Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Mine is set to 45. But before you start panicking, I'm permanently on a wheel though. :)

Anyway I've got jars full of nuts and bolts.
Why do you use speed sensitivity with a wheel?

I leave mine at 0 because I find it dampens the input which leads to the car not doing what I want it to do.

I know default is 10 but don't really know why anyone would use it when you have so much control with a wheel.

I think that the controller damping might benefit from an extra slider regarding a sort of input return spring (here me out before you attack me), at the moment controller damping works 1 of 2 ways only, softening your input but at the same time reducing the countersteer speed or the opposite of this is quick inputs followed by a sort of snap oversteer effect as you try to countersteer.

Now imagine if you could steer softly but counter quickly to catch a slide or steer quickly to induce a slide & counter softly to control it (rallying purposes I suppose).
I agree that the steering logic still needs some work in balancing turn-in with countersteer ability. You should not have to compromise between turn-in twitchiness and being able to get sufficient countersteer in a timely manner. There's no reason for it.

Opposite Lock Assist, it's like Marmite, you love it or you hate it.

I know some of you love it but personally I hate it, I understand what it's supposed to do but I don't like the way it's implemented, it's either on or off & when it's on it's computer controlled like steering/braking assist.

If this was implemented as a opposite lock speed/damping 0-100% slider & we were in control of it (not the computer), I think it would function better & possibly replace my 1st idea of dual damping sliders.
I disagree that it is equatable to a steering/braking assist. Maybe the nature of the assist varies depending on your steering settings? Because on my setup, all it does is feed in a modest amount of countersteer -- in effect, similar to self-aligning torque on a wheel -- as a "center point" from which you can either add more countersteer or straighten out the wheel manually. It is quite useful and welcome, and does not sacrifice control.

Anyway, I do agree that an adjustable slider would be useful to tweak the strength of the effect. In fact, I don't think it even belongs in the assists menu. It belongs in the controller setup menu next to speed sensitivity and dampening.

Speed sensitivity.

This has been discussed before somewhere in the past but anyways.

A slider 0-100 hmm, I will bet my left nut that no one uses 0-49 on this slider (you watch all these pad users come out the woodwork now stating otherwise), bye bye funbag.

If SMS (within the base config files) could effectively wipe/get rid of the 0-49 range then stretch the 50-100 range so 50 becomes 0, 75 becomes 50, 100 would still be 100, it would allow controller users a bit more refinement, whether that would help or not I don't know.
As it is, the slider is practically useless, because 75 is the only valid setting for countersteer across all disciplines -- the "Goldilocks" number. Lower settings overcorrect, and higher settings won't allow you to correct a slide. So I have no suggestions for what to do with the scale until they improve how countersteer works. :)

Seriously starting to not like that forum :mad:

Makes a claim that he did 2 full laps around Nurburgring GP with the fxxk before it ran out of krs when it fact it doesn't get that far before it does.

and here is video proof of that

Hopefully i don't get ban over there since its a fun place sometimes.

But its still not right to make fails claims and then call me out cause i show video proof that he was lying.

And you expect us to care because...? I had a quick read and it was toxic from all sides. But I don't care enough to get involved.

I find it possibly makes the cars less twitchy on high speed straights, especially bumpier ones. The G29 has a ffb light spot around it centre position. I don't seem to notice any difference at lower speeds.

And.... Actually I got it wrong. It's set to 55 not 45. I think the default is 50. So you can keep your nuts and bolts for a bit longer. ;)

I leave mine at 0 because I find it dampens the input which leads to the car not doing what I want it to do.

I know default is 10 but don't really know why anyone would use it when you have so much control with a wheel.
Speed sensitivity can help with some of the trickier cars on ovals for example. I find the Ford Fusion stock car is easier to keep straight with a tweak to speed sensitivity.

Speed sensitivity can help with some of the trickier cars on ovals for example. I find the Ford Fusion stock car is easier to keep straight with a tweak to speed sensitivity.
Ahh, I see.

I Will have to try it again.

Maybe this is what speed sensitivity on a control pad should've been like, instead of actually limiting the speed you can turn at high speed, so like a wheel you can still turn left & right quickly but it just reduces the effect on the car at high speed.

Just got my makeshift button box :)
51rODmYbzvL._AC_SY400_.jpg

I've got an old satnav holder to use so I can mount it onto my makeshift rig :)
20180908_124237.jpg

Personally i gotten to the point where i just don't care about driving any other car but the p1 gtr even if i put a million miles on the thing. :crazy::embarrassed::D:)

Anywho here its a gtr gif :)

anything about this?
Interesting! There's still development going on then. From the brief description it doesn't sound very console friendly though. Unless there's a striped down version of coarse.

PCP; isn't that a drug? A bit like the current version then since I have to get a regular fix.

It's a professional version of PCARS for the Automotive industry: https://www.slightlymadstudios.com/pcarspro-porsche/

Using Project CARS Pro in the unveiling experience of the new Porsche 911 Carrera S is very special for us,” said Stephen Viljoen, Chief Commercial Officer at Slightly Mad Studios. “We’re developing the professional version of Project CARS for the automotive world to deliver a unique and distinct product with the ability to create unparalleled client experiences, and working with Porsche on this project, utilizing our professional simulation product before its official debut in 2019, is very exciting!

Back