Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
It is missing so many great tracks for sure, sadly, but it does have many great cars really well made and satisfying. With no need to try compensate weaknesses with endless tweaking.
Really hope there will be an AC2 on ps5.
There's no generic race sound when racing and in replays, you hear each car from where they are, and when you hear a laferrari in replay it's a thrill, not a painfull pityfull misery lol.
You race against an f138 modern f1 and when it approches you it's scary how so imposing and present it feels.
Also i think each a.i. uses the physics of each car.
And each car is a solid joy to push, I prefer quality to half assed fluff that is a doubtfull in feel,sound... And you don't feel each few seconds that something is weird and say pffff.. like what the hell is that..
Even the real aids of each modern car feels good and believable, unlike pc2 where it feels like a crutch that stops you from losing it after you ease up on the input when you overdid it and doesn't feel at all believable while driving.
I use the cockpit view btw.
Most cars you can feel such a major bump in believable solid handling in comparison, it's not even funny, just look at Lambos, in Ac they feel great and sound good, in pc2, not so much at all. Same for Porsches, ferraris...
I'm using the aventator right now in cockpit and it feels and sounds so good I'm blowing kisses at the screen lol in how it's such a jewel of a sim. That downshift sound woohoo hehhe. Well i don't want to sound too harsh,.. it's not perfect of course, some cars aren't as great, but it's a gem often.
Oups i meant the f1 f2004 before, not the f138.

Last edited:
It is missing so many great tracks for sure, sadly, but it does have many great cars really well made and satisfying. With no need to try compensate weaknesses with endless tweaking.

I don't do any tweaking on PC2 or AC - just drive the cars on default settings with one FFB setting and if I can't adjust to their feel and handling I try warmer weather and failing that another car. I pretty much have the opposite feeling about AC (on PS4 Pro) - there are a few cars I like such as the Maserati 250F's, the Cobra and the Porsche 718, plus I prefer the AC versions of Mugello and Nordschliefe, but in almost all other respects I prefer PC2.

I prefer classic race cars and these have been well implemented in both AC and PC2, but AC has so few tracks and such a small classic car roster that I spend most of time on PC2.

Regarding how cars feel - I can tell if they feel good to me, but I won't pretend to have enough experience of driving at the limit in real life to know how accurately they have been represented in either game.

I think most people will enjoy both titles and feel they have got good value - especially if they get them at a discount, as should be possible now.

I don't do any tweaking on PC2 or AC - just drive the cars on default settings with one FFB setting and if I can't adjust to their feel and handling I try warmer weather and failing that another car. I pretty much have the opposite feeling about AC (on PS4 Pro) - there are a few cars I like such as the Maserati 250F's, the Cobra and the Porsche 718, plus I prefer the AC versions of Mugello and Nordschliefe, but in almost all other respects I prefer PC2.

I prefer classic race cars and these have been well implemented in both AC and PC2, but AC has so few tracks and such a small classic car roster that I spend most of time on PC2.

Regarding how cars feel - I can tell if they feel good to me, but I won't pretend to have enough experience of driving at the limit in real life to know how accurately they have been represented in either game.

I think most people will enjoy both titles and feel they have got good value - especially if they get them at a discount, as should be possible now.
What's that pic in your avatar if i can ask? Looks like exhaust pipes in heat view lol.

Has anyone else done this? Where you stay in one track for long periods of time?

For the last 2 months the only track i driven is Classic Monza (Normal Version) i pretty much have tested every car in this track by now :lol:

Last time i checked i'm at over 40K miles on this track and yes its my favorite track imho it has the best overall flow out of any track in the game. I could just run it forever and never get tired of it. :bowdown:

Has anyone else done this? Where you stay in one track for long periods of time?

For the last 2 months the only track i driven is Classic Monza (Normal Version) i pretty much have tested every car in this track by now :lol:

Last time i checked i'm at over 40K miles on this track and yes its my favorite track imho it has the best overall flow out of any track in the game. I could just run it forever and never get tired of it. :bowdown:

It's very good with rain - I don't know if you have tried that. As the rain builds up puddles form which require extra care - especially near the track underpass. It's my favourite track with rain.

Silverstone Classic is probably my favourite dry weather track - so enjoyable sometimes to just try out a range of cars on.

Can't find proper G29 settings thread.

I'm searching for full range of settings so feel would be similar to 3/4/10 from GT Sport...

Whatever I try, it is too light in hands, even 4 from GTS is somethimes too light.

About to buy the Deluxe Edition anything about this version i don't already have?
Do you have the season pass or any dlc?

If you get the deluxe edition you get all dlc (fun pack, Porsche pack, Ferrari pack & Le-Mans pack) + the motorsports pack which includes 4 cars, (a Jaguar, Panoz, Audi & Opel) you get this with the season pass as well, if you buy the dlc individually you don't get it.

The Japanese pack is separate from any of the above, it contains 4 cars for £4 (you have to buy this separately regardless of the season pass or deluxe edition)

Last edited:
Do you have the season pass or any dlc?

If you get the deluxe edition you get all dlc (fun pack, Porsche pack, Ferrari pack & Le-Mans pack) + the motorsports pack which includes 4 cars, (a Jaguar, Panoz, Audi & Opel) you get this with the season pass as well, if you buy the dlc individually you don't get it.

The Japanese pack is separate from any of the above, it contains 4 cars for £4 (you have to buy this separately regardless of the season pass or deluxe edition)
I don't do season passes i like to buy it pack as they come out which is what i did with pcars 2

I'm only missing the "fun pack" and the motorsports pack and i'm not gonna buy a season pass just for 4 cars.

I don't do season passes i like to buy it pack as they come out which is what i did with pcars 2

I'm only missing the "fun pack" and the motorsports pack and i'm not gonna buy a season pass just for 4 cars.
But you said in your post above that your about to buy the deluxe edition :confused:

So I replied with what you get in both the deluxe edition & the season pass compared to buying them individually.

You forgot the Japanese pack or have you got that?

All in all if you haven't got the fun pack (8 cars, 2 dirt tracks), motorsports pack (4 cars) & the Japanese pack (4 cars) then your missing 16 cars & 2 dirt tracks in total.

Motorsports bonus pack is worth it for these 2 alone imo

Last edited:
The fun pack comes with the deluxe edition version right?

I have

The Japanese pack from the day one edition
The Porsche pack
The Ferrari pack
The Le man pack

So if i get the DE version i get the fun pack which means i'm only missing the MS pack and i'm not gonna buy a season pass just for 4 cars.

The fun pack comes with the deluxe edition version right?

I have

The Japanese pack from the day one edition
The Porsche pack
The Ferrari pack
The Le man pack

So if i get the DE version i get the fun pack which means i'm only missing the MS pack and i'm not gonna buy a season pass just for 4 cars.
If you buy the deluxe edition you get the fun pack & the motorsports pack

Feels great finally having all the dlc packs and for 22 bucks the deluxe edition :bowdown:

Cute truck this little guy is :lol::D
Project CARS 2_20191231150632.png Project CARS 2_20191231150745.png Project CARS 2_20191231150917.png

Back