Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
hi Ian,
i love that i seen in Trailer and other videos (hud, physics, sound, online infos).
Very good work.
I hope Pcars2 will be in my Chrismas cart this year. :D

lemans-24-hours-of-le-mans-2015-pit-stop-for-7-audi-sport-team-joest-audi-r18-e-tron-quatt.jpg

Questions :
1 - Do you think this scene (image) will be in Pcars 2 ? particulary guy who clean dust in widescreen.
2 - Rain will come with g-effect, in Pcars 2 ?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The Sixth Axis hands on with Pcars 2

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2017/02/10/video-hands-on-with-project-cars-2/

Two things I picked up that I might have missed from before.

Track condition in regard to being rubbered-in is persistent and can last form session to session.;

Weather can be regional across the track, allowing it to be raining at one part of the track, but dry at another.

Last edited:
@IanBell Specific question about online championships: For much longer endurance races, will it be possible to hold a qualifying session a day or two in advance for the race, having the game remember the grid order for the race? Or, would you have to hold the entire race weekend in a single setting?

Small wish: I'd like to see a weather setting similar to random but knows the day, time, and location of the track, picking a realistic sequence of weather slots over the course of the race. Essentially, this would omit excessive rain from Dubai in the summer, but show lots of clouds and rain in Brands Hatch.

@IanBell
I know I'm in the minority of PCARS fans on this forum but, are you considering a way to swap cars in the middle of a championship?
I, like a lot of other people have a busy schedule outside of this game and only manage to play 3 to 4 hours per week; that means that I'm stuck in career mode driving the same car for a good 2 to 3 months, which is a crime with all the great GT3 cars in the game. I actually bought the american car pack just for the corvette but I'm sort of tired of it. Yes I've driven the other cars too (but not on career mode) and that makes the progress even slower.
I understand that with the gameplay in PC1, where you need to sing up with a team, this car swapping doesn't makes a lot of sense, but what about PC2?

(sorry had to post again :-))

@IanBell

Hi Ian, it's great to have you here answering our questions.
I have just a quick question(sorry if it has been asked before)
Are custom grid and mandatory pit stops going to be added in pCars2 in solo mode?

@IanBell

Thank you very much for coming here and answering fan questions. Very nice of you to do so. Any chance there will be more retro F1 and Indycars / Champcars? The early, mid, and late 90's F1 and Champcars were truly amazing and beautiful! I would be happy with this as a dlc if not out of the box. Combined with some of the race tracks previously mentioned and future dlc tracks this would be epic!

Some of the Penske, Renard, and Eagle Indycars / Champcars were just stunning to look at.

2000-Toyota-Indy-Champ-Car.jpg

aarreynard20.jpg

champcar-cart-bourdais-fast-but-tracy-keeps-brands-hatch-pole.jpg

858772b0-fc70-11e3-8099-530e61358f1e_ontrack.jpg

Penske-PC23-Mercedes-3.jpg

Last edited:
@IanBell

A few Q's and requests, if I may:

1. Is there the possibility of an optional super-wide camera angle for cockpit view on single screens, one that shows both side mirrors in their entirety, and a clearer view of cars alongside you? This could be a letterboxed view emulating double- or triple-screen set-ups.
  2. Are the GUI and menus being revised for quick and slick intuitive access, with minimal cycling through pages, drilling down into submenus and backing out? It was a bit of a chore navigating around the pCARS GUI and logic seemed lacking in some instances (eg back out to save in some instances, press 'X' to save in others).
  3. Could we please have better options for quick races, eg where fuel is set automatically depending on the race length (or even accessible on a quick pre-race menu, without having to set a practice session or back all the way out to your garage)?
  4. Could there be different replay camera angles on alternating laps? I know you are doing a lot of work to mimic real-life TV broadcast camera angles, but having several views of the same scene could help replays remain fresh and interesting.
  5. Is there any chance of backfires being more explosive? Recent footage suggests overrun pops and crackles have been audibly cranked up for pCARS 2, but visually these still show the 'slow burn' flamethrower type from pCARS 1. If these were mixed up with more instantaneous, explosive backfires then the variety could look fantastic. Both types exist in real motorsport and they are always thrilling to see.
Many thanks. I'm hearing nothing but positive comments from WMD insiders about pCARS 2 and know the team is pulling out all stops to ensure that the execution matches the grand ambition. It looks absolutely fantastic from what I've seen thus far.

@IanBell I know you haven't officially announced Spa yet so I don't expect an actual answer but we've seen Instagram videos of Rene Rast and "accidentally" getting the track map/name wrong. However, will we have the double pits and the other start line there as separate layouts?

Ever had a chat with a guy called Marcello Lotti or taken a trip to Hampshire to do some drone racing?

Last edited:
After a previous request we're now actively working on securing the license.

Sorry, proper double post there. Anyway I went to the team telling them that Interlagos was my favourite circuit that we don't have. So we're now pushing to arrange the license and scan and we might be able to get it in to a DLC pack for pCARS2.
Good Ian good. Now please scan or whatever it needs done a Ferrari F40, and put it on the game too. Make us whole

And in the process teach Kunos the couple of lessons they badly need about road cars and tyre behaviour. Yes. They seriously need to learn even my wife can drive a ****ing F40, and that "sim" does not equal "undrivable"

@IanBell Have you made changes to ensure Pcars 2 is not as buggy as Pcars 1? The bugs that I experienced in Pcars 1 made me quit the game. I'm hoping the sequel is more stable.

The UI in Pcars 1 was in my opinion a mess, has the UI in Pcars 2 been improved to be more accessible and user friendly? The new HUD looks great.

Can we expect better default controls/FFB for both controller and wheel users?

Hopefully you can answer these questions honestly as they're very important in me deciding whether or not I'll be buying Pcars 2.

@IanBell Have you made changes to ensure Pcars 2 is not as buggy as Pcars 1? The bugs that I experienced in Pcars 1 made me quit the game. I'm hoping the sequel is more stable.

The UI in Pcars 1 was in my opinion a mess, has the UI in Pcars 2 been improved to be more accessible and user friendly? The new HUD looks great.

Can we expect better default controls/FFB for both controller and wheel users?

Hopefully you can answer these questions honestly as they're very important in me deciding whether or not I'll be buying Pcars 2.

1. He's answered this a million times and said it's 87.5% likely.

2. He's said yes to this.

Has the User Interface been improved to allow for Pit Stop Strategies to be created/modified during an Online Race?

Ideally there would be there some way to bring up a sub-menu while you are on the track, without Pausing the game, that can allow for the driver to modify fuel load, tire compound, tire pressures, and damage repair.

Has the User Interface been improved to allow for Pit Stop Strategies to be created/modified during an Online Race?

Ideally there would be there some way to bring up a sub-menu while you are on the track, without Pausing the game, that can allow for the driver to modify fuel load, tire compound, tire pressures, and damage repair.

I like both of these ideas. However, it looks like that the UI has been improved overall so i'll assume yes but i'd like to see it.

I like both of these ideas. However, it looks like that the UI has been improved overall so i'll assume yes but i'd like to see it.
This is a crucial feature. I am really hoping we get some help in this area. For races which might require 5+ Pit Stops over the course of a simulated 24 hours, the current Pit Stop Strategy menu in pc1 is awful.

Exactly yes.
I wonder for locations that have snow in winter, will it snow every time? The reason I ask is because once the initial hype and fluff wears out maybe it will become boring to see tooo much snow. Taking Forza Motorsport and its marketed 3D puddles for example: I already got tired of them after a week and even nowadays I don't drive on them at all anymore if I can choose the track weather.

I wonder for locations that have snow in winter, will it snow every time? The reason I ask is because once the initial hype and fluff wears out maybe it will become boring to see tooo much snow. Taking Forza Motorsport and its marketed 3D puddles for example: I already got tired of them after a week and even nowadays I don't drive on them at all anymore if I can choose the track weather.
Have a look and read http://www.projectcarsgame.com/info.html --> dynamic :)

I know it's dynamic that was not my question.

Will winters turn out that it will snow like almost all the time? That was my question. :)

very thin ice but a suggestion: make a link with the real weather for the tracks or is that too innovative? Do you choose to race in Sweden in winter the chance for snow is about 99,9%. But better choose a track in Belgium, Netherlands, UK that'll change every hour ;)

Back