Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Just went on this for the first time in a about a year....custom race,touring cars,oulton park,bonnet cam - still absolutely brilliant. The one thing im really missing though is custom championships.

Ive been out of the loop recently - whats the latest on them being implemented? And why the hell isnt it in yet?!

They won't be implemented. I've read the suggestion that the flexible championships in career mode mean you don't need them - not sure I agree :)

There is an on-line custom championship. Not sure if you can use this with AI to create the equivalent of an off-line custom championship.

You can't although there could be a work around if you have a friend that joins your online championship as you could fill the field with AI. Haven't tried that though so I don't know if it works

I m on ps4. Couple of years ago, i bought pcars 1 goty digital version (with all dlc’s). Then I bougth pcars 2 and the first version had been deleted from my console. During past year, I been playing gt sport, pcars2, assetto... but yesterday I installed pcars 1 again and ran some laps on Spa. Is it me or this 1 version is better than 2? - On terms of graphics, feelings, IA. I play the game on a logitech g29.

I m on ps4. Couple of years ago, i bought pcars 1 goty digital version (with all dlc’s). Then I bougth pcars 2 and the first version had been deleted from my console. During past year, I been playing gt sport, pcars2, assetto... but yesterday I installed pcars 1 again and ran some laps on Spa. Is it me or this 1 version is better than 2? - On terms of graphics, feelings, IA. I play the game on a logitech g29.

No.

Try driving a high powered car or low grip car. PC1 is horrible (G29 too).

Any Xbox players here or is everyone PC/PS4?

I help run a league that has been going since Forza Motorsport 1, but with the Forza games getting a little stale we have been branching out a bit and some of us are trying PC2. We have been running single events and play around nights for the last month while we learn some about the game. We are getting to the point where we are getting ready to start a short season in the next couple of weeks (5-week + 1 pre-season exhibition) with the Ginetta GT5 at British tracks.

We aren't "pro" or super-duper serious, as some of us have just picked the game up and a few are still on controllers. It's meant to be fairly relaxed, but drivers are expected to do their best to keep their driving serious and "professional" (respect track limits, avoid wrecks, rejoin the track safely, etc). There are about 10 or 12 of us total that have got the game, but work and kids and that kinda stuff gets in the way so we have had 5-8 people per night running single events, and would welcome another 3 or 4 or so people who are looking to run.

A few details are being finalized with input from competitors but the basics are:

-Wednesday nights at 9pm Eastern

-Likely start date would be May 15th for the pre-season exhibition, with the actual scoring rounds starting May 22nd

-10 minute qualifying for race 1

-3x 15 minute races

-Ginetta GT5

-Authentic assists, no driving line, full damage, fuel use on, tire wear accelerated

If there are any Xbox players looking for a place to run, feel free to send me a message. All we really ask is that you drive responsibly and remember that we are all amateurs on PC2, and not get too fired up when some inevitable mistakes are made.

Any Xbox players here or is everyone PC/PS4?

I help run a league that has been going since Forza Motorsport 1, but with the Forza games getting a little stale we have been branching out a bit and some of us are trying PC2. We have been running single events and play around nights for the last month while we learn some about the game. We are getting to the point where we are getting ready to start a short season in the next couple of weeks (5-week + 1 pre-season exhibition) with the Ginetta GT5 at British tracks.

We aren't "pro" or super-duper serious, as some of us have just picked the game up and a few are still on controllers. It's meant to be fairly relaxed, but drivers are expected to do their best to keep their driving serious and "professional" (respect track limits, avoid wrecks, rejoin the track safely, etc). There are about 10 or 12 of us total that have got the game, but work and kids and that kinda stuff gets in the way so we have had 5-8 people per night running single events, and would welcome another 3 or 4 or so people who are looking to run.

A few details are being finalized with input from competitors but the basics are:

-Wednesday nights at 9pm Eastern

-Likely start date would be May 15th for the pre-season exhibition, with the actual scoring rounds starting May 22nd

-10 minute qualifying for race 1

-3x 15 minute races

-Ginetta GT5

-Authentic assists, no driving line, full damage, fuel use on, tire wear accelerated

If there are any Xbox players looking for a place to run, feel free to send me a message. All we really ask is that you drive responsibly and remember that we are all amateurs on PC2, and not get too fired up when some inevitable mistakes are made.

It may be worth posting this in the online racing section.

Still can't get the Xbox controller on my Xbox 3 to behave with PC2. The game is unayable with the controller setup currently.... Any ideas? The steering is just horrendous.

Still can't get the Xbox controller on my Xbox 3 to behave with PC2. The game is unayable with the controller setup currently.... Any ideas? The steering is just horrendous.

Driven with a controller & 0 dampening I might add, which I have found to be easier to use.

Not as smooth as a wheel yes but perfectly playable.

Settings are
0, 50, 0, 50, 0, 50, 0, 50, 75, 0, 100, 0, yes.

Two questions:

1) Are the updates all done now for this game?

2) Can we kick bad drivers out of public lobbies on the PC version?

I heard that they got rid of that option on the console version...

:cheers:

Ah, euro region only. It'll be back on sale elsewhere soon I expect.

The deluxe version (with all the extra content) is £19.99 over here in the UK. Which according to Mr Google is 34.51cad ($25.69). The basic one being 25.88
Wow that's a great deal especially for the complete version. Yeah hope it will be same deal here in its next discount. I wonder if it's a psplus only discount at that price, probably. I need to renew it soon.

I really want to play around with the dynamic track conditions and also the weather and time changes. That is the feature I miss the most in GT Sport.
if so, I suggest you to go for PC1. I don´t understand why people prefer this PC2 (on ps4 slim) over PC1 with better sounds, graphics and physics.

if so, I suggest you to go for PC1. I don´t understand why people prefer this PC2 (on ps4 slim) over PC1 with better sounds, graphics and physics.
Sounds and graphics, fair enough, but better physics in PCARS1? I strongly disagree.

PCARS1 is more or less a typical wonky PC-motorsports-simulator-style game that falls apart when the tire slip angle exceeds "normal" circuit racing conditions. The time SMS invested into the oversteer dynamics and developing the rallycross discipline really paid off for PCARS2.

That, combined with the substantially improved analog stick steering for a controller and the new content and refined LiveTrack simulation for PCARS2 (although I miss certain cars from PCARS1), makes the second game far superior in my opinion.

Sounds and graphics, fair enough, but better physics in PCARS1? I strongly disagree.

PCARS1 is more or less a typical wonky PC-motorsports-simulator-style game that falls apart when the tire slip angle exceeds "normal" circuit racing conditions. The time SMS invested into the oversteer dynamics and developing the rallycross discipline really paid off for PCARS2.

That, combined with the substantially improved analog stick steering for a controller and the new content and refined LiveTrack simulation for PCARS2 (although I miss certain cars from PCARS1), makes the second game far superior in my opinion.
I think that PC2 tried to "cover" many series (gt3, gt4, tc1...) but most of them really sucks in terms of physics - in my opinion.
How many details did you find that make "LiveTrack" better than PC1?
I agree with you that if you´re using controller, definitely PC2 is better... but using a wheel, I can´t see a big difference between both games.

PCARS1 is more or less a typical wonky PC-motorsports-simulator-style game that falls apart when the tire slip angle exceeds "normal" circuit racing conditions.

That's the most frustrating thing in P CARS, the rear end letting go without warning & with no way to recover it. I get a similar thing with AC. The tyre model in both those games falls apart on the limit, & makes playing the games seriously a no go.

I think that PC2 tried to "cover" many series (gt3, gt4, tc1...) but most of them really sucks in terms of physics - in my opinion.
I know GT3 is a popular discipline and also criticized for its inconsistent handling. It's not my cup of tea -- I prefer the retro classes, roadcars, and rallycross, which are well-sorted by my estimation, with few individual exceptions.

I don't think cars like the GT3s were much better in PCARS1, though. Certainly not when playing with a controller, at least.

How many details did you find that make "LiveTrack" better than PC1?
I can't say I remember much of its impact in PCARS1, which is a point to make in and of itself. PCARS2 introduced the seasonal simulation with its impact on track and tire temperature, the nifty option to blanket most tracks with snow, and its impressively convincing gravel surface simulation.

I use a wheel and to me there was a big difference between PC1 and PC2. With PC2 I didn't have to work near as hard to figure out where the FFB sweet spot was. And once it was set it worked for everything I drive. In PC1 there were too many algebraic type computations I had to come up with and I had to try and remember which tweak to use on which car to get it sort of right. PC2 is much easier right out of the box.

I use a wheel and to me there was a big difference between PC1 and PC2. With PC2 I didn't have to work near as hard to figure out where the FFB sweet spot was. And once it was set it worked for everything I drive. In PC1 there were too many algebraic type computations I had to come up with and I had to try and remember which tweak to use on which car to get it sort of right. PC2 is much easier right out of the box.
How did you find this "sweet spot"? I drive with a logitech g29, and since I bought the game (1 year) I could never find the right FFB point. I tried all options - wheel degrees, wheel steering block, FFB setups. I also make a quick comparison with AC on Nords running a Ferrari LaFerrari. PC2 felt really strange while AC feelings were really good.

How did you find this "sweet spot"? I drive with a logitech g29, and since I bought the game (1 year) I could never find the right FFB point. I tried all options - wheel degrees, wheel steering block, FFB setups. I also make a quick comparison with AC on Nords running a Ferrari LaFerrari. PC2 felt really strange while AC feelings were really good.

I'll have to look at my settings when I get home tonight. I have a Fanatec Clubsport V2 wheel.

Last night I ride some laps with a TC car on Donington Park. I don´t know if someone else feels the same, but despite I´m running with a wheel, It´s hard to me take an apex with the right speed without blocking wheels or skidding. It only happens in this game, if I take AC or GTS feelings are different.

Back