Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
This is my time in P1 GTR on Monza but i was chaging the setup :)

1:38:367

Attachments

• 14680C33-2080-45D7-BC91-009C4DDFDB7A.jpeg
    14680C33-2080-45D7-BC91-009C4DDFDB7A.jpeg
    58.1 KB · Views: 13
Yesterday i finally managed to end 1 hour of LeMans... I always had a crash or something happened end never finished it. But this time i was preparing few days for it and even made decent setup for Ferrari 488GTE. Action was great. I managed to finish 4th in GTE class thanks to one LMP1 car which hit me while passing xD but it was great fun. I can later post setup for 488GTE for this race. It is World Record setup but I changed some things to make car more durable during 1 hour race.

Oh. I know it is probably strange. I was using soft slicks. In 1 hour time it is good enough (1 pit stop). Probably during longer races i would need hard slicks or something but car is much more stable and controllable on this than on hard slicks ;)

good morning guys, its been a long time since i last posted here.

i had this game on disc month (years) ago and sold it. i'm not sure why.
last weekend the psn store had a special offer. 12,99€ for the base game, 17,99€ for the ultimate edition (wich includes the season pass (5 new tracks, some 20 new cars)).
i was a bit bored, the weather was "too" nice and i wanted to race... so i quickly bought it (ultimate edition)!
1biggrin.gif

man, how i love the weather feature! so last weekend a was racing a lot, setting up crazy track setups like rain followed by a thunderstorm followed by a blizzard!
1biggrin.gif
what fun to drive in these conditions!
applause.gif
added day/night cycle to the mix and i was enjoying it big time!

i was watching SuperGT's controller video (DS4) and some other tutorials... found my prefered settings after some hours on the track.

i own PC1, AC and GTS. PC2 is a nice addition (return), imo!

have a good day!

edit: i was catching up on that thread just this morning and yes, i'm in: P1 GTR at Monza it is tonight! i'm aiming for "below 2 minutes"! :D

edit2: i'll be driving with a controller on PS4 these days as i sold my rig and wheel many month ago.
but i'm really interested in getting a new wheel and building a new rig. when the PS5 comes with a GT title at launch, or around that time, i'll start to build my new cockpit (#4) around christmas time.

Last edited:
Yesterday i finally managed to end 1 hour of LeMans... I always had a crash or something happened end never finished it. But this time i was preparing few days for it and even made decent setup for Ferrari 488GTE. Action was great. I managed to finish 4th in GTE class thanks to one LMP1 car which hit me while passing xD but it was great fun. I can later post setup for 488GTE for this race. It is World Record setup but I changed some things to make car more durable during 1 hour race.

Oh. I know it is probably strange. I was using soft slicks. In 1 hour time it is good enough (1 pit stop). Probably during longer races i would need hard slicks or something but car is much more stable and controllable on this than on hard slicks ;)
I just finished a 1 hour and 40 minutes GTE/GT4/GT5 race with the 488GTE just a hour before you posted this reply :lol:

My race was on monza classic since its my favorite and most use track.

LtA is something I'd like to use but just can't get along with @Mr Grumpy. The movement makes me feel disconnected to the car somehow. I think my wide FOV has something to do with that although I might give it another go sometime. Looks good in your videos though.

I just finished a 1 hour and 40 minutes GTE/GT4/GT5 race with the 488GTE
488GTE!! :eek: Did you accidentally click on the wrong option? ;) Now if we could just wean you off Monza Classic... :)

yet i wish i could move them up even more to 150 or heck even 200
That's look beyond the apex (to the next corner)! :P
Great lap time. 👍

LtA is something I'd like to use but just can't get along with @Mr Grumpy. The movement makes me feel disconnected to the car somehow. I think my wide FOV has something to do with that although I might give it another go sometime. Looks good in your videos though.

488GTE!! :eek: Did you accidentally click on the wrong option? ;) Now if we could just wean you off Monza Classic... :)

That's look beyond the apex (to the next corner)! :P
Great lap time. 👍
I know what you mean about feeling disconnected, that's why I dropped the settings.
At first I made use of all the gimmicks but now I've toned it down (sometimes I even use cockpit only).

Your time is not bad at all its a great time and if you had fun that's what counts 👍
I did. My heart was racing too. :scared:

Had to restart over and over again to set this time. I’m to greedy. :D

Is it possible to set the personal best time as a ghost?

Is it possible to set the personal best time as a ghost?

It's an interesting question. In time trial mode you can load a ghost from any player from leader board. I believe if you find yourself there, could be option to add a ghost. But this may be you have to test yourself.

It's an interesting question. In time trial mode you can load a ghost from any player from leader board. I believe if you find yourself there, could be option to add a ghost. But this may be you have to test yourself.
if its not possible, and i tried selecting myself from the list, i'll just load a ghost time from a user that is around 1:40 at monza.
i really like to have a ghost car on track when learning new things. :)

i really like to have a ghost car on track when learning new things.
Yes it does give you something to aim for.

I think you can only load the ghosts from those with the top times. Maybe the top 20?

From reading a few reports the new PC3 seems to be more advanced with ghosts in that it'll load in times that are just ahead of you so that you can keep improving. Good idea.

Around 19 minutes into my 1 hour 50 minute nightly race this happens i was gonna lap this car and so thought he would move over and let me pass... :crazy:

So after a long way around back to pitlane going no faster then 50 mph i'm in last place :(
Project CARS 2_20200604194333.png

A hour left and i'm just making my way through the field up to 13 place
Project CARS 2_20200604200836.png

42 Minutes left time for a pitstop :dopey:
Project CARS 2_20200604202517.png

With less then 20 Minutes left i miss the braking zone and....

And so the race ends with me and 4th place :) doesn't take away the big smile on my face from driving the P1 GTR :bowdown:
Project CARS 2_20200604211249.png

Jardier, a YouTube simracer uses bonnet or roof cam in most of his sims & he is fast.

He's also a really happy guy, always got a smile on his face.

Type "Jardier project cars 2" into YouTube & watch some of his races.

I've used bonnet cam before, normally if my windscreens been shattered for some stupid reason although no other damage has occurred (hope they get rid of that effect on race cars in future sims) I quite liked it but I prefer being in the car for immersion.

Last edited:
my 1 hour 50 minute nightly race
Nightly! :bowdown:
Is it Monza classic every night? :boggled:

With less then 20 Minutes left i miss the braking zone
What!! You do need more practice at Monza classic then. ;) :)

He's also a really happy guy, always got a smile on his face.
That's just sim racing, it has that effect. Until you crash.

I often use bonnet view. It can be less claustrophobic than the interior views. PC2 has properly positioned bonnet views too. I can use chase cam with a controller but find it odd with the wheel.

Nightly! :bowdown:
Is it Monza classic every night? :boggled:

What!! You do need more practice at Monza classic then. ;) :)

That's just sim racing, it has that effect. Until you crash.

I often use bonnet view. It can be less claustrophobic than the interior views. PC2 has properly positioned bonnet views too. I can use chase cam with a controller but find it odd with the wheel.
I actually use bonnet cam with the Caterham now because that stupid rear view mirror is really annoying.
Look at it.

LOOK AT IT :lol:

In the caterham I find cockpit works if I raise seat, then tilt down a bit.
I prefer to drive with minimal hud so need to see car instruments.
I know they're slightly different versions of the Caterham but it's not on the cars in AMS2.

Unless I'm mistaken & not seen it yet, but so far it's not there.

As far as I’m concerned you can post as many of these recaps as you want. I love to look at them. The little descriptions with the pictures at various parts of the race are immersive

Around 19 minutes into my 1 hour 50 minute nightly race this happens i was gonna lap this car and so thought he would move over and let me pass... :crazy:

So after a long way around back to pitlane going no faster then 50 mph i'm in last place :(
View attachment 927389

A hour left and i'm just making my way through the field up to 13 place
View attachment 927390

42 Minutes left time for a pitstop :dopey:
View attachment 927391

With less then 20 Minutes left i miss the braking zone and....

And so the race ends with me and 4th place :) doesn't take away the big smile on my face from driving the P1 GTR :bowdown:
View attachment 927392

Started a new career after a long hiatus from this game. Currently doing the Formula C European Championship. First race at Brno, very little grip in dry conditions. Second race at Imola, much more grip than in Brno in rain conditions. :confused:

Last edited:
Back