Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Hello @IanBell

Really impressed with the released trailer and screenshots.

1. What sacrifices had to be made on console to achieve this incredible dynamic weather/season/track system?
  2. Will France be represented outside of the Le Mans circuit?
  3. Probably to early but I'll try....Will the Peugeot 308 Racing Cup make its appearance?
  4. Last one, Will there be a photomode and how does it compare to pcars1?

Hello Ian,
I hope you are well. We have already exchanged on PC1 forum and I am here for a single question that interests me:

Will there be a custom championship mode for the offline? I know that the current trend is the esport but we must also think of the solo players. Thank you for your reply and good day.

@IanBell

After seeing the announcement trailer, I'm really looking forward to PC2 but I have just 2 questions.

1: Are there plans for implementing custom quick race grids or custom championships?
2: Will quick race multiclass racing be improved (as in being able to select individual classes to race against)?

Heres what bugged me slightly. Japanese tracks license fees are notably expensive for foreign developers. So much infact that any other non japanese developers, including Turn 10, avoids using it. Is the money gained from crowdfunding + game sales are enough to cover it up for PCars 2?

Sorry if this has been asked before.

@IanBell

After seeing the announcement trailer, I'm really looking forward to PC2 but I have just 2 questions.

1: Are there plans for implementing custom quick race grids or custom championships?
2: Will quick race multiclass racing be improved (as in being able to select individual classes to race against)?

Will there be a custom championship mode for the offline? I know that the current trend is the esport but we must also think of the solo players. Thank you for your reply and good day.

I asked something similar yesterday and he said something about the offline experience being improved as a whole. Doubt he'll change anything today. :)

From the Ginetta Cars FB page:
I'll just add the list from PC1 to the OP then.

Last edited:
Hello Mr @IanBell,

I guess this question has been (if not, then it might get asked in the near future) asked already somewhere, but what are your thoughts about adding a livery editor to the game, or maybe give us a chance to create custom liveries at the computer via Photoshop, etc. and then import them into the game on console?

Hello Mr @IanBell,

I guess this question has been (if not, then it might get asked in the near future) asked already somewhere, but what are your thoughts about adding a livery editor to the game, or maybe give us a chance to create custom liveries at the computer via Photoshop, etc. and then import them into the game on console?

He said no about console liveries yesterday.

Hello Mr @IanBell,

Yesterday Ian said the memory cost of a livery editor is too high with such large car numbers on track. A full field online with custom liveries would require too many sacrifices elsewhere. I would love a livery editor but it is the right decision though.

Being able to import PS files would be great with a similar system to WWE 2K16. Never see it happening though.

He said no about console liveries yesterday.

Yesterday Ian said the memory cost of a livery editor is too high with such large car numbers on track. A full field online with custom liveries would require too many sacrifices elsewhere. I would love a livery editor but it is the right decision though.

Being able to import PS files would be great with a similar system to WWE 2K16. Never see it happening though.
Ah, okay. Must have overread the post yesterday. Thanks for letting me know. 👍

Hi @IanBell Just a quick one:

Will there be an option to use tyre blankets during a practice session?

This is where I (would like to) do all my tuning, but the first game requires you to go out on colds for 1-2 laps before you could really tell what the handling was like. Then you'd tweak the setup, and have to do another 1-2 laps before deciding if it was beneficial or not. It's not fun for me to do that at Nords, for example lol.

Please can we have blankets so tuning is more immediate? Or perhaps allow us to go back to the pits for tuning during an actual race; at least the tyres would be warm here.

Cheers

Hi @IanBell Just a quick one:

Will there be an option to use tyre blankets during a practice session?

This is where I (would like to) do all my tuning, but the first game requires you to go out on colds for 1-2 laps before you could really tell what the handling was like. Then you'd tweak the setup, and have to do another 1-2 laps before deciding if it was beneficial or not. It's not fun for me to do that at Nords, for example lol.

Please can we have blankets so tuning is more immediate? Or perhaps allow us to go back to the pits for tuning during an actual race; at least the tyres would be warm here.

Cheers
I'm fairly sure it's not 1-2 laps at the Nordschleife. Just small circuits. Although would like a Tyre Blanket option too.

I'm fairly sure it's not 1-2 laps at the Nordschleife. Just small circuits. Although would like a Tyre Blanket option too.
Yes that was a slight exaggeration haha. But still, if you have a problem navigating the early section of that track and want to tune for it you'll only be doing it on cold tyres in pCARS1 unless you go all the way round and start again. Long.

I asked something similar yesterday and he said something about the offline experience being improved as a whole. Doubt he'll change anything today. :)

Thanks for infos.
This is bad news for me that only plays solo mode. I don't understand this choice of SMS because according to a WMD member, it was requested by the community. I will have to reconsider my purchase because it's boring to make tables on excel to simulate a championship of 10 races and especially, I never have the same starting grid. I could understand on PC1 but on PC2, it is incomprehensible iN MY OPINION.

Edit :
It is very frustrating to repeat the same races on the same circuits with the same weather, the same date, the same hour ....

Last edited:
Thanks for infos.
This is bad news for me that only plays solo mode. I don't understand this choice of SMS because according to a WMD member, it was requested by the community. I will have to reconsider my purchase because it's boring to make tables on excel to simulate a championship of 10 races and especially, I never have the same starting grid. I could understand on PC1 but on PC2, it is incomprehensible iN MY OPINION.

Edit :
It is very frustrating to repeat the same races on the same circuits with the same weather, the same date, the same hour ....
Uhm, not to be rude, but all @jake2013guy said with this is that Ian will not change anything regarding his stance on what he is and isn't willing to tell us. In short: Maybe the game will include custom championships, maybe it will not.

Uhm, not to be rude, but all @jake2013guy said with this is that Ian will not change anything regarding his stance on what he is and isn't willing to tell us. In short: Maybe the game will include custom championships, maybe it will not.
Wasnt custom championship answered in that playstation video as in that it will has!

Hello Ian,
I hope you are well. We have already exchanged on PC1 forum and I am here for a single question that interests me:

Good point. With the very good IA Project cars has, i think that it would be a great adition. Not everybody plays online

Good point. With the very good IA Project cars has, i think that it would be a great adition. Not everybody plays online

Yeah.Good point
That make a huge sense.
If they put this feature in the game we have game for the next years :)

Last edited:
Back