Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Have to admit though, pc2 is quite a gem as a complete sim on std ps4, when it's a car I like in feel and sounds.
It has it all, and runs ok even, as long as not too many cars.
Only real reason I'd be anxious for a real sequel is many cars i just can't like the sounds, and feel sometimes.
Love the Aston Martins, McLarens, less so some Ferraris etc.
Cheers.

Have to admit though, pc2 is quite a gem as a complete sim on std ps4, when it's a car I like in feel and sounds.
It has it all, and runs ok even, as long as not too many cars.
Only real reason I'd be anxious for a real sequel is many cars i just can't like the sounds, and feel sometimes.
Love the Aston Martins, McLarens, less so some Ferraris etc.
Cheers.
If you ever get the chance to hop on AMS2, I would take it. You might want to see what can happen when people put the time into making the engine work better.

Started with career and afer Ginneta Junior, Renault Clio Cup is big problem to me.

It is just too spinny on turning.
Talking about normal turn ins, with proper braking before.

Any tip, setup hint or something to prevent it from spinning in every corner?
Now on Sneretton 300 and is unplayable.

You have to setup the car some. What are your pressures? If I remember, you can lower the rear pressures as they're a bit high.
You have to drive the car like a FWD Hatch. Try straight line braking and then give light throttle through the whole corner to keep the car straight. You can't lift off in corner or trail brake much in these cars. The front needs to pull the rear through the corner. It's a different driving style completely.

You have to setup the car some. What are your pressures? If I remember, you can lower the rear pressures as they're a bit high.
You have to drive the car like a FWD Hatch. Try straight line braking and then give light throttle through the whole corner to keep the car straight. You can't lift off in corner or trail brake much in these cars. The front needs to pull the rear through the corner. It's a different driving style completely.
Thanks.

They are at 1.60bar, I didn't change it anything.

Tried few setups from YT and it doesn't help.

I'll just skip this car/track combination, maybe next one will be better (have second and first place from first two rounds).

Thanks.

They are at 1.60bar, I didn't change it anything.

Tried few setups from YT and it doesn't help.

I'll just skip this car/track combination, maybe next one will be better (have second and first place from first two rounds).
Find these yet?

Started with career and afer Ginneta Junior, Renault Clio Cup is big problem to me.

It is just too spinny on turning.
Talking about normal turn ins, with proper braking before.

Any tip, setup hint or something to prevent it from spinning in every corner?
Now on Sneretton 300 and is unplayable.
I can help only with Ginneta, because it is RWD, as myself kinda struggle with FWD vehicles. 1.60 on rear is ok if for 3-4 laps this pressure don't go above 2.10, and temperature is on green every time. To start with super stable car put rear toe in something +5, rear bar to zero. Springs little bigger on both, but with rear being longer than the front. In dampers add some according to springs, key here to have maximum stiff rear, but rebound must be more than dampening. And in the end make preload somewhere 100 and power to 90. This is a starting point though, from here drive and start to cure understeering with making front stiff, if this will be not enough lower rear a bar first, and others, with springs and differential preload being very last.

In theory if mirrored it should work on FWD, but it will not, and I never had enough time to get my hands on it. For tunning also recommend time trial session, you will start with working temperature and pressure, alone on free track.

Last edited:
Find these yet?

I'll try this one for sure, thanks.

I don't remember now what setup I did on the Clio personally other than lowering the rear tire pressures. I had a lot of trouble getting used to the car at first too, but after sticking with it for a while I came to really like it. Watching a video or two about driving FWD race cars helped, as it really is a very different driving style.

One of the most important things to remember in pC2 is that you really do have to drive the thing extremely hard for the first couple laps to get heat in the rear tires. Once they warm up even a little it will be much more manageable, but it's still a pretty wild car to drive. You can't do things the way you normally would do, but the car can do things that the other cars can't.

I went and got PC2 for my Series S this weekend. I don't really care for the career mode, I'm more into doing my own custom races.

Right now, I am running the full Rolex 24 (thanks to the Quick Resume feature, I can just pick up where I left off). I chose the Leiger #16 Nissan LMP2 running against LMP3 and GTE cars. I could've added LMP1 for more accuracy, but I'll save that for Le Mans ;)

Currently, I passed Hour 2 with a 15 second gap behind another Leiger (I think it's a Honda, it's quicker than me on the straights). Weather is Light Rain, but hopefully it won't last long.

kjb
Glad you are enjoying the game! Career mode is not for everyone so that's is okay. I didn't know there was a resume mode in custom races. I might be tempted to do some endurance races now :lol:
Only with the Series consoles can you do Quick Resume, it's not an in-game feature.

I actually used to play PC2 on my old PS4, but... it's old and I want to keep it going until GT7. We'll see come Black Friday if I can sneak out with a PS5...

Last edited:
kjb
Okay then I guess I won't be doing endurance races then
The PS4's "rest mode" will do exactly the same thing. Provided you have set it to "keep applications suspended" in the power save settings option menu, it'll shut down then resume exactly wear you left it. It's probably best to pause the game first rather than turning it off mid corner. :)

I try to keep my endurance races to what I can handle in a day, and take a break for as long as I need every pit stop or two. 4.8 hours is usually pretty manageable with 1 or 2 breaks along the way once you're used to it. Takes a good chunk of time but won't kill an entire day. 2.4 is easier and good to get used to driving longer — but after a while it doesn't feel quite "epic" enough for 24-hour races at least, the night and varying weather patterns are a bit short.

Going longer means leaving the game running that much longer, and becomes difficult to do with some LONG breaks or letting Bob drive for you(and all the problems he brings). So I only do that on rare occasions. Plus PC2's limited time-scale options make things a bit awkward for adjusting your race length.

I try to keep my endurance races to what I can handle in a day, and take a break for as long as I need every pit stop or two. 4.8 hours is usually pretty manageable with 1 or 2 breaks along the way once you're used to it. Takes a good chunk of time but won't kill an entire day. 2.4 is easier and good to get used to driving longer — but after a while it doesn't feel quite "epic" enough for 24-hour races at least, the night and varying weather patterns are a bit short.

Going longer means leaving the game running that much longer, and becomes difficult to do with some LONG breaks or letting Bob drive for you(and all the problems he brings). So I only do that on rare occasions. Plus PC2's limited time-scale options make things a bit awkward for adjusting your race length.
With the Series, you can shut the console off and even unplug it and it'll still save your previous session.

When I'm done with a stint, I normally save when I leave the pits.

Sorry for Double Posting...

Rolex 24 Update #2:

6 Hours in the books, Dusk has settled as well as another patch of rain. Now 2 Laps ahead.

Here's a shot of the sunset from Hour 5
ee1844bb-790c-4c4b-8e89-def0b2508950.png

I should start looking for a Spotify Playlist so I don't get bored with these 2 hour stints. I'm looking for a GT-esque soundtrack, or even better a whole collection of tracks from the series.

Well after learning that gt7 needs to be online all the time (I cant do always online games sorry) i have gone back to pcars 2 and have restarted my trip to the moon?

What i mean by trip to the moon well is simple my p1 gtr has over 270K km and a trip from earth to the moon is 384 400 km.

Wont you join me on this trip? :)

Well after learning that gt7 needs to be online all the time (I cant do always online games sorry) i have gone back to pcars 2 and have restarted my trip to the moon?

What i mean by trip to the moon well is simple my p1 gtr has over 270K km and a trip from earth to the moon is 384 400 km.

Wont you join me on this trip? :)
This is strange timing, indeed. I haven't been on the site in so long and I was curious to see if anyone is still playing into the older games. This makes me want to fire up PC2 myself.

I didn't realize that gt7 was going to follow GT sport and be only online all the time. I know that's the new way of things but I hate that. It's the same way with The Division

Has anyone here played PC2 on PC in VR lately? Has it improved since say, 2 or 3 years ago? I used to play it a lot in my Oculus Rift CV1 and the immersion was great but the image quality left a lot to be desired. That was back on a GTX1080Ti. I wonder how well it looks and performs in VR on something like a 3090?

Has anyone here played PC2 on PC in VR lately? Has it improved since say, 2 or 3 years ago? I used to play it a lot in my Oculus Rift CV1 and the immersion was great but the image quality left a lot to be desired. That was back on a GTX1080Ti. I wonder how well it looks and performs in VR on something like a 3090?
Well I've sold my VR recently and last time I played in VR was like a year ago. I had a GTX1080 with an i7 7700 and PC2 to be honest was one of the best looking sims in VR on my samsung odyssey plus.
So I'm pretty sure it will run and look great on a 3090. I know that's not helpful much lol but I mean a 3090 for God's sake man... :lol:

EDIT: Oh and pairing a Rift CV1 with a 3090 is like driving your shiny Porsche with its front windshield full of dirt and brown-like while the wipers don't work.

Last edited:
Been a while since an update, blame FH5...

Anyway, still trucking with 11 Hours passed. Still 2 Laps ahead and the 3rd patch of rain has come and gone (set the weather to Sync With Race, so 3 more left). I might have made a mistake by swapping to Soft Slicks while the the track is still wet...

Been a while since an update, blame FH5...

Anyway, still trucking with 11 Hours passed. Still 2 Laps ahead and the 3rd patch of rain has come and gone (set the weather to Sync With Race, so 3 more left). I might have made a mistake by swapping to Soft Slicks while the the track is still wet...
Speaking of FH5, and not to hijack this thread, but I've posted this couple of days ago in FH5 support thread and didn't get any reply. Do you think you can help?

Halfway done! I know I'm not going to finish before I leave for vacation Saturday, but I'll try to make as much progress as possible. And with GT7 releasing the week after I come back, I might have to make a little break again 🙃

Back