Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Could somebody explain how clutch works on PC2?
I can't find any clutch setting in the menu, there is posibility to map clutch button only (I did that). While racing I set auto clutch to off and I have strange situation:
1) I need to engade clutch pedal when take of start (if not - engine just stop to work) - correct;
2) when I engade clutch pedal while driving I am losing throtle - correct;
3) while driving I can change gear without using clutch pedal - incorrect.
How to solve that?
I use Fanatec gear on PS4, but the same was when I used TM gear.

That's a good question. I think one of the drawbacks in PC2 is that there isn't gearbox damage it seems and because of that, you can just shift the gears without the clutch. Of course you're going to want to use a clutch for, let's say, mid corner shifting and easing it into gear or to heel and toe.

Could somebody explain how clutch works on PC2?
I can't find any clutch setting in the menu, there is posibility to map clutch button only (I did that). While racing I set auto clutch to off and I have strange situation:
1) I need to engade clutch pedal when take of start (if not - engine just stop to work) - correct;
2) when I engade clutch pedal while driving I am losing throtle - correct;
3) while driving I can change gear without using clutch pedal - incorrect.
How to solve that?
I use Fanatec gear on PS4, but the same was when I used TM gear.

There's no end to discussion of the PC2 clutch out there. Basically, they made it extra forgiving due to some people not liking being punished for mis-shifts and believing that clutch users might have an advantage. Which rather ruined it for the rest of us.

So if auto-clutch is disabled you can shift without the clutch and it will do some sort of emegency auto-clutch for you anyway.

While you can shift most real cars without the clutch, it's obviously a potentially difficult and damaging thing to do. In the game using the clutch is supposed to be slightly faster than without it, but the difference is extremely small if any. I find that what I do with the throttle has more effect on how long it takes to shift than what I do with the clutch. Unless I mess it up badly, in which case getting the clutch wrong is far slower than just not using it at all, whatever you do with the gas. So people who don't use a clutch actually have an advantage. :)

I thought the clutch sensitivity and deadzone could be adjusted at lest. There is definitely a difference in the way the clutch bites on road cars vs race cars. But a lot of people just don't use it all since you don't really need to.

Edit: a letter

Last edited:
I know it's old but man I still love this game. Even when it kicks my ass.

7ansvpf.jpg

For the record, I drove great. Had a lot of bad luck with the AI this time, most of which was unpredictable. I never damaged it without their help. RoboDriver lost a minute or two in his stint, I was still in the mix but bad bot luck sent us to the back with 2 hours to go. Still had a shot at seventh but I made one big mistake of not yielding to a car(I think a GTE Ford) that came out of the pits exactly alongside me and tried to go side by side through the Esses. Tip: you can't ever go side by side through the Esses with them.

Well I bought the deluxe upgrade for PC2 for 13.99 on the US PS Store which is a good deal to get all of the DLC except the Japanese pack. I was a little bummed by that but it is only 4.99 so that's not bad. Anyway I can't wait until later on. I did try out a multi class custom race last night and that was a blast. I will have to do that again!

kjb
Well I bought the deluxe upgrade for PC2 for 13.99 on the US PS Store which is a good deal to get all of the DLC except the Japanese pack. I was a little bummed by that but it is only 4.99 so that's not bad. Anyway I can't wait until later on. I did try out a multi class custom race last night and that was a blast. I will have to do that again!
A Multi-class racing weekend at the right track is incredible.

To have four classes of cars in a practice session is sublime.

Good god, i was losing hope with some basic quality level and real sims on console lately. With wrc pff, got fed up and fired up pc2 since long.

What a relief, at least cars look, sound and feel like you actually race a car, and need to drive them yourself, jeez.

Went try the rs200, then the fiesta rx supercar i think it was, good grief, what a difference in quality from wrc games pff. Pissed off honestly at garbage they try make us swallow.
Half done anything on these games grr.
And gamey and bad control difficulties, instead of more real challenge.

Thank god there's a few still good quality sim products on console.

Just wish maybe the feel was a little more weighty on my ffb, but i guess it's a limit with the g29 too.
Cheers.

Last edited:
Good god, i was losing hope with some basic quality level and real sims on console lately. With wrc pff, got fed up and fired up pc2 since long.

What a relief, at least cars look, sound and feel like you actually race a car, and need to drive them yourself, jeez.

Went try the rs200, then the fiesta rx supercar i think it was, good grief, what a difference in quality from wrc games pff. Pissed off honestly at garbage they try make us swallow.
Half done anything on these games grr.
And gamey and bad control difficulties, instead of more real challenge.

Thank god there's a few still good quality sim products on console.

Just wish maybe the feel was a little more weighty on my ffb, but i guess it's a limit with the g29 too.
Cheers.
PC2 can be great fun. Really wish they integrated championships in game. Going from a PS4 Pro with T300 to a PC with DD2, I can say that it gets even better but you're right. PC2 is still one of the best on console for variety of content and better feel than the rest. (ACC aside)

PC2 can be great fun. Really wish they integrated championships in game. Going from a PS4 Pro with T300 to a PC with DD2, I can say that it gets even better but you're right. PC2 is still one of the best on console for variety of content and better feel than the rest. (ACC aside)
You think acc is worth it on std ps4? I really want to avoid things like stutter though. And too many bugs. Too bad no complete ed. for it, gets expensive with all dlc, and I'd be interested even more in the gt4.

Ehh, maybe wait? I mean obviously on PC it's wonderful but I can't say for console. That seems like a next gen game. I don't know if I'd spend the money on PS4 but then again, free transfer to PS5 anyways I read.
Yeah, except i just saw a post on acc showing the kunos dev not acknowledging if it will be a pc version port or the ps4 version.....

And that it's another dev doing the newgen version,...again. good god.

An earlier post seemed to imply it would be kunos doing it but alas.

Last edited:
You think acc is worth it on std ps4? I really want to avoid things like stutter though. And too many bugs. Too bad no complete ed. for it, gets expensive with all dlc, and I'd be interested even more in the gt4.
The short answer is, NO.

I bought ACC just to have something different because I was playing PC2 from launch.

The sounds are untouchable and the force feedback is incredible but even on a PS5 it hurts your eyes.

If you bought it you would be initially impressed but you would find your way back to PC2, for a variety of reasons.

I play it on PS4 because that's all I have at the moment. It's pretty good actually....a solid game. The only time you might get the odd lag is on online lobby but even that is intermittent and bearable IMO. And you may be even able to get the game for excellent low price in the deals (DLC/Season pass et al) offered time and again so why not take advantage of the offer. And if or when you do get a PS5 it will be upgraded for free so Win-Win.

@davidt33 Well still tempting and it is on sale now on psn, but only the base game, and there's a few important dlc that end up costing quite a bit.
Pretty juicy dlc for me, i could always just get the base game for now of course. But for a poor port, it be basic in content for the price, i dont know.

Last edited:
@davidt33 Well still tempting and it is on sale now on psn, but only the base game, and there's a few important dlc that end up costing quite a bit.
Pretty juicy dlc for me, i could always just get the base game for now of course. But for a poor port, it be basic in content for the price, i dont know.
Although I have others, ACC is the only racing sim I've been playing for a good while now, mainly playing with some friends in online lobby on a particular night. Coming to think of it it's the base game I had bought myself and have not regretted it. I think I bought it not too long following release because the guys wanted to move from AC to ACC after it was released as a natural progression.

Last edited:
Re-installed this on my laptop having not played it for a couple of years after being disappointed with the AI and lack of quali in Forza 7 and having a blast. It's a game I always wanted to like but found it awkward playing with a gamepad (getting a wheel's still on my to-do list...). After a lot of trial and error and jiggery-pokery with the settings I've finally got it to work well for me. I'm floored by how well it holds up graphically, it's easily the best looking game on my laptop. it's a shame the team changed tack with the third installment.

Was getting into ACC but due to health issues don't have the dexterity or stamina to do long races so needed something more arcady.
Same i recently reinstall it but to drive the corvette c8r since i want nothing to do with that other so call project cars game.

Re-installed this on my laptop having not played it for a couple of years after being disappointed with the AI and lack of quali in Forza 7 and having a blast. It's a game I always wanted to like but found it awkward playing with a gamepad (getting a wheel's still on my to-do list...). After a lot of trial and error and jiggery-pokery with the settings I've finally got it to work well for me. I'm floored by how well it holds up graphically, it's easily the best looking game on my laptop. it's a shame the team changed tack with the third installment.

Was getting into ACC but due to health issues don't have the dexterity or stamina to do long races so needed something more arcady.
As you're on PC this...

...is what you need and what PC3 should have been and more.

No news and that would be something that would be years off anyways. They update the thing at least once a month with major changes. Quite frankly, I can see all the people complaining just like they did for PC2 and how it didn't run as good as it did on PC.

ACC releases on console and their posts just get lambasted with console people complaining about this and that. I just don't get it.

Project CARS 2 4 years since release (A nostalgic post)

Just a few days till it makes 4 years since project cars 2 came out i wanted to post a screenshot of my save a save i started back on sep 23 2017 when i got my copy of project cars 2 and that i still use today every mile, every lap, every minute, every hour you see in this picture started on that day.

project cars 2 become my most beloved driving/racing game of all time,

while i have alot other racing games on my ps4 none have stayed install for more then a month they just didn't capture me the same way project cars 2.

I remember a quote i said back in late 2017 that goes i love the driving in this game and that's still true today.

Project CARS 2_20210918010530.png

Last edited:
It will be be nice if they make the next Project Cars next gen only to take advantage of the newer hardware but that probably won't happen. Anyway I just keep enjoying PC2!

As in a sequel to PC2? Not including PC3?
They said that they were going to make the next one "more real" or whatever they said but they say a lot of things.
Mostly famous for - - - - "PC3 will be all the simulation you'll ever need."

And then we all barfed.
I did more then just barf PCARS 3 is one of my top 3 most hated games of all time and that's being nice. 😒
kjb
It will be be nice if they make the next Project Cars next gen only to take advantage of the newer hardware but that probably won't happen. Anyway I just keep enjoying PC2!
I'm more concern rather i'll have a PS5 by the time pc4 comes out or better yet save up enough to buy a pc that can run the game whenever it comes out.

Back