Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Hey guys, quick question. Anyone with a PS5/Series X and a 4KTV, do you find overall the enhanced resolution or visuals modes to be a better option? If so which one do you prefer? Cheers!

I go with enhanced resolution with all effects on. As a stress test I run at Spa, with 32 cars under rain. Charging Eau Rouge is thrilling and smooth. Maybe it drops a frame or two here and there, but I couldn't notice. I have the Series X and an LG C1.

I go with enhanced resolution with all effects on. As a stress test I run at Spa, with 32 cars under rain. Charging Eau Rouge is thrilling and smooth. Maybe it drops a frame or two here and there, but I couldn't notice. I have the Series X and an LG C1.
Thanks mate, I did settle on resolution for the time being as it happens. I prefer the overall sharper image and less aliasing, any drop in visual quality seems to be negligible at best. I know it's all dynamic anyways but thought I might be missing something, I also did Spa with 32 cars under rain!

but thought I might be missing something
I mostly tend to use resolution mode as well. I think it outputs at a maximum of 1440p. There are subtle extra differences using the graphics mode. One of the most notable is the clarity and draw distance in the rear view mirrors, which is nice. However on some tracks in some time and weather conditions I find it can cause flickering. I am on a PS4 pro though so you might get different results

Interesting announcement. I've always been hopeful for a PC4 that builds on the excellence of PC2. Looks like that may still come true

How nice is it though, that we can still play the game unlimited without restriction completely offline?

And, for my friends who play in leagues online ( I'm looking at you, @IfAndOr ) they can still enjoy multiplayer.

Thank you @Fezzik for sharing

Project Cars 2 may be p2p, but servers which holding times and other data could be closed. Not sure if multiplayer still will be operatable.

Project Cars 2 may be p2p, but servers which holding times and other data could be closed. Not sure if multiplayer still will be operatable.
Based on the announcement, all the servers will remain open and the games will just be no longer purchaseable.

A FAQ to supplement the announcement would have been helpful in clarifying a concern like this one.

Then, perhaps they will port it for PS5 the way they did ACC. Fingers crossed
Depends on what Codemasters (or EA, I really don't know how THAT particular relationship works now) want to do with it.

Depends on what Codemasters (or EA, I really don't know how THAT particular relationship works now) want to do with it.
AMS2 is not owned by EA or Codemasters it just uses SMS engine, and they paid for that. I am not sure if SMS can limit Reiza to not release their game on consoles?

AMS2 is not owned by EA or Codemasters it just uses SMS engine, and they paid for that. I am not sure if SMS can limit Reiza to not release their game on consoles?

Not really sure I've even heard of a developer getting their game blocked by the company they got their engine from so I don't think so. Biggest question is would Reiza even be interested in doing it let alone be in a position to do so?

Not their call unless it's an odd provision of Reiza licencing the Madness engine, Reiza is an independent developer not owned by EA or Codemasters (or SMS).
Unless it was a part of the agreement when Reiza licenced the Madness engine, and even then if such a condition would survive two ownership changes as well.

Currently on sale for £5 on xbox if anyone wants to grab a digital copy before it goes

Still near full price on PS.

Currently on sale for £5 on xbox if anyone wants to grab a digital copy before it goes

Still near full price on PS.
It was recently on sale on PS with the Deluxe edition around £5. I used the opportunity to pick up a digital copy!

Such a shame, but all good things come to an end eventually, besides most people who like PC2 already own it & have all the dlc.

I personally think this was one of the best games on the half gen consoles (1X & Pro) so much content & so many configurations of cars, tracks, time & weather to mess around with.

I remember racing online once where the host decided to race GT3 cars on an icy Silverstone, I lapped most of the drivers & the other half rage quit because I new what to expect through my own messing around with strange race configurations.

I'm still enjoying it now, even more so on the SX.

I really did think though that this was going to be the start of real racing sims coming to console especially with the power of the new machines but sadly all we got was PC3, a half baked ACC port & no chance of ever seeing AMS2.

Such a shame, but all good things come to an end eventually, besides most people who like PC2 already own it & have all the dlc.

I personally think this was one of the best games on the half gen consoles (1X & Pro) so much content & so many configurations of cars, tracks, time & weather to mess around with.

I remember racing online once where the host decided to race GT3 cars on an icy Silverstone, I lapped most of the drivers & the other half rage quit because I new what to expect through my own messing around with strange race configurations.

I'm still enjoying it now, even more so on the SX.

I really did think though that this was going to be the start of real racing sims coming to console especially with the power of the new machines but sadly all we got was PC3, a half baked ACC port & no chance of ever seeing AMS2.
ACC on PS5 is alright, available on PS+. Bit too hardcore for me though!

And despite owning a half decent PC like a mug I got taken in with the next gen console upgrade and bought all of the DLC :(

Last edited:
And despite owning a half decent PC like a mug I got taken in with the next gen console upgrade and bought all of the DLC :(
I almost did too, but instead decided to just get my fill with the base game and then eventually moved back to PC2! So would you say ACC on PS5 isn't worth getting the DLC for?

I almost did too, but instead decided to just get my fill with the base game and then eventually moved back to PC2! So would you say ACC on PS5 isn't worth getting the DLC for?
If you think ACC is too hardcore for you, then the DLC will not change that.

I don't know what it is, but I keep on playing pc2 and ams2 daily. ACC only occasionally. It's choice of cars and tracks that I really like in games.

ACC does everything right and beyond with it save during race feature.

I'm probably not the person to ask as A: I'm a controller user, B: I haven't got a PS5, I bought it on Xbox Series X. What I can tell you is that compared to the PC it just feels off, the feeling on controller is much better on PC. But the game overall just feels boring to me, I much prefer PC2, AMS2 and FM. I dunno perhaps I haven't played it enough, it's just I have no desire to.

Last edited:
Back