Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
@jake2013guy Could you help me with this car since your a expert with this indy cars?

Just need help with a good setup for this car on this track, as you can see i cant get the car to go more then 175 mph on this track?

I lower the back and front down force and changed the gears but nothing.

Overall i really enjoy driving this car on this track but i just thought this indy cars would be faster top speed wise?

Last edited:
@jake2013guy Could you help me with this car since your a expert with this indy cars?

Just need help with a good setup for this car on this track, as you can see i cant get the car to go more then 175 mph on this track?

Overall i really enjoy driving this car on this track but i just thought this indy cars would be faster top speed wise?

The IndyCars are fun. Watching a stream back, I got 176 into the chicane at Watkins Glen. I'd have thought you could get faster at Monza. Especially with the oval. Though when I did a race at modern Monza, I found you could essentially go minimum downforce as the car has a lot of downforce because of that configuration but I can't remember the speeds I got.

Looking at your video, the speed climbs well until 5th gear before stalling out.

Personally, I would have liked the short oval configuration they also used at Road America. Would give more top speed at circuits like this.

Last edited:

I don't know what tuning options you got on that indycar but isn't there 2 types (or 2 tuning options) oval & circuit?

Other than that you want to reduce drag as much as possible, close engine & brake ducts, reduce all camber, toe & downforce, raise tyre pressure to reduce rolling resistance, possibly raise vehicle height & springs so you don't get pushed into the tarmac at high speed & tune your gearing to perfection.

The IndyCars are fun. Watching a stream back, I got 176 into the chicane at Watkins Glen. I'd have thought you could get faster at Monza. Especially with the oval. Though when I did a race at modern Monza, I found you could essentially go minimum downforce as the car has a lot of downforce because of that configuration but I can't remember the speeds I got.

Looking at your video, the speed climbs well until 5th gear before stalling out.

Personally, I would have liked the short oval configuration they also used at Road America. Would give more top speed at circuits like this.
Ok following your advice i lowered the front downforce to 1.50 and back downforce to 4.00. Also lowered the final gear ratio and lowered the 4th gear down so it doesn't shift to 5th gear and so helping the car get to 186 mph and now i'm running laps 2 seconds faster :D

Ok following your advice i lowered the front downforce to 1.50 and back downforce to 4.00. Also lowered the final gear ratio and lowered the 4th gear down so it doesn't shift to 5th gear and so helping the car get to 186 mph and now i'm running laps 2 seconds faster :D
Great. I was able to run 0-1 in the wet on the standard Monza. So you'd probably be able to run 0-0. I think you did something with 5th gear though that maybe killed it though. What are your ratios?

Last edited:
A question for you PC2ers.

I've been playing at a bit of Rallycross recently (great fun) and have tried out most of the various RX tracks in the game. So here's the thing, there's an image of a RX track that is the first one to appear while the game initially loads, on the PS4 it's the one on the "X Start Engine" page, but I can't quite figure out which track it is! From the trees I'm thinking maybe British, but I'm not sure. It might, I think, be a real picture, not from the game. Anyone know?

A question for you PC2ers.

I've been playing at a bit of Rallycross recently (great fun) and have tried out most of the various RX tracks in the game. So here's the thing, there's an image of a RX track that is the first one to appear while the game initially loads, on the PS4 it's the one on the "X Start Engine" page, but I can't quite figure out which track it is! From the trees I'm thinking maybe British, but I'm not sure. It might, I think, be a real picture, not from the game. Anyone know?
It's Loheac in France. :)

Random question how many hours have you played project cars 2 so far since release?

I always backup my saves so i'm still using my og save and so far i clock in 1154 hours :D

Which makes it my 3rd most played game ever. :cheers:

1st - 1670 hours so4
2nd -1382 hours hzd
3rd - 1154 hours pc2

:gtpflag:

I just played Project Cars 2 for the first time since getting my Formula V2 rim for my Fanatec V2 base but under Control Scheme it's showing a Thrustmaster Xbox One racing wheel as my wheel type. How do I get it to select the right wheel?

I just played Project Cars 2 for the first time since getting my Formula V2 rim for my Fanatec V2 base but under Control Scheme it's showing a Thrustmaster Xbox One racing wheel as my wheel type. How do I get it to select the right wheel?
Restart the game and start it using the Fanatec. Other than that, I have no clue as that's what happens when I start the game using my controller.

Restart the game and start it using the Fanatec. Other than that, I have no clue as that's what happens when I start the game using my controller.

I did. The Fanatec wheel is all I have. I don't own a Thrustmaster. I know it showed the correct wheel when I was using my GT2 rim on that V2 base.

Alpine A110 just released on Project CARS Modding discord if you're into that type of thing.
alpine a110.jpg

DLC question do dlc cars and tracks not show up on your top 3 most use and driven stats screen? cause as far as i know classic le man should be in my top 3 most use tracks? but its not :(

Can anyone confirm this please?

DLC question do dlc cars and tracks not show up on your top 3 most use and driven stats screen? cause as far as i know classic le man should be in my top 3 most use tracks? but its not :(

Can anyone confirm this please?
I know DLC cars do as the 911 RSR was in my favourites for a bit after a league with it. Not sure about tracks.

Not having luck finding this, but is there any kind of workaround ever discovered for AI not moving in replays? I thought I had heard about it ages ago and that restarting the replay or something would sometimes correct it but that doesn't seem to work for me. Most times I recall it happening was on rolling starts, possibly with formation lap enabled.

Not a big deal but that is kind of a bummer if you just can't use replays with rolling starts or some such.

Not having luck finding this, but is there any kind of workaround ever discovered for AI not moving in replays? I thought I had heard about it ages ago and that restarting the replay or something would sometimes correct it but that doesn't seem to work for me. Most times I recall it happening was on rolling starts, possibly with formation lap enabled.

Not a big deal but that is kind of a bummer if you just can't use replays with rolling starts or some such.
Just rewind the replay back to the black screen when it starts & the AI should kick into gear.

Sometimes you might have to pause the replay first.

Works for me.

My favorite unsung feature in project cars this feature really is wonderful hits home even more when you play a game like GTS that even in 2020 they can't add something as simple to that game. And while other racing games do have it there not as free roaming as pcars.

Anyway thank god its a standard feature in project cars and it gonna be amazing in PCR :D

Just rewind the replay back to the black screen when it starts & the AI should kick into gear.

Sometimes you might have to pause the replay first.

Works for me.
Thanks, that's what I thought I had remembered. Unfortunately it didn't seem to work for my race at Daytona Road this weekend, either before or after I saved it. I'll try again another time, maybe sometimes or in some specific conditions it just doesn't work or I was doing something slightly different.

I have a question regarding the replay function. I saved my practice session today to show my fellow league members how I drive the Porsche 911 GT3 RS as many of us struggle with it. I want to upload this replay on YouTube but I can't figure out how to do this besides the Share option which would require me to watch the entire replay myself. In ShareFactory I can't find the in game files.

Am I missing something here or is there simply no workaround this?

I have a question regarding the replay function. I saved my practice session today to show my fellow league members how I drive the Porsche 911 GT3 RS as many of us struggle with it. I want to upload this replay on YouTube but I can't figure out how to do this besides the Share option which would require me to watch the entire replay myself. In ShareFactory I can't find the in game files.

Am I missing something here or is there simply no workaround this?
Replay files are not videos, they are just a string of data that the game engine uses to recreate the events of the race. So to turn it into a video you will have to stream it.

Back