Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Last night I ride some laps with a TC car on Donington Park. I don´t know if someone else feels the same, but despite I´m running with a wheel, It´s hard to me take an apex with the right speed without blocking wheels or skidding. It only happens in this game, if I take AC or GTS feelings are different.

Which car? The BMW needs brake bias thrown much further to the rear (at around 42-58) to avoid those lockups. Same thing helps with the FWD TC cars as well (mostly the Renault), it's just not as critical as with the BMW.

@cpcdem I experience the same in all cars/categories. I used to ride with gt3 and felt the same.

So it could be a different issue. The setups are indeed almost all front rear biased, to make them easier to handle, but in most cars I do not think they are really a problem, except for the TC cars, also the GT5, and some more. For GT3s I think they are ok more or less. What happens if you pur brake bias to the rear, does it make you control the car better? If not, maybe you can post a video with you driving showing the problem?

As its cheap on PSN right now I decided to pick this up, I had not done so before, as I didn't really like the way SMS dealt with problems with paid for DLC on the PS4 version of PC1 i.e. not fixing stuff that they fixed on PC, not to mention invisible walls and land mines that ruined many a race, once bitten and all that...

I have been pleasantly surprised so far, spent a bit of time in private testing and a couple of custom races, and got a little besotted by the Ferrari F355 Challenge, the drive is simply brilliant, especially when using a H-pattern! Spent a few hours doing races at Long Beach and Sugo (replicating stuff from Sega''s F355 Challenge'), the most fun I have had in a racer for quite some time and worth the 20 quid outlay alone! :cool: I do need to dial the AI in to match my skill level, i started off way to conservative...

I was a little worried about the FFB rabbit hole, but tried the settings posted by @Scaff in another thread, and they work very well for me!

I guess coming to the game when it is ""complete" and cheap makes for a better experience 👍 ;)

Last edited:
Are the engine sounds good for most cars in cockpit and in replays, cause from videos I've seen some are terrible and it's hard to imagine even that they can think it's acceptable nowadays, even GTS and ride3 went from mediocre to great sounds, in cockpit and replays at least. For me assetto has fun believable sounds in many cars but some are bad really and synthetic.@IfAndOr @John Wells all who have pc2 what you think? Cause for me it's important and part of the fun feel.

what you think?
Videos tend to have compressed audio and are recorded in differing ways so aren't necessarily the best way to judge.

In answer to your question it all depends to what you're listening to PC2 with/through. The sounds on PC2 are more directional than in PC1 so can seem more muted. I have a separate surround sound amp and a large superwoofer so for the most part it sounds good to me. But others, possibly those using usb headphones (?), have complained. And I know that some of those that rely on low frequency effects for their seat rumblers loose out, but then again my woofer rumbles quite well to itself. (It's partly down to how the PS4 outputs its audio too)

Different views have differing sounds too. Exhaust notes being much louder and crisper from the chase cam and most noises more muffled using the interior views for instance.

(I tried out PC1 again recently and while I can't deny that the sounds were louder and with more bass they also seemed a bit more artificial to me. I think a lot depends on what people would like a racing game to sound like to what is actually realistic. Perhaps the developers should provide an option)

Videos tend to have compressed audio and are recorded in differing ways so aren't necessarily the best way to judge.

In answer to your question it all depends to what you're listening to PC2 with/through. The sounds on PC2 are more directional than in PC1 so can seem more muted. I have a separate surround sound amp and a large superwoofer so for the most part it sounds good to me. But others, possibly those using usb headphones (?), have complained. And I know that some of those that rely on low frequency effects for their seat rumblers loose out, but then again my woofer rumbles quite well to itself. (It's partly down to how the PS4 outputs its audio too)

Different views have differing sounds too. Exhaust notes being much louder and crisper from the chase cam and most noises more muffled using the interior views for instance.

(I tried out PC1 again recently and while I can't deny that the sounds were louder and with more bass they also seemed a bit more artificial to me. I think a lot depends on what people would like a racing game to sound like to what is actually realistic. Perhaps the developers should provide an option)
Thanks for nice explanation @IfAndOr, appreciate it. I understand yeah videos most times don't do justice to real sounds of a game. That's one reason i ask, also because of the number of cars in the game it's hard to start trying have a listen to each and find videos that have clear audio focused on engine and exhaust, cockpit and replay sounds etc.
I use good quality headphones and when a game has great sounds it shows right away and is amazing for me.
Yh i can understand wanting realistic versus wanting thrilling even if unreal but I'm pretty sure a ferrari from outside sounds thrilling in real and in the demo it sounds so weak. I don't know, maybe the game has not been adjusted to the ps4 or headphones.
In cockpit it does sound pretty realistic as far as i can imagine it. The lambo sounds synthetic from inside and outside, the renault 3.5 sounds good but seems simple and not complete to me. So i don't know if they were trying for a more complex sound design but it still in some ways not show and with a loss of feel grunt too. Yeah pc1 sounded grunty a little but yeah still sounds artificial mostly. I was surprised how ride3 helmet view is so natural real feeling even with the muted sound from in helmet. And gts sounds in cockpit and replays especially with volume up sounds nice. You think there is better settings to use for headphones on the ps4 and also in game in pc2 that help make it better? Maybe it's partly due to how pc2 emphasizes different sounds, but in the demo in replays you can see there is a general rumbling sound for all cars just for atmosphere and it's not each car individually or it's weak to say the least. Even if i off sounds of other cars that rumbling is still there so you can see its a fake general sound they put. Also weak doppler effect when a car passes near cam. That's one thing that feels great in gts replays. I tested many sound settings in pc2 demo and there's nothing there to make it stand out more and only shows more the weaknesses, was dissapointed by that.
Edit: looks like the deal you mentioned before is here now in North America. But need subscription for the good price so i need really be sure cause i dont play much onl and mostly pay psplus for the deals. I wouldn't mind trying with you guys sometimes but I'll be slow as hell for sure hehe. Too bad we have 10% tax now here too with all Sony store prices since this year in Qc, even for the subscription so its 77cad for a year. If i get pc2 I'll get the complete game for sure for 10$ more, for me the ferrari porsche and old lemans track are a must. It's 70% off now with psplus. By the way F1 2018 is 75% off if any is interested, me maybe I'll wait for 2019 ed. I liked the demo of 2018 but still needs improving. Well i just had a listen on youtube to pc2 sounds and they were nice for the most part in cockpit and outside. They were best of so i don't know if most sound as good. What i liked is how the cars reacted to a standing start, skidding sideways a little. There was an Audi that did sound same as a Lambo in outside view. Oh well, i know they did update many sounds to try improve them too. Ill probably get it, Tks again for reply.
Edit: now i had a listen to a video of the Porsche dlc cars and in replays it's pitifull lol hay too bad, they sound like vacuum cleaners like old Gran turismo games. Honestly how they can accept this especially a paid dlc and for such a brand, i dont know.
Now did listen a video of cockpit view of Porsche dlc, they sound ok, so mostly in replay it's really bad.

Last edited:
As its cheap on PSN right now I decided to pick this up, I had not done so before, as I didn't really like the way SMS dealt with problems with paid for DLC on the PS4 version of PC1 i.e. not fixing stuff that they fixed on PC, not to mention invisible walls and land mines that ruined many a race, once bitten and all that...

I have been pleasantly surprised so far, spent a bit of time in private testing and a couple of custom races, and got a little besotted by the Ferrari F355 Challenge, the drive is simply brilliant, especially when using a H-pattern! Spent a few hours doing races at Long Beach and Sugo (replicating stuff from Sega''s F355 Challenge'), the most fun I have had in a racer for quite some time and worth the 20 quid outlay alone! :cool: I do need to dial the AI in to match my skill level, i started off way to conservative...

I was a little worried about the FFB rabbit hole, but tried the settings posted by @Scaff in another thread, and they work very well for me!

I guess coming to the game when it is ""complete" and cheap makes for a better experience 👍 ;)

I bought it too on Friday. First thing after a bit of playing was my initial fears from the demo were confirmed; it's an eyesore, standard PS4. The asphalt looks really low detail too. I've not really felt the erge to load the game up, but I tried the 355 Challenge at Donington and it was really enjoyable. Oh and the Lotus 49 @spa historic. It may have been worth the buy just for that and the 355. I've not tried too many cars yet or started a career.
Are the engine sounds good for most cars in cockpit and in replays, cause from videos I've seen some are terrible and it's hard to imagine even that they can think it's acceptable nowadays, even GTS and ride3 went from mediocre to great sounds, in cockpit and replays at least. For me assetto has fun believable sounds in many cars but some are bad really and synthetic.@IfAndOr @John Wells all who have pc2 what you think? Cause for me it's important and part of the fun feel.

For me the sounds are disappointing. The Ferrari 355 does sound good though as the lotus 49. The sounds seam inconsistent.

Ill probably get it,
70% off is good.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I could get by with just the custom races alone. The AI is for the most part decent and you can have quite a few on track. Multi class as well.

Do you have somewhere like the CDkeys website that sells codes for reduced price psplus subscriptions. I see it would be the equivalent of 56cad for a USA 12 month sub!

maybe the game has not been adjusted to the ps4 or headphones.
Since the release of the demo they have fiddled with the sound via the patches. It did improve slightly with a new low frequency option. There is an headphone mix option too.
Is your PS4 set to output in stereo or surround sound?

70% off is good.
I don't think you'll be disappointed. I could get by with just the custom races alone. The AI is for the most part decent and you can have quite a few on track. Multi class as well.

Do you have somewhere like the CDkeys website that sells codes for reduced price psplus subscriptions. I see it would be the equivalent of 56cad for a USA 12 month sub!

Since the release of the demo they have fiddled with the sound via the patches. It did improve slightly with a new low frequency option. There is an headphone mix option too.
Is your PS4 set to output in stereo or surround sound?
Yeah i saw the discount for psn but it's only for usa it seems. I'm on Canada Qc. Not sure but probably stereo as my headphones are too. I'll have a check and try different settings later. Thanks, oh and I'd be worried to mess up anyone's race if ever i did try onl hehe. I dont have much experience online really. I'll report here on my trying sound settings on ps4 and the game itself.

@lancia delta hf quote:
For me the sounds are disappointing. The Ferrari 355 does sound good though as the lotus 49. The sounds seam inconsistent

Yeah too bad for that.

Last edited:
The graphics were better than expected for me, also better than I remember from the demo, I am on a PS4 Pro, and a HDR capable TV.

I am not one for noticing details, just focused I trying to hit the apex ;)

Inspired by the N24 quali race, I jumped into the Bentley GT3 and hit the N24 layout, suffered what can only be described as a blow over at Flug Platz which was a surprise!! The car literally stood on its diffuser!. Whilst we all know a blow over is possible here it felt more like a bug as slamming on the brakes being the nose down, racing 1/10 off road RC cars I know this is also a thing but not to this extent

I tried several other GT3 cars and none went as crazy as the Bentley so maybe just a problem
car?!.

This game also reminded me that I really enjoy tinkering with car setup, just getting the tyre pressures right made me smile :)

I also really enjoy being able to switch the HUD off use the in car displays to get the information I need...

Still having fun over here! :)

I could get by with just the custom races alone
Is There custom championships as well like in Ac? I just tried the pc2 demo again since a while, with the ferrari, well it feels great in the rain, i can save it from skids except sometimes if hit a puddle but that's one thing suspect for sure about it because even you're in the pits going 20mph and not braking or accelerating it spins lol common, how deep is that puddle and I'm on rain tires of course, and in slow curves even if just the inside tire hits it. Also it looks great and smooth on my standard ps4 in cockpit gameplay and front back views. And sounds decent in cockpit too. So at least i still love my settings and the demo. Didn't try yet the sounds settings.
Edit: well i did check now but not much settings really to test, no difference with the lfe setting or headphone. I did find impressive the cockpit sounds in a YouTube video i saw it was urban chaos 2.0 name i think, title most immersive impressive sounds pc2, something like that. Maybe it's better on pc i dont know. I know that for me the sounds count much more than the looks, well except for the perspective and movement of course, as it is part of the feel of what you're driving and doing. I re-tried the lambo and got to admit though the track and lighting look great and clean in gameplay.

Last edited:
What other cars did you try it with? Apart from the Bentley and BMW M6, iirc all the other GT3 cars are rear-mid or rear engine.

Porsche 911 GT3 R, Nissan GT3, BMW M6 GT3, and of course the Bentley.

It was with varying levels of fuel, but the Bentley was the only one that went vertical, meaning I had to think about how I approached the crest far more.

Ripper I don't have AC, or GT Sport, my headphones sound okay with PC2. All Classic Lotus's sound good, Classic LM Cars Ford GT40, 917 etc. Ford Mustang, you can here engine, idling, away, whilst still in the garage. Some are better than others, but once find the cars sound good to you, its much improved.:)

Ripper I don't have AC, or GT Sport, my headphones sound okay with PC2. All Classic Lotus's sound good, Classic LM Cars Ford GT40, 917 etc. Ford Mustang, you can here engine, idling, away, whilst still in the garage. Some are better than others, but once find the cars sound good to you, its much improved.:)
Thank you sir John, im pretty sure I'll get it.:D:) i tried the renaud 3.5 now and yeah i love the detail in feel and all, just a little bit weird sometimes on the physics, hard to put my finger on it, like artificial sometimes and not a real physicality, the heavy sliding mostly and recovery of grip, or maybe I'm imagining too much. I did set it to be lively and dynamic, same for the other 2 in the demo, i like it even if could mean slower in the end maybe but i like to feel it well. Might aswell get the complete version for sure for 12cad more. Also i mostly use cockpit view but i like the renaud 3rd person view and see the tires react to the track from the look and sound of them, to appreciate the physics and tire model aswell as the track detail iiself. Also nice to see the car unsettled when damaged. Yeah i break them a little heheh. Well also that car sounds pretty damn good from outside, looks nice too. So it means the sound settings aren't at fault here i guess and its just a varying between cars mix of audio. Im having fun so it's good enough at that price. Nice to see even fallen parts react with believable physics, especially rolling tires when you give them a nudge. And the reaction of the car when lost a wheel and u try move it in 3rd person cam.

Last edited:
Grr i was typing and before i finished my cell crashed. Ok, i was saying a psa or hint to save a little in case some didnt notice it. If u buy on sony store a 1 year psplus sub directly with your cc or redeemed sony cash cards in canada qc or maybe any place that has tax now, here its 10%, you will be charged 10% or 7cad$ more on your 70$ 1 year sub price. But if you buy a 1year psplus sub membership redeem card in a convenience store there is no tax. Just 70$, so at least you save 7$.

Did a little tweaking again on my ffb in the demo to try feel it even better before taking the pludge and buying pc2. I did up the tone a bit cause i was feeling a little too much the details of the road from the suspension and not enough the effects of the tire force and slip on the steering. Even better now, im almost ready haha.

For any who has both pcars2 and assetto, is there tracks you feel the car jumping skidding and regripping over bumps in pcars2 like in assetto? I just have the demo of pcars2 and the track is so smooth like an ice rink. I just drove in mugello in assetto again and its so fun feel the car skidding over the bumps. The f2004 is crazy fun fast. The sound of a.i. cars when they pass you when you've slowed down is crazy too, scary. Oups double post.sorry. not sure how to fix it.

For any who has both pcars2 and assetto, is there tracks you feel the car jumping skidding and regripping over bumps in pcars2 like in assetto? I just have the demo of pcars2 and the track is so smooth like an ice rink. I just drove in mugello in assetto again and its so fun feel the car skidding over the bumps. The f2004 is crazy fun fast. The sound of a.i. cars when they pass you when you've slowed down is crazy too, scary. Oups double post.sorry. not sure how to fix it.
Depends on the track. Some tracks are better in PC2 and some better in AC. Same goes for the cars. Perhaps 'better' is the wrong word here. 'Different' is more appropriate in most cases I think.

I seem to recall the track in PC2 demo is the Red Bull Ring. That is a very smooth track in real life also. It's been a while since I drove round there on AC - perhaps I'll give it a go.

Over 3 hours now and still at 72%... :banghead:
Wow really lol. I been thinking when ill get it. Better i wait in eve to let it download and install at night if i do.
I've been tryin assetto and thinking if i really need pcars2 or its just spoiling myself. Still feels more physical and real in ac i dont know. Im sure ill have lots of fun with it but i feel guilty spending on this hehe. Also hve to renew psplus forcthe good price.

Last edited:
Back