Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
I wish they hadn't taken away the Caterham Classic. The physics in PCARS2 could really do it justice.
Or the Ariels. They were a lot of fun in PC1 so I was disappointed when they didn't reappear in 2

Interesting.

I just booted it up with my Fanatec and with driving assists set to "full" and when I press the button to change ABS or TCS it says "N/A" and keeps the light on
Hmm strange, you haven't set any pre-baked category rules by any chance?

I just booted it up with my Fanatec and with driving assists set to "full" and when I press the button to change ABS or TCS it says "N/A" and keeps the light on
I've just tried this out*. To toggle ABS or TCS on and off you first need to switch the SC off - since they are tied into it. On cars without SC (or if you haven't forced it on) you should be able to toggle normally.

* And found a new favourite car. The Ferrari F12tdf. It's excellent. I love that it has a speed display on the passengers side, probably to scare them!

Last edited:
I've just tried this out*. To toggle ABS or TCS on and off you first need to switch the SC off - since they are tied into it. On cars without SC (or if you haven't forced it on) you should be able to toggle normally.

* And found a new favourite car. The Ferrari F12tdf. It's excellent. I love that it has a speed display on the passengers side, probably to scare them!
Thanks will try

I had a good day of online racing today in a GTE lobby today. After 4 nice races most guys quit and I tried another one which turned into an old fashioned turn 1 disaster. Tonight I joined the guys from 10tenths for a good race at Silverstone.

One frustrating point was the well noticable lag that occured when someone left the session, especially annoying when you have to brake at that moment.

Has the PS4 version improved? I already have the XB1 game. Thinking about getting the PS4 version just for the TCC Class.

Has the PS4 version improved? I already have the XB1 game. Thinking about getting the PS4 version just for the TCC Class.
I guess the question would be since when. There have been no more updates since the last time all the 3 platforms got updated and now of course we know the game is end of support.

I guess the question would be since when. There have been no more updates since the last time all the 3 platforms got updated and now of course we know the game is end of support.
Well, that answers that. Other than a pc(which I don't have set up for games), Forza and PC2 are the only games with touring cars. Assetro Corsa has a couple older cars and the TT Cup, but I haven't played that in ages.

If I could select just the FF cars in GT SPORT, that'd make a difference. Both GTS and PC2 have the same number of psuedo-"touring cars", if you will. However, still not the same as PC2 with more options(not counting Clio Cup and Vintage Touring) across the board.

@05RX8 -- Based on what I've read it seems like the best experience goes in the order of PC>XBX>PS4P>PS4>XBO (if that wasn't obvious, I guess?), but I don't have an XBone and don't care about keeping up with the PC hardware treadmill anymore so I couldn't tell you from experience. :)

@05RX8 -- Based on what I've read it seems like the best experience goes in the order of PC>XBX>PS4P>PS4>XBO (if that wasn't obvious, I guess?), but I don't have an XBone and don't care about keeping up with the PC hardware treadmill anymore so I couldn't tell you from experience. :)
Okay, then. I have the normal PS4. If it's slightly better than my XBO, that's good. I prefer the XB controller. I'm on GT SPORT so much, I'd rather switch games on the same console(XB is hooked up to the main tv).

Just out of curiosity, if I wanted to get a computer that could play this game maxed out, what specs would I need and what would it cost me (in USD)? I currently play on XB1X and have to lug my wheel up from the basement when I want to play. I would love to have a dedicated setup/almost driving rig.

Thought I'd share a suggestion here for people that struggle to find good online lobbies. Add those you have good racing with as friends, it helped we a lot over the past weeks. It's still difficult to find a lobby with other cars as GT3 or GTE but it's a start.

Thought I'd share a suggestion here for people that struggle to find good online lobbies. Add those you have good racing with as friends, it helped we a lot over the past weeks. It's still difficult to find a lobby with other cars as GT3 or GTE but it's a start.
Please add me. My PSN name is the same as here: slthree

I have made several friends from this site but they're mostly in Europe so it's hard to race with them.

I'm slow but I'm clean

Please add me. My PSN name is the same as here: slthree

I have made several friends from this site but they're mostly in Europe so it's hard to race with them.

I'm slow but I'm clean

On a completely unrelated note: It's impossible for me to miss the flag in the background of your avatar. I hope you enjoyed your stay :cheers:

Just out of curiosity, if I wanted to get a computer that could play this game maxed out, what specs would I need and what would it cost me (in USD)? I currently play on XB1X and have to lug my wheel up from the basement when I want to play. I would love to have a dedicated setup/almost driving rig.

That's a skies the limit question but here's my build specs that handle it maxed 2560x1080.

I don't know about VR or 1440p.

1070ti
i5 8400
B360 Mobo
16gb ram

Cost me $1100, it was my first build.
I haven't checked prices in awhile may be a bit cheaper now.

Before that I had a 1050ti, G4560 that could not handle ultra, but did pretty good on medium/high at 2560x1080.

I also have an Xbox one X, which runs almost identical to the 1050ti build so if you already have an X I wouldn't waste the money on a lower end build.

I'm able to get my hands on a hard copy of pCars 2 for €29,95 but I have to drive 160km to get this copy. :ouch:

I found pCars 2 on CDkeys.com but I don't know if I can trust that website or the game purchased through that website.

I have been looking into this and I'm not going to buy a digital key from one of those websites.

Just went on this for the first time in a about a year....custom race,touring cars,oulton park,bonnet cam - still absolutely brilliant. The one thing im really missing though is custom championships.

Ive been out of the loop recently - whats the latest on them being implemented? And why the hell isnt it in yet?!

Back