Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
@IanBell is there a specific reason as to why Australian tracks haven't been put into the game? Some great street tracks down here!
Iirc street tracks are the hardest to do and they take a huge amount of time to make.
They are also taxing because of all the detail that is needed to be seen.

Off this does not invalidate circuits can't be in.
Street tracks do have a thing in their favour. Afaik no one can trade mark a street so no license is needee. Could be wrong.

@IanBell Hi, really looking forward to this game and linked some friends (who aren't usually interested in racing games) to a video of the ice racing in the Merc, now that has got them interested as well but AFAIK all videos of the ice racing have been just a single car on the track. Will this track be available in multiplayer? And if so can we expect to see 10+ cars racing there at once? Even if the results may be absolute carnage I imagine it could be good fun for some less serious racing. :D

@IanBell

1. What percentage of the car list is SMS designed cars and what percent is real world brands? Personally, I loved that pCARS 1 filled in its car roster with fantasy cars where licenses weren't feasible. Same question with tracks.

2. Fanatec support on console (XB1)?

3. DLC release schedule or looser as we go?

4. Stance on paid DLC vs free and community splintering? Non dlc interaction with dlc owners?

5. Air humidity, altitude part of physics?

6. Corner cutting. How are you stopping it?

7. Multichannel sound support? Dolby Atmos?

8. VR performance optimizations? pCARS 1 was pretty rough in this regard. VR SLI?

9. In game community recommended FFB profiles? A la Steam controller configs?

10. City track? NYC in GT3 was seriously under loved.

Yes, you're wrong :)
Sorrry I don't understand this reply haha, I guess it's unless you live in Australia or follow V8 Supercars the only Australian tracks that are known are Bathurst, Albert park/Adelaide (F1 layout) and Phillip island.
Current Adelaide street track, Gold Coast, eastern creek (Sydney mostorsport park) sandown and Queensland raceway are all good tracks for practically any car.

Edit: I'm still extremely excited about all the new and updated tracks for project cars 2 don't worry! :)

@IanBell Ok now Funny questions. We have Seasons simulation now.
Is driving on Sweden Lake during summer will be underwater? ;)

Or serious version :P .
Some track will have limitation to certain seasons and weathers? Snow in Dubai for example?

ss_75140b1a64d3616251e5c7b1117d8027e9264a54.1920x1080.jpg

Daytona?!? :drool:

@IanBell first of all I would like to thank you for making pcars 1 it was just perfect. im sure the second one will be Even better. From the things i liked is multiclass racing and the huge number of cars in a race ( up to 45 in ps4 ) im wondering if we will have this feature in pcars2 . Thanks again

Sorrry I don't understand this reply haha, I guess it's unless you live in Australia or follow V8 Supercars the only Australian tracks that are known are Bathurst, Albert park/Adelaide (F1 layout) and Phillip island.
Current Adelaide street track, Gold Coast, eastern creek (Sydney mostorsport park) sandown and Queensland raceway are all good tracks for practically any car.

Edit: I'm still extremely excited about all the new and updated tracks for project cars 2 don't worry! :)

Its a broad answer. Meaning, there is at least 1 circuit from Australia but he's not disclosing it, and possibly more circuits from here,

@IanBell Loved PCARS1, still play to this day

Quick question: As you have a more focused Japanese interest in PC2 and have Nissan, Honda licences etc, will we be seeing any Japanese racing series like Super GT or Super Formula etc? Would love to race a Super GT/DTM hybrid race.

Its a broad answer. Meaning, there is at least 1 circuit from Australia but he's not disclosing it, and possibly more circuits from here,
So apart from Bathurst there is another track from Australia that hasn't been revealed yet??

sorry to bother and not sure if I am the one entitled to respond? Apologies for that.

A lot, I say a lot of posts are related to questions about specific car brands, tracks etc etc. It is already mentioned a couple of times that at this stage SMS/Ian/The Owl cannot and will not give specific news about that. But you have to read between the lines, words, commas and you can judge for yourself. Great PR, marketing though ;)

No, because, as a peruvian/latinamerican motorsport fan, there's plenty of awesome tracks, some of them world famous, that the sim developers' eyes don't see (without mentioning the championships) :). One region-representative track will not represent a whole continent sir. Here's a few of those tracks :D

Circuito Termas De Rio Hondo (Argentina)
circuito_2015.jpg

Autódromo La Chutana (Peru)
la-chutana-velocidades.jpg

Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez (Mexico)
mapa_distribucion_de_gradas.jpg

Autódromo Oscar y Juan Gálvez (Argentina)
800px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_Oscar_y_Juan_G%C3%A1lvez_Detalles.svg.png

Autódromo Internacional de Codegua (Chile)
250px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_Internacional_de_Codegua.svg.png

Autodromo de Tacna (Peru)
Tacna92.00ee157e09be745594d91f4f120c537d.png

Autódromo de Deodoro (Brazil)

autodromo+de+Deodoro+Rio+de+Janeiro_005.jpg

Autódromo Internacional de Curitiba (Brazil)
220px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_Curitiba.svg.png

Autódromo de Tocancipá (Colombia)
250px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_de_Tocancip%C3%A1.svg.png

Autódromo Las Paredes (Argentina)
250px-Aut%C3%B3dromo_de_Las_Paredes_-_Circuito_4.svg.png

Autodromo Rubén Dumot (Paraguay)

auto_ruben_dumot_600.jpg

Autódromo Internacional de San Carlos (Venezuela)

VEN%20San%20Carlos.gif

Lastly, knowing your relationship with Horatio Pagani...

Autódromo Juan Manuel Fangio de Balcarce (Argentina)

56278b4ad6ab5_980_%2521.jpg

That's some of the finest south/latinamerican racetracks I know, and some of them support massive races like the WTCC, Stock car, and MotoGP, apart of the local championships :) All of them, apart of Interlagos, wating for an oportunity on a BIG videogame :D

@IanBell I will second these comments.

In my case I am using the Canadian perspective. I posted about this on your official forum as well. In the current release the only western hemisphere representation is tracks in USA. While those are all great tracks, and so many more we would all love to see, a more global representation would really be appreciated.

There are many historic, world class tracks outside of Europe and the USA. Whether for future DLC or for the next installment, please look at adding more global representation for the regions/countries not yet present. I am confident that this will also increase your sales since almost every customer wants their "home" track.

@IanBell

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I registered here in the forum as soon as I saw that you were here answering the people, I could not miss the chance to write directly to you, I'm a big fan of your work, And I love this game, so super excited with everything I've seen here and especially with your effort to bring so much new content to us, thank you! All I have to ask you is Interlagos, do it for us, hugs from Brazil

@IanBell

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I registered here in the forum as soon as I saw that you were here answering the people, I could not miss the chance to write directly to you, I'm a big fan of your work, And I love this game, so super excited with everything I've seen here and especially with your effort to bring so much new content to us, thank you! All I have to ask you is Interlagos, do it for us, hugs from Brazil

After a previous request we're now actively working on securing the license.

Sorry, proper double post there. Anyway I went to the team telling them that Interlagos was my favourite circuit that we don't have. So we're now pushing to arrange the license and scan and we might be able to get it in to a DLC pack for pCARS2.

Last edited by a moderator:
@IanBell

Is kylayami getting in? It's a very lovely track.

Also have you ever considered inserting some minardis to the older f1 list?

There's going to be a GOLDEN chance to see most off the at the upcoming Minardi day at Imola, I have some pics and vids of it in case you never heard of it.

Last year they had like 15 minardis and even more toro rossos along with many other teams cars, and most of them went on track so another great chance to capture even sound. Also Giancarlo Minardi is alway there too hint hint.

@IanBell
Question regarding sound: From the videos seen so far the sounds are definitely a step up compared to pCARS1. Although, from certain cameras it seems the tire noise is quite a bit louder, than it perhaps should be? At some points, there's no engine to be heard with the C63 on the ice track.
Qustion: Is it possible to set different volume levels on different sounds? For example engine sound (the players and other cars separately), tire sound, "other environment sounds", etc?

@IanBell
Question regarding sound: From the videos seen so far the sounds are definitely a step up compared to pCARS1. Although, from certain cameras it seems the tire noise is quite a bit louder, than it perhaps should be? At some points, there's no engine to be heard with the C63 on the ice track.
Qustion: Is it possible to set different volume levels on different sounds? For example engine sound (the players and other cars separately), tire sound, "other environment sounds", etc?

Tyre noise is on a slider. You can adjust and it's all early WIP.

Back