Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Wrong thread really, but how does PC3 run on PS5. I still enjoy it, as you say, for what it is, but it does struggle on occasions on my PS4 pro. They strangely managed to make the graphics/performance both better and worse! Is it smooth on the 5?
It runs pretty well to me. I haven't had any issues

Last edited:
I never heard anything about the whole of AMS2 being done by the end of 2021. For such a small team?
I'm not sure the big buzz about console but I can't see it being everything that people hear about already. GT7 and ACC already have lods popping in right before your very eyes so they can just run. Maybe they get AMS2 to work, I would think that would be far off anyways though.
80% of the content in AMS2 runs great. The tracks are beautiful and some of the best looking around. Weather is done really well with backdated weather scenarios for years. I've never felt more immersed and felt on track as I have with AMS2. Also I've never scene a team of people be so involved and into communication with the community. I can overlook small oversights and delays when I know that Reiza is a genuine team. That couldn't of been said for the Project Cars franchise so far. Well maybe in the beginning.
I hope they can wrangle Project Cars back in line. If they work with what Reiza has already proved can be done, A PC4 could be a top contender.
It was the plan. They got out of EA almost year ago but it is rather still EA. That doesn't look they can create everything and MOSTLY polish it. I know, small team but SMS created good package overall with some bugs and people had problem with it. When Reiza has much bigger problems, it's not a problem. I think optimism of first months is gone. If they want to finish it one day, they need to do it differently. But I could be wrong.

Kunos can't do console release and it's much bigger company with much more money. I don't think there is any possibility, mostly because of money. I can imagine investor but you almost never want it because he doesn't do it for free and the price could be too high.

Sure, AMS2 is great, if you do what works. I would like to have polished racing game. They got amazing engine and just needed to fill it with a game. Overall sim situation is bad so AMS2 is no worse than others at all, I just believed what they said year ago. My other problem is with gamepad implementation and it will stay with us forever, I guess, because maybe only SMS do "big" changes.

Overall, PC2 is not that bad as internet says. :D

Overall, PC2 is not that bad as internet says. :D
I know right. If you listen to the 'net this is a terrible game with poor physics and unrealistic blah, blah. While some of that may indeed be true it is a good game to me. Since I 'm not a professional driver or someone who has raced on track take that with a grain of salt. Because you people who just drive everyday know nothing about driving :lol:

I thought (for me) this game had the best online experience. Good racing if you got in with the right bunch. If you were wiped out on a corner it was either a genuine mistake and you got an apology, or the test pilot got booted out.

kjb
I know right. If you listen to the 'net this is a terrible game with poor physics and unrealistic blah, blah. While some of that may indeed be true it is a good game to me. Since I 'm not a professional driver or someone who has raced on track take that with a grain of salt. Because you people who just drive everyday know nothing about driving :lol:
The trouble is, all of this stuff is subjective, right? And when you factor in the human element and different experiences, differences in hardware, we could go on for days, what feels right to you and I might feel totally wrong to someone else. And most games get some things right and others completely wrong, the PCars series included. Funny thing, when you look under the hood at what's actually being "simulated," you might find some games are running a little more math in the background than others (admittedly, it's been quite a while since i've done so myself) and who's trying to do what may surprise you, which was probably PC2's biggest problem with the older consoles and slower PC's with things like its (perhaps overly complex) tire model and very good aero model and such.

Then there's this guy

kjb
I thought people hold PC2 high? Is it worse than PC1?

kjb
There some hate for it on the Internet. Some feel like the physics are not were it should be and some the cars don't handle properly. AI can be sketchy. Stuff like that. I enjoy it though
To those I also refer them to this video, by racing driver and race instructor Nik Romano (minor language warning - if I recall - oh and he talks quickly - very quickly)

I just fired it up on my PS5 plugged in my GT DD Pro and it’s just amazing how incredibly good this Game feels.
My previous Wheel in game settings which i was using with my prior Wheel the T300 feel different though. I had to lower the FX Slider from 55 to 10 and now it feels pretty awesome.
Maybe we have someone around here who has an even better Setup for this Wheelbase and might be so kind to share the Settings. Currently I’m using the following in Game Settings:
Flavour: immersive
Gain: 84
Tone: 32
Volume: 36
FX: 10
Pretty much the same as on my T300 besides the FX which I had to lower a lot because of the Violent Oscillation I get with higher FX Settings.
I‘m open to your Suggestions.
Maybe @Scaff has some wise Man advice for me.
But even if not, I’ll definitely take my time and will happily enjoy this Masterpiece of Console Racer.
Best Racing Game on Console for me. Period.

Yeah I fired it up last night and took the Porsche 917K around Vintage Hockenheim, lots of fun.

SMS do vintage tracks in PC2 better than just about anyone in my opinion, Vintage Le Mans is great as well.
That they realy do. I love Monza & Spa. I haven't tried Hockenheim that is definitely next on my list when I play it again this weekend

SMS do vintage tracks in PC2 better than just about anyone in my opinion, Vintage Le Mans is great as well.
Vintage Le Mans is my all time favorite. I have more mileage there than anywhere. The Ferrari 512S trimmed out doing 234mph down the Mulsanne is exhilarating.
kjb
That they realy do. I love Monza & Spa. I haven't tried Hockenheim that is definitely next on my list when I play it again this weekend
One thing to remember about Vintage Hockenheim is that there are no brake marker signs. It really catches me out at times especially if I'm following a car closely and lose track of where I am. Maybe @Scaff can answer this as I'm not sure but I don't know if there weren't any brake markers on the real life version of that track or did SMS just forget to put them in. There is a vintage F1 race from the early 80's on Youtube but I didn't pay attention to see if there were any brake markers present.
I just fired it up on my PS5 plugged in my GT DD Pro and it’s just amazing how incredibly good this Game feels.
My previous Wheel in game settings which i was using with my prior Wheel the T300 feel different though. I had to lower the FX Slider from 55 to 10 and now it feels pretty awesome.
Maybe we have someone around here who has an even better Setup for this Wheelbase and might be so kind to share the Settings. Currently I’m using the following in Game Settings:
Flavour: immersive
Gain: 84
Tone: 32
Volume: 36
FX: 10
Pretty much the same as on my T300 besides the FX which I had to lower a lot because of the Violent Oscillation I get with higher FX Settings.
I‘m open to your Suggestions.
Maybe @Scaff has some wise Man advice for me.
But even if not, I’ll definitely take my time and will happily enjoy this Masterpiece of Console Racer.
Best Racing Game on Console for me. Period.
The one problem I'm having with my CSL DD on this game is that it feels like the wheel is slightly off center and there is a feeling of notches in the wheel. So it's like it doesn't have a true 12 o'clock center position. The rim I have to use for PCars2 is heavy with the Universal Hub which makes it a little worse. I had the same trouble trying to center my Formula V2 rim. It won't stay at true center, it wants to fall to either side because of the notch.

353B8E62-BA17-4816-AED7-0243C6CC06DE.jpeg353B8E62-BA17-4816-AED7-0243C6CC06DE.jpeg2928F661-350C-4C21-9006-F98E0159DE6F.jpeg353B8E62-BA17-4816-AED7-0243C6CC06DE.jpeg288D42A9-897B-47B8-932D-B662143F3FD2.jpeg
The one problem I'm having with my CSL DD on this game is that it feels like the wheel is slightly off center and there is a feeling of notches in the wheel. So it's like it doesn't have a true 12 o'clock center position. The rim I have to use for PCars2 is heavy with the Universal Hub which makes it a little worse. I had the same trouble trying to center my Formula V2 rim. It won't stay at true center, it wants to fall to either side because of the notch.
That’s strange, mine doesn’t do that… maybe some Settings are off 🤔

I just took this Picture

Last edited:
I'm thoroughly enjoying Gran Turismo 7 and I think it's a big upgrade from GT Sport.

However, I am loving the love that PC2 is still getting because it is the deepest, most robust, most option packed racer on console.

It's the closest thing we have to a PC level racing game on console. You can play PC2 for years and still not do everything there is to do in the game.

The learning curve is steep and that possibly deters some racers who are looking for something a little more casual, like GT Sport.

You enjoying those payout cuts today that pretty much secure the fact that you'll never own half of the cars in game unless you pay out of your wallet? What a farce. (yes I have the game too)
I knew there was an update this morning but I didn't know what the update brought. If they've reduced payouts, that's disappointing because that means that microtransactions are what matters the most to them.

But, like I've stated over in the gt7 forums, it doesn't affect me greatly because there are really only a couple of cars in each class that I'd like to use regularly. And, I must have left seven or eight million dollars on the table in GT Sport that I never used.

For people who love collecting cars, this is definitely a let down. But, I'm a little older and I'm expecting to have the game for 4 years and figure eventually, I'll get whatever cars I want.

Some people love the grind and some people don't but I'm impressed that every car was available in Project Cars 2 right from the beginning.

The learning curve is steep and that possibly deters some racers who are looking for something a little more casual, like GT Sport.
I don't think the performance on the base consoles helped, that certainly put me off. I swear some cars would just 'give up' even on straights. But I've been running with the default controller set up on my XSX with little problems, outside a little tuning. And even then the engineer can make it easier than Forza at times.

Last edited:
While waiting for GT7 to install on my hard drive I fired up PC2 and chose Acura GT3 on classic Hockenheim. That was a blast! The first big long straightaway going into T1 and the 1st chicane is a thing of beauty. The whole track is nice. I took out the 1999 Calsonic 989 or whatvere next and got up to about 190 on that 1st straightway and crashed but still fun. I switched to GT86 and that was nice too. I will probably be doing some more hot lapping on there to familiarize myself with the track but it is very quickly becoming one of my favorite tracks. By the way is there a way to mark you favorite tracks and cars?

kjb
While waiting for GT7 to install on my hard drive I fired up PC2 and chose Acura GT3 on classic Hockenheim. That was a blast! The first big long straightaway going into T1 and the 1st chicane is a thing of beauty. The whole track is nice. I took out the 1999 Calsonic 989 or whatvere next and got up to about 190 on that 1st straightway and crashed but still fun. I switched to GT86 and that was nice too. I will probably be doing some more hot lapping on there to familiarize myself with the track but it is very quickly becoming one of my favorite tracks. By the way is there a way to mark you favorite tracks and cars?
I agree, like that track, and other classics.
I think you can save your favorites on the bottom page of the menu where you can choose custom race etc.
Had fun with the 911 gt3 rs last day.

For me PC3 fills that gap, though it's not really a PC game IMO. And yes PC2, after all these years, is still an amazing experience.

How is it not a PC game? I have it on my PC. It's a game. On top of that it looks 10x better than what I've seen on console. We can have arcade games too I hope. :)
Crazy enough, while GT7 was down, I figured why not revisit PC3 to see how it holds up. The FFB first of all seems to be better but I'm on a DD2 and need to use a drivehub to work with GT7. The drivehub is having some minor issues at the moment with firmware for GT7.
PC3 might not have the polished pazaz as GT7 but it really could have been a good contender if they reworked the career structure a bit. The AI in PC3 are leagues better and really too aggressive. It promotes having to run into other cars and blast through AI that choose to go 3 wide forever. Get the break boxes crap and time trials into a "mission" setting and not in the career and force a more rags to riches progression, update cars approach and it may have done better (of course with pitting and tire wear, fuel usage would help).
PC2 still has relevance and fun that won't go away though. There's people still making mods for it to this day.

How is it not a PC game? I have it on my PC. It's a game. On top of that it looks 10x better than what I've seen on console. We can have arcade games too I hope. :)
Crazy enough, while GT7 was down, I figured why not revisit PC3 to see how it holds up. The FFB first of all seems to be better but I'm on a DD2 and need to use a drivehub to work with GT7. The drivehub is having some minor issues at the moment with firmware for GT7.
PC3 might not have the polished pazaz as GT7 but it really could have been a good contender if they reworked the career structure a bit. The AI in PC3 are leagues better and really too aggressive. It promotes having to run into other cars and blast through AI that choose to go 3 wide forever. Get the break boxes crap and time trials into a "mission" setting and not in the career and force a more rags to riches progression, update cars approach and it may have done better (of course with pitting and tire wear, fuel usage would help).
PC2 still has relevance and fun that won't go away though. There's people still making mods for it to this day.
He is talking about a Project Cars game. It has many of the assets and tracks but they took away everything that made it Project Cras. It more SHift than Project Cars

kjb
He is talking about a Project Cars game. It has many of the assets and tracks but they took away everything that made it Project Cras. It more SHift than Project Cars
Yes, this. Sorry for the ambiguity. And indeed, it's a spiritual successor to Shift 2 Unleashed. Of course they couldn't use the name back then because EA. Today is a different story though, now that EA owns Codemasters, so in theory they could just rebrand it and make a successor. :)

Latest Posts

Back