Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,195 comments
In general I would recommend to try and get a basic understanding how to set up your cars. I don't enjoy it either but since I got a little understanding (and I haven't come any further) I can make almost every car feel quite right after driving just a few laps. Your driving style pushes you in certain direction for almost every car on every track.

That's where I also have my doubts that a developer can make cars feel good for everybody since it's just different for everybody. We just started a new season in our league and although my teammate and I had the same issue to our car we solved it in completely different ways, and his solution is barely drivable for me.

Just started to have a try at the career after just doing single races since getting pcars2. Tried that 1st manufacfurer event for Porsche at Azure with the carrera gt. Bit of a weird match to me but ok. Well lot of fun once you learn the rollercoaster track, almost makes me feel vertigo hehe. Im liking the car too, just sound could be a little grittier, especially in replay. Too bad on std ps4 the replays are a little bit of a mess sometimes, lacking a clean smooth stable solid look, mostly the environment including shadows textures..Maybe moreso at Azure.
Also noticed when you put on the telemetry overlay for wear and temps you get some screen tearing, but it's fine after off it. The gameplay from cockpit is pretty clean smooth though.
At least i can make things smoother by selecting different timeofday and weather.
And replays sometimes look pretty damn cool, lifelike or like a real tv shot or film.

Anyone know when i do a quick race it shows vehicule best time of friends, but i choose a few different cars and it shows exact same time for a specific friend. Its for sure not correct. Even if it was for the class, seems i got that also with different class cars. Is it bugged or means something else?

Also it be cool if they had a little history and info on each car with historic or recent vids.

Is there a way to reset an event?
I went in quick race to try more runs at Azure with the carrera gt and the setup name is the same but it feels alot worse now. I checked the track temp and ambient to try match it more closely. But still same, maybe because its adjusted to that track in the event even if uses my setup. I don't know.

Too bad when you win it just unlocks new events but can't rerun the same one i just won. To check setup and also just to up the a.i. and try again.

Edit: lol sorry it's the spyder918 in the 1st Porsche invite, no wonder it feels different.:boggled::lol::embarrassed: i think I'm going senile.:D or the game is starting to make me lose my mind.:lol:
Edit2: just tried 2nd manufacturers drive for Porsche, they don't go easy on you lol, race in wet with a 935 77.
That thing kicks like a mule when turbo awakes in 1st, i kicked my foot on my base pedal when i almost lost it 1st time i drove out the pits lol, on dry track.
I have to say it's amazingly immersive, the cockpits so nice, with nice lighting and shadows inside, the weather, the sound in that car, even the wipers sound and look is so nicely made, and the feel of the car believable, even the ai often is.
Got to keep wet tires warm in rain too, makes a good difference if just a little less optimal temp. When they are less than optimal, almost need to short shift before the turbo kicks in lol.
Pretty impressed and cool, i should have started before these career events rather than just do any single races.
Edit3: i wish cars like the f40 would have gotten a sound update, pretty pitifull lol. Oh well.
Edit 4: the f40 lm has a little better sound, and the f50gt not bad sound except in replays. Many ferraris though sound electronic. It be so much cooler to watch replays with good sound too. Also i like the old spa track but it looks pretty bad especially in replays lol. Only the lighting saves it a little.

Last edited:
I bought NFS heat just for the p1 gtr but i just couldn't stand the fake driving physics of that game and yes i know its a pure arcade game but still. I ended up trading that game in.

Project cars 2 is still my favorite game to drive my p1 gtr :bowdown:

Project CARS 2_20191118193529.png Project CARS 2_20191118193309.png Project CARS 2_20191118193056.png

My arms are killing me, haven't had the wheel out in ages & I'm just finishing off a 4hr karting session around Porsche Leipzig Dynamic Circuit.

On another note, I didn't realise increasing caster angle can seriously increase ffb strength/detail to the point of clipping.

Give it a try, don't adjust your wheels ffb settings but do 2 runs in a kart, 1 with 0 caster & 1 set to 15, check the difference out it's crazy.

I've settled on 8, goes well with my TX @ raw 100/40/60/20

My arms are killing me, haven't had the wheel out in ages & I'm just finishing off a 4hr karting session around Porsche Leipzig Dynamic Circuit.

On another note, I didn't realise increasing caster angle can seriously increase ffb strength/detail to the point of clipping.

Give it a try, don't adjust your wheels ffb settings but do 2 runs in a kart, 1 with 0 caster & 1 set to 15, check the difference out it's crazy.

Oh wow. I've just tried the caster on 0 and it's much better for me as I prefer light FFB.

I found that out too. An "AAAAA - HAAAAA" moment for sure. Lower it on down so your arms don't fall off. I noticed easier control of the kart too but not by much at all.
4 hours? Dood. 4 hours in a kart?

I didn't even know karts would last 4 hours. They blow up after a bit more than a lap and a half of the full Nürburgring, but I suppose being flat out for 95% of the lap doesn't help.

I still find it interesting that there is zero performance degradation doing that. It just runs like a top while damage builds up and then shuts off once it gets to 100.

I think there's a damage bug with the karts. Sometimes when I just start a race it immediately says "Severe Damage" just from pulling away from the starting line.

I think there's a damage bug with the karts. Sometimes when I just start a race it immediately says "Severe Damage" just from pulling away from the starting line.
That's not just karts, I've had it before when if you crash hard or get terminal damage then restart too quickly, the second the light turns green you blow up instantly.

I had it a lot during this race before I made the video

I didn't even know karts would last 4 hours.

There are 24 hour kart races irl - for these there is a small team of drivers for each kart. The karts are 4 strokes with 2 engines (one either side of the chassis).

I've tried a kart irl when I was much younger and fitter and couldn't believe how tiring it was and how out of breath I got! Full respect to anyone who races them irl!

There are 24 hour kart races irl - for these there is a small team of drivers for each kart. The karts are 4 strokes with 2 engines (one either side of the chassis).

I've tried a kart irl when I was much younger and fitter and couldn't believe how tiring it was and how out of breath I got! Full respect to anyone who races them irl!

Sorry, I thought it could be assumed I was talking about the PC2 karts. I actually did watch the last few hours of a 24-hour kart race once(I think it was while watching another 24-hour race actually) but shockingly it wasn't a terribly good stream. :)

I'm pretty sure if it can be raced, endurance fans will try to run 24 hours with it. And if it doesn't last(like 2CVs) they'll just get really good at reparing it quickly. I wonder if there's a lawn mower enduro?

EDIT: well there's a 12 hour at least.

I didn't even know karts would last 4 hours. They blow up after a bit more than a lap and a half of the full Nürburgring, but I suppose being flat out for 95% of the lap doesn't help.

I still find it interesting that there is zero performance degradation doing that. It just runs like a top while damage builds up and then shuts off once it gets to 100.

Engines don't always lose performance in real life before blowing up. Many times they even gain some shortly before it.
In the game, damage from overheating doesn't degrade engine performance, mechanical damage does cause power degradation though.

Engines don't always lose performance in real life before blowing up. Many times they even gain some shortly before it.
In the game, damage from overheating doesn't degrade engine performance, mechanical damage does cause power degradation though.

That is true, there's so many times you watch a car blow up seemingly out of nowhere after running right up to pace. Often you have no idea anything is wrong until just before it happens if you can't hear the radio talking about a temperature or other problem. I guess it may largely just be a common videogame tendency I've gotten used to over the years, even from some realistic games.

Well there are some things i dont like about codemasters that slightly mad gets right. And i hope codies keep them aspects. I know a guy who worked with codies on onrush as he currently works with us and he said they had an amazing idea for new motorstorm game but codies pushed what they wanted over evolution guys to the point where they just said screw it, we’ll do it your way. And look at onrush. I still dont know whats going on when i do rarely play it

For sim fans, if ever you never tried it, AC on psn in N.A. is on a big discount.
I just got the prestige dlc for 2cad lol.
9 cars well done for 2$, it was the only dlc i didn't have still, well worth it after trying them.
I went back to Ac on ps4 and honestly it's nice to be back to a solid feeling sim.
Many things are well done, the physics feel natural, real, intuitive. The sounds are often good, some great, the replays are good,ffb etc.
I went back to pc2 to confirm my feeling, and i have to say pc2 physics, controls, are completely unnatural, fake, ridiculous. Many things so obviously ridiculous, with aids off or on. Its still a nice game but a sim this isn't if you prioritize believable solid natural feel, even without ffb involved, which is also much more solid, not goofy like pc2. Just my 2 cents, but i tested this and it's so obvious after retrying AC and just confirms my doubts since the beginning, that I'm 100percent sure on this. Whatever you can feel about this, if you prioritize natural believable driving feel, you owe it to yourself to give it a try, on ps4 it's the sim for this.
And some will think i don't know what I'm talking about, but Dr2 is the one other realistic driving racing game on ps4 that feels natural belivable like this. However detailed or complex any game might be, the end result is what counts, and this is what i confirm without a doubt for myself.
For those who wish tarmac physics of pc2 in dr2 or any other realistic racing game, we are not on the same planet lol, and dear God don't put any of that mess in anything else.

Edit: Also so many cars you can easily see are not accurate at all with what you would expect that it's not even close to what it be like to drive them for real.
Same thing for the sounds, and Ac has crazy good sounds for many cars, with sound varying depending on how much throttle you put and for lift off, and the sound of a.i. cars while racing is scary almost sometimes. In cockpit and some in 3rdperson sound great, and in replays too. The lighting in sunny day is great, cockpits are really nice, and feel solid, not flimsy feeling.
Plus you can set custom championships choosing each opponent car and even each livery. Etc.. I feel a bit disappointed I lost lots time energy on pc2 even, but of course it's part of the experience, and it does have cool features and cars, some that feel reasonable but even the ones I like still feel ridiculous in many aspects.
Oh well, just in case this makes some discover a sim that is worth it, it has a great list of cars too.

Last edited:
For sim fans, if ever you never tried it, AC on psn in N.A. is on a big discount.
I just got the prestige dlc for 2cad lol.
9 cars well done for 2$, it was the only dlc i didn't have still, well worth it after trying them.
I went back to Ac on ps4 and honestly it's nice to be back to a solid feeling sim.
Many things are well done, the physics feel natural, real, intuitive. The sounds are often good, some great, the replays are good,ffb etc.
I went back to pc2 to confirm my feeling, and i have to say pc2 physics, controls, are completely unnatural, fake, ridiculous. Many things so obviously ridiculous, with aids off or on. Its still a nice game but a sim this isn't if you prioritize believable solid natural feel, even without ffb involved, which is also much more solid, not goofy like pc2. Just my 2 cents, but i tested this and it's so obvious after retrying AC and just confirms my doubts since the beginning, that I'm 100percent sure on this. Whatever you can feel about this, if you prioritize natural believable driving feel, you owe it to yourself to give it a try, on ps4 it's the sim for this.
And some will think i don't know what I'm talking about, but Dr2 is the one other realistic driving racing game on ps4 that feels natural belivable like this. However detailed or complex any game might be, the end result is what counts, and this is what i confirm without a doubt for myself.
For those who wish tarmac physics of pc2 in dr2 or any other realistic racing game, we are not on the same planet lol, and dear God don't put any of that mess in anything else.

Edit: Also so many cars you can easily see are not accurate at all with what you would expect that it's not even close to what it be like to drive them for real.
Same thing for the sounds, and Ac has crazy good sounds for many cars, with sound varying depending on how much throttle you put and for lift off, and the sound of a.i. cars while racing is scary almost sometimes. In cockpit and some in 3rdperson sound great, and in replays too. The lighting in sunny day is great, cockpits are really nice, and feel solid, not flimsy feeling.
Plus you can set custom championships choosing each opponent car and even each livery. Etc.. I feel a bit disappointed I lost lots time energy on pc2 even, but of course it's part of the experience, and it does have cool features and cars, some that feel reasonable but even the ones I like still feel ridiculous in many aspects.
Oh well, just in case this makes some discover a sim that is worth it, it has a great list of cars too.

AC on console is pretty barebones, nice handling cars overall doesn't justify the lack of content. I'd still choose PC2 over it especially if you find those believable handling cars. AC on my PC is a different story though, the mods make Assetto Corsa.

On Christmas sale, they put pC1 on ridiculous price, they also put double pack at ok price, but they leave pC2 on regular price...

Double price (both regular games) is even ok if u need second title only, but isn't available if u already have pC1...

It's a shame that they didn't put on sale Deluxe or at least, regular version of game.

On Christmas sale, they put pC1 on ridiculous price, they also put double pack at ok price, but they leave pC2 on regular price...

Double price (both regular games) is even ok if u need second title only, but isn't available if u already have pC1...

It's a shame that they didn't put on sale Deluxe or at least, regular version of game.

As I am in the process of switching back to PC from XBox, I picked up PC2 deluxe on Steam for 75% off over black Friday weekend. Don't even have my new computer yet but couldn't pass it up.

Back