Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
Perhaps I missed some earlier posts because all I've seen mentioned is the back flames.

But now that you clarified of course it's going to be a better looking model in gts than pc2. Most are going to be, overall the graphics are better
Really has nothing to do with graphics, its the little touches that makes the p1 gtr model in gts stand above the one in pcars 2, but it really doesn't surprise me we're are talking about pd here and there master when it comes to car modeling.

Really has nothing to do with graphics, its the little touches that makes the p1 gtr model in gts stand above the one in pcars 2, but it really doesn't surprise me we're are talking about pd here and there master when it comes to car modeling.
Care to elaborate? I haven't driven the p1 gtr in GtS so I'm curious

Really has nothing to do with graphics, its the little touches that makes the p1 gtr model in gts stand above the one in pcars 2
To be honest, I'm not surprised. When you look into the really little and small things, that's where PD thrive. If they put that attention to detail into something like ToD or weather, I think they can create something great. But the issue is, they don't and that's where SMS pick up the pieces for me.

The little things are just that... little things.

It's like comparing the woodgrain on a golf club in a golf game, when one golf game has accurate ball flight physics and accurate interaction with the wind and terrain and the other one doesn't.

You've got to be pretty monomaniacal to care more about the woodgrain than the rest of it!

Oh, it's definitely the End Times! I'm agreeing with Jake again! :cheers:

This may be one of the times when not caring about the little things on the P1, but caring a lot more about your braking points comes in handy! :sly:
You base that on a 17 second gif that gives you 0 clues on why i miss that braking zone :rolleyes:

Dude stop quoting me or replying to me i'm done with you :crazy:

Go back to 🤬 about how broken pcars 2 online system is ;)

Last edited:
So i did the math and it would take you at least 5 to 6 hours to complete 1000 laps around KnockHill Tri Oval :crazy:

That's of course if you survive and don't get dizzy or sick from going around and around and around for so long :lol::crazy:

I tried it with the gtr and i got to 210 laps but started to get dizzy.

So i did the math and it would take you at least 5 to 6 hours to complete 1000 laps around KnockHill Tri Oval :crazy:

That's of course if you survive and don't get dizzy or sick from going around and around and around for so long :lol::crazy:

I tried it with the gtr and i got to 210 laps but started to get dizzy.
I'm more intrigued why you calculated this.

Someone has to try it or else will never know if the lap counter goes up to 1000
Are you trying to break the time space continuum!? :P

Anyway it's easy, you just need to do one lap in reverse and the counter will go back to 999. Probably. ;)

Although we did expect this I'm still a bit disappointed. The only sort of game breaking issue for me still in the game is the random weather feature which I can't work around since I don't have a laptop or pc that has windows 10.

Now if we are right assuming PC3 will come to the next console generation that's going to be an awful long time with no news and / or updates to the current game. Still not sure whether that is the best way to get people excited for PC3.

Yeh, don't get me wrong I still deeply enjoy this game & will do for a long time yet, I'm just a bit disappointed if that info is true (plus a bit of OCD) you can't end a game on 1.7 :lol:

It's a bit like decorating a house with 2 little kids living in it, after a year there's loads of dirty hand prints about a metre up the walls everywhere so you give it a lick of paint to tidy things up a bit.

They put out some good post launch content. I don't play much multiplayer so I'm sorry for those that feel the game needs more updates.
However since pc2 is so far away, possibly around two years it wouldn't hurt them to dedicate a small team to continue pc2 post launch support. Even something like every four months. Maybe just to appease these folks that are having issues online in good faith.
I've given up on hoping for an update on Sebring and offline custom grid/championships update rolling out for pc2 but that doesn't mean updates to improve online stability should not be possible.

That's a really bad move to say something like that. Better to not say anything at all...
Yet if they don't say anything, some people accuse of "not saying anything, we deserve to know" ;). They can't win.

Despite it appearing to be "the end of the road", in terms of support and fixes, there are still a hell of a lot of things to enjoy in pCARS2. Of course, if all you do is run leagues and multiplayer races, then I'm sure it's not quite so much fun and maybe time to move on, knowing that whatever frustrations you have aren't going to be sorted.

I'll be watching from the wings, seeing what SMS bring along for pCARS3 (or whatever name it is given). It will certainly be interesting, especially as the whole sim genre will have moved on in the meantime.

Despite it appearing to be "the end of the road", in terms of support and fixes, there are still a hell of a lot of things to enjoy in pCARS2. Of course, if all you do is run leagues and multiplayer races, then I'm sure it's not quite so much fun and maybe time to move on, knowing that whatever frustrations you have aren't going to be sorted.

True, but is this what SMS had in their plans? I believe they had a fantastic chance with PCARS2 to get the big majority of racers to move to it sooner or later with all the incredible amount of content and features it offers, but now I agree most probably at least online players will star flocking to other sims. How many of those will it be possible to win back again and persuade them to go once more again to PCARS3? And will it only be online players?

Personally I hope the features, quality and hopefully much lower amount of bugs in PCARS3 will allow this to happen and make it a big success, and I hope I will still be able to find people in the coming years to race in PCARS2 against, but nevertheless the news that we will be officially left alone fighting with the well known bugs online for years to come is very disappointing...

True, but is this what SMS had in their plans? I believe they had a fantastic chance with PCARS2 to get the big majority of racers to move to it sooner or later with all the incredible amount of content and features it offers, but now I agree most probably at least online players will star flocking to other sims. How many of those will it be possible to win back again and persuade them to go once more again to PCARS3?
Who knows. Nobody knows what rFactor2 will be like in 2-3 years time, or iRacing or ACC or RRRE. Who knows what SMS will offer and/or how good or bad it will be at launch. All anybody can do is wait and see what they release and play it if they like it or not play it if they don't.

Could pCARS2 have been better? Of course. Would it have been nice if more time could have been spent on it? Of course. But we are where we are and people are free to either choose to play it, with whatever frustrations it may bring them, or play something else. Me? I've stopped playing racing sims full stop and as for games in other genres, I just don't play them if I don't enjoy them, whilst I'm sure many other people will be getting a lot of enjoyment out of them. And no, it wasn't problems in pCARS2 that stopped me playing sims - I had actually hoped ACC would rekindle my love for the genre but I utterly loathed the small amount of time I spent in it and that was the final straw. Maybe I'll give pCARS3 a whirl, on a controller, as and when it releases but I honestly doubt it. It won't, however, stop me wishing SMS well and hoping they do get to realise their goals. I've made a lot of friends through WMD - from members to SMS staff alike - and for that I will always look back fondly on the last 7 years so you'll have to excuse me if I tend to take the "optimistic" stand, because the last 7 years have been a hell of a ride :).

Good points...I am also not necessarily pessimistic, possibly with a fantastic PCARS3 they will indeed get everything right this time and gather then everybody to the absolute sim that PCARS2 could have been now. It's just annoying seeing that probably it wasn't much more polish needed to make already PCARS2 fantastic, with a little more bug/problem fixing we could have already now an amazing sim, while now we have an amazing sim plagued with several frustrating problems.

Anyway, for myself for as long as I find other good people racing in PCARS2, I will still be racing probably only in it, it's the only game I've played in the last year, and for almost 2000 hours from its release, no other sim I have found to be as thrilling (and buggy :)) as PCARS2 is. I wish you enjoy whatever stuff you do in your life beyond sim racing, I'm sure you'll have plenty other nice things to do!

Back