you all for ignoring my participation here.

@Betty blue the only question I can take a stab at is probably your question #2.
---->Question: 2: The cars tend to understeer when the tyres temperature go up to green!

My guess would be as the tyres begin from the start of the race: Blue (Cold) and having less grip, as the tyres warm up to Green the grip increases so what you may be feeling is more traction on the track.... as opposed to the more smooth and oversteery feel of cold tyres.

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but I had just bought the game, and I noticed two things before and after the 13g update :

1: Lap times have become slower overall. As for example I was doing 1:54 in a GT3 car at Nurburgring GP before the update and now hardly in the 1:57s.

2: The cars tend to understeer when the tyres temperature go up to green!

I would like to hear more thoughts about this as I have tried different car settings, tracks and wheel set up!

I'd say it's a placebo. There were no update/changes regarding tire physics in that update.

I just had a very strange situation happen. This afternoon I ran for about 3 hours with no FFB problems. Learning different cars and tracks, etc. Tonight I hooked up to do some more experiments. First I went to the Nissan GT-R GT3 quick race at Red Bull ring. Right off the starting line the steering wheel starts to shake violently and mainly to the left like I'm running over something on my right side. I intentionally drop back to the rear of the field to just start driving to see what's happening. Hit the brakes more shaking, go at medium speeds and the shaking comes and goes.

Hit restart, same thing. Exit completely out of the race to restart it, same thing. So now I go out and just go to test at the same track in that same Nissan, everything is smooth as silk. Test it at another track, smooth as silk. Go back to run a race at Red Bull, same shaking problem. Now I'm getting angry.

Choose a different car, the McLaren 650 GT3, same shaking problem during the race. Go to test it and it's smoother but still has some shaking issues mainly during braking.

I double checked the settings to make sure the Gain somehow didn't get changed back to 100 but everything is as I had it in the afternoon. I had to stop testing now because the Malaysian GP is on.

What in the heck could be going on here?

I had another car do the exact same thing today. BMW M6 GT3. Same scenario. Exact same vibration in the race, exit out and go to testing and it's totally smooth with no vibration.

Okay, Project Cars 2 has just replaced my Numero Uno favorite racing game of all time, ToCA 1.

Out of the disciplines I've tried so far, TCR is my calling. The cars look great, the racing is tight, the handling is lively and the cockpit views from each car, look amazing. The details.

I've not been able to race bumper to bumper over blind crests, side-by-side-last-of-late-brakers-into-any-turn, since ToCA 1.

Texas Motor Speedway in Touring Car Motorsport Preset is brilliant. It's almost like Rockingham, with that gritty feel to the look of the track. The replay looks awesome.
Seeing how I modulated the brakes going into the hairpins: inside rear wheel in the air, grabbing, spinning g, grabbing, spinning. Inside front lock up and release. Hearing how gentle I am on throttle inputs. From Practice to pitting after my cool down lap, this is a great game.

Note: I still haven't updated the game and all this on a controller.

Go try the Lotus Type 25 at a track of your choice. AI set to 79/100 (I prefer default setups so I know it's an even playing field) and enjoy. I was surprised at how much side contact you can make without causing massive accidents and they draft overtake A LOT. Spa Classic was a lot of fun. A 30 minute race helped me to learn the track.

Did you know they held the 24 Hour race at Spa in the 70s? They used the European Touring Car Challenge/Championship cars. 1978 was the last year before they changed the track. So I'm guessing the closest thing would be Group 5 cars yea? Maybe throw in the Group 4 class to mix things up with lap traffic. A night drive through the Ardenne Forest sounds lovely right about now.

Go try the Lotus Type 25 at a track of your choice. AI set to 79/100 (I prefer default setups so I know it's an even playing field) and enjoy. I was surprised at how much side contact you can make without causing massive accidents and they draft overtake A LOT. Spa Classic was a lot of fun. A 30 minute race helped me to learn the track.

Did you know they held the 24 Hour race at Spa in the 70s? They used the European Touring Car Challenge/Championship cars. 1978 was the last year before they changed the track. So I'm guessing the closest thing would be Group 5 cars yea? Maybe throw in the Group 4 class to mix things up with lap traffic. A night drive through the Ardenne Forest sounds lovely right about now.
I selected Spa Classic. Was just about to enter the TCR, when I backed out. From videos, the track looks hairy. I mean, no doubt I'll get to it, but it looks, virtually, "unsafe". :nervous::scared:;)

I typed that, then, watch me race on it after I type this.:banghead:

Hi Guys, loving the game so far. Just have a couple of quick question,

1. Are we forced to use authentic assists in time trial? What If I'm driving a Mclaren GT3 and I want to turn off TC, can I?
2. Online, even when the host has allowed all assists I am stuck at authentic, can't turn on the Stability on the Mclaren GT3. Is this a bug?
3. Anyway to sort leaderboards by Car or by sub-class like GT3?

Help?

Back