Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Watching Le Mans 24 virtual, I can safely say, that compare to Rfactor, PC could be one the best platform if not those sticky kerbs. If only back then SMS took their time to fix this grip inaccuracy.

Still slower by 9 seconds than faster lap in this race. And it feels with proper kerbs can shave 3 seconds of it.

On other side, it's very funny to watch how cars jumping in Rfactor, and how realistic they go over kerbs in Project Cars.

Watching Le Mans 24 virtual, I can safely say, that compare to Rfactor, PC could be one the best platform if not those sticky kerbs. If only back then SMS took their time to fix this grip inaccuracy.

Still slower by 9 seconds than faster lap in this race. And it feels with proper kerbs can shave 3 seconds of it.

On other side, it's very funny to watch how cars jumping in Rfactor, and how realistic they go over kerbs in Project Cars.
You know the curb pulling effects (and grass for that matter) can be drastically reduced by LSD settings.
It's only because when you run over either the LSD kicks in because it senses reduced grip levels.

Most of the time I run LSD quite high (or even off at 90) and curbs, grass & even puddles are less forgiving.

I also have preload about 200-250 to balance out on/off throttle behaviour. (whether this is correct or real I don't care) but it adds a lot of stability especially using a controller.

I rarely have trouble with this because I tune my cars a funny way, (I tune for oversteer but with front end slip) not sure if camber plays a part but I lower the front more then rear.

There are still some serious curbs to avoid within the game though regardless.

Most of the time I can win a 15 minute race against a full 32 AI at 100/100 from starting at the back.

Like I said, whether it's right or wrong it works for me & my playing style, I have a lot of fun either way.

Last edited:
Anyone done a 24 hour race in pcars 2?

On Friday i tried to do so.

Started Friday morning at 9:30am and by Saturday around 4pm with 5 hours left my game started to act weird making me have to quit the race sadly.

And by weird i mean at around 5 hours left my car had this weird turn in the frame rate on the car were skipping when it turn? and on top of that the car was reaching over 230 mph when it shouldn't be doing that, it just went full weird.

I did 450 laps in total.

car - p1 gtr
Track monza classic combine version.

Anyway i'm gonna try again in the future cause it was so much fun and amazing watching the day turn to night and back to day in real time and then i had fog and rain happen in real time.

I've never tried to run it that long. I remember having problems with the framerate getting very choppy late in the race when I did 8 or 10 hours at LM in pC1, but that was the older game and on different hardware than I have now, and did somewhat clear itself up eventually(but then I got the steam overlay stuck and had to drive the last 90 minutes or so barely able to see :) ). Maybe one of these days I'll try it, and see if Bob can keep it together while I sleep.

Anyone done a 24 hour race in pcars 2?

On Friday i tried to do so.

Started Friday morning at 9:30am and by Saturday around 4pm with 5 hours left my game started to act weird making me have to quit the race sadly.

And by weird i mean at around 5 hours left my car had this weird turn in the frame rate on the car were skipping when it turn? and on top of that the car was reaching over 230 mph when it shouldn't be doing that, it just went full weird.

I did 450 laps in total.

car - p1 gtr
Track monza classic combine version.

Anyway i'm gonna try again in the future cause it was so much fun and amazing watching the day turn to night and back to day in real time and then i had fog and rain happen in real time.

Wow, you put some hours in the man, did you do the whole thing up to the weirdness or did Bob do some.
What's your stats look like? Laps,hours etc.
Fair play to your dedication. :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Wow, you put some hours in the man, did you do the whole thing up to the weirdness or did Bob do some.
What's your stats look like? Laps,hours etc.
Fair play to your dedication. :cheers::cheers::cheers:
Bob? Is that the swap driver feature? if so no i have personally never use that feature, i was using the suspend and resume feature from the ps4, i would do a 90 minute to 2 hour session then take a break for 30 minutes to a hour and continue.

When i started my total play time said 1280 when i quit it said 1299 so its at 1300 total play time now.

Bob? Is that the swap driver feature? if so no i have personally never use that feature, i was using the suspend and resume feature from the ps4, i would do a 90 minute to 2 hour session then take a break for 30 minutes to a hour and continue.

When i started my total play time said 1280 when i quit it said 1299 so its at 1300 total play time now.

Bob is the usual nickname for the AI driver, yes. One I am unashamedly guilty of perpetuating. Somewhere along the way-back-when I think it originates from "Robbie the Robot" but got popularized on this forum with Gran Turismo 5 and "B-Spec Bob."

I've never seen a game that has one that works completely without issues and the pCARS one definitely has some, but being able to live-swap to it like you can in pCARS is great for getting that live race endurance feel, running races longer than you can(or certainly should) do in one sitting on your own without having to make them take 3 times as long.

Also on the PC version there's no way to suspend a race so you just have to leave it paused.

I've not used BOB cos the longest I'm doing so far is 45 mins in the league I'm in. ( Lightweight I know )
One thing I have done is turn the engineer off. Everytime he comes on telling me I've done a PB I then lose concentration and mess up haha.
Left the spotter on tho.

I've not used BOB cos the longest I'm doing so far is 45 mins in the league I'm in. ( Lightweight I know )
One thing I have done is turn the engineer off. Everytime he comes on telling me I've done a PB I then lose concentration and mess up haha.
Left the spotter on tho.

Same thing happens to me, 'that's your fastest lap well done' two corners later I run wide & off the track. Cheers mate.

Personally i wouldn't let BOB drive my p1 gtr anyway so :embarrassed::)

He sent me message, that he knew that you'd say that, but that was his dream, after everyone on GT planet made their hot lap on Monza. Give him a chance! He is a bad driver, but a good robot.

As for an engineer, he has some good lines, sometimes assuring you that pace is right, or little bit lower than could be, plus only one who reminds me about burning tires and breaks. Dunno, wish he had more useful lines, for different stuff.

I refuse to get excited for pcars 3 till the p1 gtr is confirm. :dopey:

So till then i'll keep enjoying pcars 2 like i have been since day 2 of its release back in 2017 boy how times flies :(

This are my stats and why pcars 2 is one of my top 5 favorite games of all time i just love the driving in this game and i really hope its the case with pcars 3

77DqnJc.png

being able to live-swap to it like you can in pCARS is great for getting that live race endurance feel,

What do you mean by live swap? I thought you had to go into the pits to turn it over to the AI driver. Are you saying there's a way to do it without going into the pits? That would be a game-changer for me

What do you mean by live swap? I thought you had to go into the pits to turn it over to the AI driver. Are you saying there's a way to do it without going into the pits? That would be a game-changer for me

No, the pits is what I meant. Live just meant as the race is running I guess. Poor choice of words.

So whats the deal with this car the Lotus 56?

It sounds like a has a jet engine i thought it was gonna take off on me :lol:
You can fill it up with 265L of gas which is 305 laps around monza classic :crazy:
It has only 61 lb/ft of torque
Only one gear.

Only down side is its super slow in accelerating.

So whats the deal with this car the Lotus 56?

It sounds like a has a jet engine i thought it was gonna take off on me :lol:
You can fill it up with 265L of gas which is 305 laps around monza classic :crazy:
It has only 61 lb/ft of torque
Only one gear.

Only down side is its super slow in accelerating.
Gas turbine I think.

I tried it out a few times, this was the car I was using when I had a blackout at Daytona

Thinking of trying the 24 hour race again this week last time i made it to 5 hours left.

Gonna try to cut down the time using suspense and resume and try and go longer each session.

Any advice? :)

Tempting to share with you guys, but will try to make it ultimate 3 goals hit, first. Tease that I bypassed 1700 DR today and close to another 2 goals I had:).

Back