Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

Discussion in 'Project CARS 2' started by jake2013guy, Feb 19, 2016.

1. nrosko

nrosko

Yes i hope they add cars to 90s GT1 maybe the Porsche as well as keeping the F1.

Some classic 60s 70s 80s LM cars, touring, G5 & rally cars & will throw my money at them just to sit in the cars in VR.

ManuBicht likes this.
  2. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

Wow, this thread has exploded lately. It's fantastic to see so many people asking questions and contributing to the discussion. If only it was the same for GT Sport...

@IanBell, what are you planning to do with DLC? The DLC program you had in PCars 1 was fantastic and I would love to see something similar in PCars 2.

Turnaround, breyzipp and Johnnypenso like this.
  3. IanBell

IanBell Premium

Yes old, on an underpowered machine and breaching NDA.

The Owl and blowfishrulez like this.
  4. IanBell

IanBell Premium

While I agree it was fantastic it nearly killed us :) The thing is we put lots of features in to each of the 11 releases, and those occasionally brought some bugs, while we were bug fixing the base game simultaneously. But we hit our target of DLC every month regardless.

I think this time we'll give ourselves a little more time per DLC pack. So most likely less packs, more content per pack.

5. ManuBicht

ManuBicht

doblocruiser likes this.
  6. CLowndes888

CLowndes888

That's totally reasonable, but what about pricing?

Johnnypenso likes this.
  7. ManuBicht

ManuBicht

@IanBell hello!

Just one question: targa florio?
    Greetings from Seville, Andalusia

breyzipp likes this.
  8. IanBell

IanBell Premium

We have absolutely no clue yet, sorry (we don't even know what will be in the packs yet). We like to be very competitive though as we were before.

djm99, ykiki, RomKnight and 9 others like this.
  9. girabyt3

girabyt3

I would suggest a few options since there's a few people who doesn't like DLCs. Sorry to say it, but it's the true, sir :/. Anyway!

1. Make them updates: Much like some games on the PS3 did, and it's a nice idea, but some just did it wrong.
    2. Free DLCs (just a few): A very humble one, since it's like giving them a little taste of bonus stuff.
    3. Season prizes: Give in some season events cars that are part of DLCs, would give the season events a feeling of "whose are the luckiest ones" as well, since they wouldn't know which car is the prize. Another idea, with this idea is to make car prizes random, to test the driver's luck ;)

10. crowhop

crowhop

Based on the content in the first game and what has been teased/leaked (Long Beach, Indy, Texas) for this new game, it seems you have a good relationship with IndyCar. As an American and fan of that series, I hope IndyCar seizes every opportunity they have with you all as I think gaming and fandom go hand in hand.

Can you comment on that relationship with IndyCar and what it might mean for us as far as additional content into the game goes?

ykiki, wicken, breyzipp and 4 others like this.
  11. numbnuts70

numbnuts70

I'm glad to hear that the wheel FFB will be less complicated and more user friendly in Pcars 2.

Will the console versions have the same facility as the PC version where TT times can be filtered not only by track but by each car as well, as when checking times etc on different tracks, it only shows your ultimate fastest lap time.

I have the PC version as well as PS4 and find this feature really elevates the hot-lapping aspect of the game on PC.

Also, will the replay viewing options be enhanced from Pcars1 and will we be able to download the top TT laps to scrutinise at our leisure?

As a TT'er, these are the things that I miss being able to view the most.

breyzipp likes this.
  12. Esgaloth

Esgaloth

*knocks on door*
    *person opens door*
    "Excuse me sir, do you have a moment to speak about our lord and savior @IanBell ?"

I can't even with this game I'm screaming!!!!

TexasTyme214 likes this.
  13. DesertPenguin09

DesertPenguin09 (Banned)

@IanBell Can we expect to see more tracks from Asia?

14. Theothermexic

Theothermexic

I just have a couple of quick questions:
    1. When you say that bathurst is all we get for Australia, did you mean just for the base game or dlc included? I apologise if you did already answer that, I may have missed it. Because if you managed to land circuit of Wales, maybe you could also be the first to get tailem bend. I'll provide a picture later to show why I feel it fits with the current circuits.

2. As both dirt and ovals appear to be full steam ahead, will we get dirt ovals? And at that, will it be base game?

I fully understand if you cannot answer either of those, but it's quite sad that toca 3 was the last time us console players got to see Australian circuits that aren't bathurst, Phillip Island, or Albert Park. So if anyone was to make it happen I'd want it to be SMS

ykiki and Wolfe like this.
  15. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The NDA breaches must be very frustrating for SMS and they could be understandably PO'd.

Can the flip side however there is confirmation that my all-time favourite racecar, the Toyota TS020 GT-one, is on the way to PCars2. It will spend a lot of time being pounded round Circuit de Le Sarthe where I will take the 24h du Mans victory we were so close to in 1998!

The turbo wastegate sound effect is far too exaggerated and needs to be dialled back significantly though.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    TexasTyme214 and curtis 1-8-7 like this.
  16. azidahaka

azidahaka

As a semi-pro photographer I'm always astonished of what freedoom and risks the foto and video operators were allowed to take.

I think it took no less balls to be on that hanging structure with lmp running below, than it took for being inside the car racing.

@IanBell
    Any chances for a hot seat mode for console? The game seems tailored for endurance racing and I presume that on console a hot swap while in pits with a psn or xblive friend could be doable and would be a crazy feature that may bring a new experience to racing sims.

And would allow for people from different timezones to join up to complete a 24h race actively encouraging teamplay on the raising e-sport world...

It would be amazing altought in this case a nightmare to make it work on pc (got once something easier on console lol).

Thanks.

17. NaRP

NaRP

Ian, take your time to avoid bugs in DLC and make best content. it's all people want.
    for example : today AC packs come out with bugs...no way here.
    i had seen 3 months each, but more...if content needs it !
    So, no option for you : more time more beautiful content, but no bugs ;-)
    and very thanks for your work. :cheers:

Krambolage and IanBell like this.
  18. GAVRA1991

GAVRA1991

So there won't be Monza, Spa, Sakitto and Sonoma? These are important tracks that must to be in a racing game

19. GAVRA1991

GAVRA1991

For sponshorship i mean a sort of help for example like commentators who broadcast races for us

20. Masscot

Masscot

Very positive impressions (and a couple of whinges) from a user on the Sector 3 forums:

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/the-project-cars-thread.1073/page-24#post-104596

21. isamu

isamu

Oh God....can you imagine Targa Florio and Dundrod in the same game, all done up with next gen graphics....in the Oculus Rift? :drool:

ManuBicht likes this.
  22. NaRP

NaRP

in 2017/2018 : i want to play every day in Pcars2, because this will be my favorite simulation :crazy:

Some things i want to see if possible

GUI:

- Car Setup is available during all races/championship, without exit a race.
    - simpler car choice system and simpler livery choice system
    bugs : - Steam Profile is secured/backup, to avoid restarting the entire career, losing all settings, all options.
    SETUPS
    - create/edit multiple setups per car per track
    - make the current PCars1 summarized setup as the primary way
    - add/clarify setup help text (I've played 600+ hours, and always not clear)
    - save any amount of setups
    CAREER:
    - More interesting trophees or collectibles, like specials liveries or sponsor to unlock, specials parts or prototype cars.
    MODS:
    - addition of mods don’t destroy the steam profile.
    LIVERY:
    - high resolution liveries available. Actual default size is 1024*1024, and have "Poorly defined textures and draws".
    i wish a default 2048*2048 size or 4096*4096.
    - Custom liveries, viewable for all, are shared for all. Ex : Last NFS 2015-6.
    WEATHER:
    - Windshields/Windscreens become dirty (rain, dust) as the race progresses, or because of projections from other competitors.
    - The rain goes in the direction of the car : G-effect.
    PIT STOP GUYS / GRID GIRLS:
    - for championship, if exist, guys change the tires, put gasoline and wash the windshields.
    - Pit girls for rallyCross Championship minimum, as exist in real Championship. As NFS Shift1&2, but more beautiful :censored:
    AI:
    - punish AI's off-track driving and contact. Not exist actually.
    CHAMPIONSHIPS/RACES:
    - no auto-drive in pits.
    - Pace car exist and i can choose my car.
    - Saving a race is possible for long races : 6h, 24h.
    add:
    - Race in team, swap driver.
    MISC.:
    - Dirt, rain flow, Engine smoke is visible from the cockpit.
    - More Languages et voices available: Not Only English.
    - DirectX12/11 available.
    I know the devs want to emphasize on esports... Here are misc small ideas that, imho, might help
    - add more camera views/angles (mainly for replays and spectators).
    - add key mappings (and/or drop down menu) to those cameras so the spectator can directly select the view of his choice ; it'd hurt internet viewers' eyes if the spectator has to cycle through every views just to find the one he wants to display.
    - save the replay live so the spectator can rewind/forwaed action and review it at any time so she can watch incidents again and discuss it instantly/afterwards
    - make a key map to directly access a car which is an actor in a race event (pitting/incident)
    HELPS:
    - A real and usable help is available for all parts of game. Not a simple page with a little help.
    SEASON PASS/DEMO:
    - A season Pass available at day-one. Crazy ;-)
    - a Demo

23. IanBell

IanBell Premium

'''The Owl
    1. No
    2. What kind of sponsorship we're talking here ?
    3. Can't disclose
    4. Can't disclose
    5. No
    6. Can't disclose''

This is an example of why I don't answer certain questions :) It's all good Bruno, I've got it. As before, we can't answer all questions and no specifics on content.

The Owl, sgohsixthree and BrainsBush like this.
  24. AMR Matthijs

AMR Matthijs

@IanBell

Could you disclose if Project Cars will feature a tie-in with the World Endurance Championship? Will all GTE-Pro and LMP1 cars be featured in the game?

Thanks!

SK8RBOI, fortbo and ManuBicht like this.
  25. IanBell

IanBell Premium

26. LGee19

LGee19

@IanBell will there be a driver swap feature for online races?

SK8RBOI likes this.
  27. IanBell

IanBell Premium

It's being worked on so I 'hope' we can get it in for ship. If not it will come in a free update.

hellZfirE, RomKnight, Pubs16 and 20 others like this.
  28. LGee19

LGee19

This is the best news ive heard all day! Thank you @IanBell for your reply and cant wait to do a driver swap in a free update at the worst :lol:

azidahaka, F1Racer68 and IanBell like this.
  29. LGee19

LGee19

How will the Driver swap work exactly?

30. AMR Matthijs

AMR Matthijs

@IanBell You said you managed to acquire an existing laser scan of Interlagos. Do studios such as yours buy these scans from companies or do you co-operate with other studios for the purposes of efficiency? How long would it typically take to scan and model a race track and is this time significantly shorter with drone scanning? (assuming it is a typical GP track)