Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
We're still full bore for 'Septemberish' but there's no way we're shipping this one before it's properly QA'd and sensibly bug free. So it's a case of 'when it's done'.

This is the most positive thing I've heard so far (and there's a lot of positives you've told us about Pcars 2, so that's saying something). While I loved Pcars, and still play it, the amount of issues the game shipped with made the game very hard to get along with.

I've got plenty to keep me busy, and in the small amount of time I have to play games, I've got to split that between Pcars, AC, F1 2016, and Dirt Rally, so take all the time you need. If reviews are positive, and the game is reasonably bug-free and polished, I'll gladly pay full price for it and buy all the DLC, like I did for the first game.

One question (apologies if someone's asked this): Are you guys going to offer a season pass this time?

I was under the impression that the Corvette was a 2016 spec, the first game even acknowledges that.
About the R8, it's nice to get it's confirmation but yakes, that car quality :yuck:

There are subtle differences. The most notable one is the different rear diffuser. Also, the rear wing has different mounts than the 2015 one.

corvette-racing-gtlm-duo.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Corvette-C7-R-rear-side-view.jpg

I would like to know this too? I would really like to see a career mode that somewhat resembles GT, in that you're forced to start out driving really slow, crappy street vehicles, then slowly, and I mean *SLOWLY* work your way up the food chain to better and faster cars. Please Ian...please restructure your career mode to make it like this. A lot of GT fans play GT because the campaign in structured this way, and it makes for a very enjoyable "RPG-like" experience.
Well,first off,it ain't GT. Thank's Ian! RPG! Nope! If someone wants a GT style game! Hurry up and wait! Did PCARS have some issues, yep. He has addressed this in his post's. At least he is taking the time to create,a "Racing Game" and responding. Go figure.Off the "Official Forum too". This game needs no GT feel at all. I could care less about rims,paint and a bunch of 🤬 cars I'll never drive anyway!:gtpflag:

I would like to know this too? I would really like to see a career mode that somewhat resembles GT, in that you're forced to start out driving really slow, crappy street vehicles, then slowly, and I mean *SLOWLY* work your way up the food chain to better and faster cars. Please Ian...please restructure your career mode to make it like this. A lot of GT fans play GT because the campaign in structured this way, and it makes for a very enjoyable "RPG-like" experience.
He answered the career question earlier, he mentioned they changed it up to make it more fun... the original already had an impressive RPG (role playing game) style career, with your "role" as a racing driver starting in a little go-kart with a no name team and move up to better teams and faster cars.

Every single video you go to on YouTube the comments section is just toxic. I hope SMS proves everyone wrong and deliver a bug free game that has great FFB and physics.

That's true for the comments section on pretty much any Youtube video with more than a handful of views though, isn't it? The comments section of Youtube videos is only useful for studying what happens when you throw a bunch of opinionated morons together with no rules and complete anonymity.

@IanBell or anyone else who can possibly answer, will there still be a way to fine tune gamepad performance with presets and sliders? I really enjoy the direct inputs that I can make in PCARS and only lament the difficulty of recovering from driving over the limit. I am afraid that the feel will be numb like Forza Motorsport or understeer prone like GT.

@IanBell or anyone else who can possibly answer, will there still be a way to fine tune gamepad performance with presets and sliders? I really enjoy the direct inputs that I can make in PCARS and only lament the difficulty of recovering from driving over the limit. I am afraid that the feel will be numb like Forza Motorsport or understeer prone like GT.
A great deal of effort is being made in development to improve controller optimization in PCars2. Ian mentioned yesterday that he's only playing the game with a pad throughout the development cycle. It was a huge issue amongst the console player base and it's been addressed. You'll have to wait and see how it turns out but from what I can see, the improvement is substantial.

EDIT: Found this from @IanBell yesterday:
We've massively reworked our pad input filters to try to pre-empt what the user wants to happen, in coordination with what actually happens in game. It's been rewritten from scratch and we've been influenced a lot by what our competitors do here.

What we want to happen is that we don't need to build in subtle understeer for controllability to allow the average person to enjoy the experience on a game pad. I personally have put away my wheel for pCARS2. I'm using a pad exclusively and I'm insisting that we retain the dynamics of the car but allow the player to control such things as sharp front end turn in and on the apex and on-throttle balance with full throttle oversteer and opposite lock controllability (if that makes sense)... That was our aim 2 year ago and I think we've achieved it. I think it's a very affirming experience for pad users now.

@IanBell A few things, sir! :D

1: Amazing graphics! Honestly! :D. But, are ALL the bugs (like the landmines) from the original game now fixed??

ss_0224cec80209a69d82439a01dd0bb48dd59ef81f.jpg

2: I've always loved that the devs decide to add their own car creativity on their games, in other words, only-for-game original cars. Will PC2 have the original cars back, and/or created new original cars??

3: Something I want to know since I remembered you guys are being published by Bandai-Namco. Normally, when it comes to racing games published by NAMCO (like, say it with me, RIIIIIDGGGEE RAAAACCEEEEER!! lol. Ridge Racer, or SRS: Street racing syndicate, or the Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift game), NAMCO always loved to involve some of their other non-racing games into a racing game. For example. The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift game involved Soulcalibur IV, PACMAN, Tekken V, Dig Dug, and other Bandai-NAMCO games (check video)

Also, SRS Involved PACMAN as a special car livery package

670189-srs-street-racing-syndicate-windows-screenshot-pac-man-vynil.png

And, Ridge Racer (Bandai-NAMCO's old main racing game) always involved some games as secondary sponsors. Here's an original RR car, the Soldat Yamasa Raggio (Honda NSX) and the Himmel EO (Porsche Cayman S) as a example.

yamasaraggio.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The idea for them was to make some kind of unique crossovers between the Bandai-NAMCO family and that racing game, creating a unique Bandai-NAMCO world, and also some interesting cameos and abilities inside those games, like the easy ability of Itasha designs on SRS and Tokyo Drift, apart of creating a creative advertising for those games (Back in 2006, Tokyo Drift's Tekken V and Soulcalibur IV's crossovering features were apart of cool, very accurate, since both games were new back then, and it was a nice ad for both). Since now Bandai-NAMCO is releasing Tekken 7 this year, and maybe a new Soulcalibur or something else. And PC2 as well will come out this year. Are there any plans of Bandai-NAMCO to crossover Project CARS 2 with other Bandai-NAMCO games?? Like special designs, avatars, cameos, or. You guys will love this idea. Bringing the Ridge Racer cars to Project CARS's rooster?? :).

In advance, good luck Sir, and all SMS!! :D #fromperuwithlove

Funny about the AE86. It is in Shift 1. Loved it so much, I painted it Toyota beige, like my '83 Corona. :) An AE86 N2 Cup car wouldn't go awry either. :cheers:

@IanBell A few things, sir! :D

1: Amazing graphics! Honestly! :D. But, are ALL the bugs (like the landmines) from the original game now fixed??

ss_0224cec80209a69d82439a01dd0bb48dd59ef81f.jpg

2: I've always loved that the devs decide to add their own car creativity on their games, in other words, only-for-game original cars. Will PC2 have the original cars back, and/or created new original cars??

3: Something I want to know since I remembered you guys are being published by Bandai-Namco. Normally, when it comes to racing games published by NAMCO (like, say it with me, RIIIIIDGGGEE RAAAACCEEEEER!! lol. Ridge Racer, or SRS: Street racing syndicate, or the Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift game), NAMCO always loved to involve some of their other non-racing games into a racing game. For example. The Fast and Furious: Tokyo Drift game involved Soulcalibur IV, PACMAN, Tekken V, Dig Dug, and other Bandai-NAMCO games (check video)

Also, SRS Involved PACMAN as a special car livery package

670189-srs-street-racing-syndicate-windows-screenshot-pac-man-vynil.png

And, Ridge Racer (Bandai-NAMCO's old main racing game) always involved some games as secondary sponsors. Here's an original RR car, the Soldat Yamasa Raggio (Honda NSX) and the Himmel EO (Porsche Cayman S) as a example.

yamasaraggio.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

The idea for them was to make some kind of unique crossovers between the Bandai-NAMCO family and that racing game, creating a unique Bandai-NAMCO world, and also some interesting cameos and abilities inside those games, like the easy ability of Itasha designs on SRS and Tokyo Drift, apart of creating a creative advertising for those games (Back in 2006, Tokyo Drift's Tekken V and Soulcalibur IV's crossovering features were apart of cool, very accurate, since both games were new back then, and it was a nice ad for both). Since now Bandai-NAMCO is releasing Tekken 7 this year, and maybe a new Soulcalibur or something else. And PC2 as well will come out this year. Are there any plans of Bandai-NAMCO to crossover Project CARS 2 with other Bandai-NAMCO games?? Like special designs, avatars, cameos, or. You guys will love this idea. Bringing the Ridge Racer cars to Project CARS's rooster?? :).

In advance, good luck Sir, and all SMS!! :D #fromperuwithlove

1. I haven't seen any landmine issues for a long time but no game will ever be completely bug free. What we're focused on is ensuring this release is MUCH more solid than the first.

2. We have a couple of surprises here yes :)

3. Watch this space. I can't say anything more for the moment ;)

@IanBell
1.Did you give up pit stop animation?
2.Will you improve damage and crash(rollover, spinout, contact physics, flip etc) physics? Honestly, nothing bothers me more in Pcars 1 than crash physics. Look at Dirt 2 released in 2009. It still has one of the best damage and crash physics in racing games (I put aside games like BeamNG and Next Car Game)

Thanks in advance

1. Nope :)
2. We are working on it yes. We can't do the sort of damage you could 8 years ago. Manufacturers are much more strict now.

Hey @IanBell ! just read this via a Facebook page! I have loved project cars 1 on the PS4 and still play it with some mates! Read that there is no more Australian tracks being added which is a bummer but there is plenty of tracks to sink our tyres into ( yes that is a live track pun..)

1. Will Bathurst stay in pcars 2?
2. Will the V8 supercar still be in?
3. Will you guys make some developer/ behind the scenes video that codemasters did for F1 2010/11? Loved that as it made me want to have the game in my hands right there and then!

Excited about all the new cars and tracks so far and can't wait until I get to start many long thrilling league races again like I've been involved in project cars 1!

Last edited:
3. Watch this space. I can't say anything more for the moment ;)
OMG, can't wait what you guys can bring! :D Thanks for answering btw! :D

Ok, I got one more question, thanks for the inspiration @05XR8 :lol:. Ok, I know we are talking about different publishers, so I could be a nono. But since both games are similar, and with same developers. Here we go.

I've always loved the NFS: Shift's "Works" cars

latest

Is there any chance to see them back in Project CARS 2?? They could be AN AWESOME match against GT1s, GT2s, and GT3s :D

@IanBell

Thanks for making this all possible Ian, ive clocked over 600 hours now and how bought 5 copies of Project Cars 1 :) my favorite Sim by far. could you please answer the following for me.

1. Proper triple screen support?
2. implementation to support SMP by NVidia?
3. OSW support?
4. Nvidia SLI mode optimised so that both GPU's will work efficiently and games frame rate will increase?

Thanks, I will be Pre-Ordering for sure, cant wait!

Hi @IanBell great to see you interact this way with the fans! 2 questions

1. Wil our national treasure, Zandvoort, be present in the game?

2. Can you save multiple setups per car per track? And use track setup from track A at track b?

Keep up the good work, really looking forward to the game!

@IanBell

First of all, how cool is this? Communicating with the game developer directly!👍

Can we please have true-to-life car audio? CARS1 did a decent enough job on consoles but I'd really like it to nail car sounds 100%. It already has a great physics model to begin with, graphics are reasonably good on consoles. Great audio would really hit the sweet spot. :cheers:

Suddenly, @IanBell pops up on GTPlanet!
Question: What progress have you made towards playability on controller? It was a major problem for me in PCars, and was my biggest gripe overall. Especially on the limit of the car's performance.

Also:
Gran Turismo is in serious strife now, because it lacks many features that this game has... People will buy this game over GT Sport, I can feel it losing out if PD doesn't sort their crap out.

You're onto a winner here, Ian.

Hey @IanBell ! just read this via a Facebook page! I have loved project cars 1 on the PS4 and still play it with some mates! Read that there is no more Australian tracks being added which is a bummer but there is plenty of tracks to sink our tyres into ( yes that is a live track pun..)

We need a new V8 Supercar game like Race Driver 3. It was awesome having such a huge range of Aussie circuits to drive on.

One more question for @IanBell: Will the historic Spa circuit that failed to make it to Pcars 1 make it to Pcars 2?

Back