Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
It was their 33rd attempt to win Le Mans, they finally did it! The dream is finally freaking real! And it's history! Wuuuuuuuuuuu!

And if your desire to see a Toyota win isn't diluted by the fact that they had no competition in class, kudos to you! They didn't win Le Mans. They only finished it...

I can only imagine your excitement when a one legged man wins the Boston Marathon due to no-one else showing up at all!

And if your desire to see a Toyota win isn't diluted by the fact that they had no competition in class, kudos to you! They didn't win Le Mans. They only finished it...

I can only imagine your excitement when a one legged man wins the Boston Marathon due to no-one else showing up at all!
a) The Le Mans 24h is one of the oldest and most grueling test for man and machinery. Finishing it is actually a feat in itself, as seen in the spirit of the 60 teams that took part this year. To finish first, you first have to finish.

b) It‘s not like Toyota was without a chance against the Audis and Porsches. Quite the opposite, the TS-050 was from the day it premiered possibly the fastest LMP1 on track. Remember last year, when Kobayashi curbed the competition in Qualifying with an overall lap record? If not for bad luck Toyota would have won the race arguably 3 times of the 4 last years.

c) Their pace was magnificent and their cars ran flawlessly (not counting the human error for a missed pit stop on the #7 car). If not for the above average amount of slow zones and safety car interruptions they could have beaten the total distance record.

d) Porsche (in the 80s) and Audi (in the early 00s) both had years of having no serious competition from other manufacturers/teams. Yet today no one doubts the success they had.

e) Even attempting a marathon is an accomplishment. No matter the personal condition. Finishing one is an achievement.

To the guys playing with a controller, do you have tips on setting it up? I've been playing around a lot but can't find anything that fits. I feel like on the straights steering is way too sensitive and then in the corners it doesn't seem direct at all. Tough to explain, but it's very hard for me to exactly control where I'm going.

To the guys playing with a controller, do you have tips on setting it up? I've been playing around a lot but can't find anything that fits. I feel like on the straights steering is way too sensitive and then in the corners it doesn't seem direct at all. Tough to explain, but it's very hard for me to exactly control where I'm going.

Try this settings

Also here are my :)
Project_CARS_2_20180620083441.png
Project_CARS_2_20180620083449.png

Question about upgrading my pc.

My current pc is a dell inspiron-3847

specs
Intel Dual Core i3
8GB
DDR3
1600 MHz
1TB hdd
Intel HD graphics 4400

if i upgrade to 16gb and also this graphic card will it be good enough to run pc2?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DOFD0G8/?tag=gtplanet-20

No, sorry.
The minimum GPU requirement is a GTX680 which is roughly on par with a GTX770. A GT710 is not a gaming GPU at all and barely an upgrade to your Intel 4400 graphics unit.

An Intel Core i3 is also way below minimum spec tbh. You'd need at least a CPU with 4 real cores to be able to run the game smoothly.

@zaxs this is what I'm using now, seems to work ok, might need a little refining though:

Immersive 75/75/50/15

Let me know what you think?

Thanks for sharing!

For now, and I wasn't playing a lot bcs of World Cup, but this isn't so good as before.

Your settings and 5.0 were so good and now they have mixed it up way too much with 6.0 update...

Not sure do you have it, but everything close to Assetto Corsa feel would be great!

No, sorry.
The minimum GPU requirement is a GTX680 which is roughly on par with a GTX770. A GT710 is not a gaming GPU at all and barely an upgrade to your Intel 4400 graphics unit.

An Intel Core i3 is also way below minimum spec tbh. You'd need at least a CPU with 4 real cores to be able to run the game smoothly.
:(

Guess i'll just save up for a gaming pc them.

Thanks for sharing!

For now, and I wasn't playing a lot bcs of World Cup, but this isn't so good as before.

Your settings and 5.0 were so good and now they have mixed it up way too much with 6.0 update...

Not sure do you have it, but everything close to Assetto Corsa feel would be great!

I've been playing around with settings again today.

Try Informative 75/80/5/0

My new settings and they feel quite good now

So more dumb question time....maybe people who has played this more would know...

Does the wheel camber in this game looks wrong in replay? This car has 3.5* of static camber in the setup with like 8* of caster, it should not look like it has positive camber like in this pic...

qllZamtKqYU77wC5Mr7jttKDW9kOjGQV-GPcyYVngOWskLc7U5yw9kBy-JOrvvi8DejygdF6s0yKw1B94pi_kXOe54vX0sfJW5MtcEfb6HxyvSP_MWNHuo3xSA_zUNKVxmh2UBMoSDLCs2giudVzGthPqyPyIxty1tYzKy07D7WlNhwNvKBuU0t5yw4Ft3Xk7S07ET3pZigt8Hu85guG8qQKOeea3CHffjNcAYEGuNI4lpUtd7197Jmf1kx1-qGL4mZTsqCCQicOCu3T4nNUUU9jmZ_tcczDPrmb13R5Ha8_3Co0a_9wpBbpsQ58n6l5r2oOdaKVYTigdJwOemzzYgLQD68Fbgas9dr4lfnate_IdOPN0WtTbMJs5RbTXI-DisTq-cdrD8_IbnaT4_GZ1d3o503gwXKUW73RuMr1wvb5JL8lHqO-gpv8UzkPhpqWTH0qK8CAAdsnEiiq9Ru8PzMeoqWxmD10Az4LAeekEievwnLFvp0d3MJpsBiUoqKJtrGmWRYv3J2LWEYZFu4OiRuYWaaP8tprZh4BGm21ms4XPXrmCE3KySDWsnC9QVN6ub-D--GRESi6-5wN_EtsJw6gS0M-CZ-swKR9B4ot=w2224-h1250-no

So more dumb question time....maybe people who has played this more would know...

Does the wheel camber in this game looks wrong in replay? This car has 3.5* of static camber in the setup with like 8* of caster, it should not look like it has positive camber like in this pic...

qllZamtKqYU77wC5Mr7jttKDW9kOjGQV-GPcyYVngOWskLc7U5yw9kBy-JOrvvi8DejygdF6s0yKw1B94pi_kXOe54vX0sfJW5MtcEfb6HxyvSP_MWNHuo3xSA_zUNKVxmh2UBMoSDLCs2giudVzGthPqyPyIxty1tYzKy07D7WlNhwNvKBuU0t5yw4Ft3Xk7S07ET3pZigt8Hu85guG8qQKOeea3CHffjNcAYEGuNI4lpUtd7197Jmf1kx1-qGL4mZTsqCCQicOCu3T4nNUUU9jmZ_tcczDPrmb13R5Ha8_3Co0a_9wpBbpsQ58n6l5r2oOdaKVYTigdJwOemzzYgLQD68Fbgas9dr4lfnate_IdOPN0WtTbMJs5RbTXI-DisTq-cdrD8_IbnaT4_GZ1d3o503gwXKUW73RuMr1wvb5JL8lHqO-gpv8UzkPhpqWTH0qK8CAAdsnEiiq9Ru8PzMeoqWxmD10Az4LAeekEievwnLFvp0d3MJpsBiUoqKJtrGmWRYv3J2LWEYZFu4OiRuYWaaP8tprZh4BGm21ms4XPXrmCE3KySDWsnC9QVN6ub-D--GRESi6-5wN_EtsJw6gS0M-CZ-swKR9B4ot=w2224-h1250-no
Don't believe any car setup changes actually show in replay

I'm mainly a offline guy and I haven't tried to even look for a online room since the 1st month the game was out. But every now and then I got a friend that I was race with and we'll throw in AI and my god the online just has so many problems. Sometimes the full field ain't in, sometimes the AI will not go under the formation lap, you can set your pit strategy up for you to take all tires and then when you pit they don't give you the tires and it's just a bunch of other problems. I don't experience any of these problems offline. The online has potential to be good but they gotta get those problems fixed. My friend always ask me do I wanna race him on this game and im always hesitant to say yes because of the issues I just named. Its ridiculous. And they came out with what.... 5 patches since the game been out? I really thought it would've been a smooth experience this time around.

I'm mainly a offline guy and I haven't tried to even look for a online room since the 1st month the game was out. But every now and then I got a friend that I was race with and we'll throw in AI and my god the online just has so many problems. Sometimes the full field ain't in, sometimes the AI will not go under the formation lap, you can set your pit strategy up for you to take all tires and then when you pit they don't give you the tires and it's just a bunch of other problems. I don't experience any of these problems offline. The online has potential to be good but they gotta get those problems fixed. My friend always ask me do I wanna race him on this game and im always hesitant to say yes because of the issues I just named. Its ridiculous. And they came out with what.... 5 patches since the game been out? I really thought it would've been a smooth experience this time around.

I rarely experience any problems with online and host league races twice a week. I keep it simple which possibly helps the game - default setups, no pit stops, fuel and tyre wear off, but we do run weather and time transitions. We are currently running 1970 and 1967 WSCC seasons. The 1970 is full, but the 1967 on Monday evenings (20:30 BST) has a few spaces if anyone is available and interested - just click on the blue links in my signature for more information.

1967 Le Mans Poster.jpg
1967 Track List.jpg

As i told @pyrates i'm on a mission to lap vintage le man 10,000 times in total in private testing with screenshot proof.

The car i'll be using and only counting laps from is the GTR :embarrassed::)

You can see how many laps i done so far in my signature.

By the way 10,000 laps around vintage le man is 83,600 miles:crazy:

Edit - throughout a year not all at once :lol:

Last edited:
As i told @pyrates i'm on a mission to lap vintage le man 10,000 times in private testing with screenshot proof.

The car i'll be using and only counting laps from is the GTR :embarrassed::)

You can see how many laps i done so far in my signature.

By the way 10,000 laps around vintage le man is 83,600 miles:crazy:

I actually tried your P1 GTR today for the first time. Took it for a spin at Imola without using KERS or DRS though. That thing is insane but a lot of fun. :D

I actually tried your P1 GTR today for the first time. Took it for a spin at Imola without using KERS or DRS though. That thing is insane but a lot of fun. :D
Glad to hear you liked it :)

Also how did you stop the KERS from running out? Its automatic on gtr

Glad to hear you liked it :)

Also how did you stop the KERS from running out? Its automatic on gtr

Oh is it? I did a couple of laps in time trial mode and the bar didn't decrease so I assumed it would need to be triggered manually.

Back