Project CARS 2 PC Cars Mods General Discussion

• Thread starter Cote Dazur
  • 104 comments
Canada
Ottawa
I recently discovered that some beautiful car mods were available to download in PCars2

project-cars-2-17-mar-20-21-29-38.png

It would be great to have a thread were modders and users enjoying mods could exchange links and good finds.
I have downloaded, the above Jaguar, a very nice Yellow bird

rif-ctr-yellowbird-posts.jpg

and a stunning Alpine.

5hgeuk69f0c41.jpg

lets share our good finds and help each other add new content to PCars2

If there's a way to share the discord here, I will (I don't know how the invite thing works)

Sadly it seems as though a lot of the modders are getting a little burnt on PC2, that's the bad news. The good news is that it seems like they may start a switch over to AMS2 which would be really nice.

As in getting a bit tired of modding PC2. This is just recent talk on the discord and people pop out of it. I took a bit of a break from AC myself after just sitting and messing with text files for hours on end. Looks like they can't really mod PC3 and who wants to really, so they've moved to trying to get content into AMS2, which would be great if they could. Not sure on the legality but we'll see.

Last edited:
I wonder how different is the PC2 sounds structure from AC as both using FMOD.
It will be wonderful if someone managed to port PC2 cars to AMS2 but, If we can somehow use AC sounds on PC2, that will be enough for me.

PC2 has excellent cars line up, but most of their sounds are just horrible.

Any specific feedback on the handling?
The two I tried (The Alpine and Jag above) both handled extremely well and in a manner I would expect. I actually have experience of the A110 in reality and the mod is good (unlike the utter mess the car is in PC3).

Hi @gvse! Great to see you here. Thanks for all the work you do on keeping PC2 alive. You bring good content.
I'm wondering though if there are any tutorials, yootoob videos or forum threads that can help me get into modding physics of the cars? I'm comfortable modding in AC and know my way around that and started getting into PC2. I don't want to start asking a lot of questions that have already been asked but when I search on the topic, I don't get any good hits that point on "how to's".

Last edited:
Thank you!
I'm responsible for the jaguar so I really appreciate the kind words. Do try the other mods and share your impressions. I'm transitioning to ams2 but can take suggestions on board while converting the cars JDougNY and myself made for pc2. Our pc2 mods are at this blog: https://projectcarsmoddingteam.weebly.com/

BTW, the game doesn't really support modding. You need to wrestle it into submission

Hi @gvse!
I'm wondering though if there are any tutorials, yootoob videos or forum threads that can help me get into modding physics of the cars? I'm comfortable modding in AC and know my way around that and started getting into PC2. I don't want to start asking a lot of questions that have already been asked but when I search on the topic, I don't get any good hits that point on "how to's".
There are no tutorials as such. You need to hex edit binarized physics files JDougNY and others have made translations for.
I recommend joining this discord channel, where you're free to ask any questions: https://discord.gg/AeR3yQP

Last edited:
There are no tutorials as such. You need to hex edit binarized physics files JDougNY and others have made translations for them I recommend joining this discord channel, where you're free to ask any questions: https://discord.gg/AeR3yQP
Thank you. I'll continue to scour through there. Lots of reading. Good luck to you getting into AMS2, looking forward to see what comes. Seems as though that might be the road to go down.

I have installed,
Fia GT1 Mod for Project Cars 2 Updated
ob_43460e_fia-gt1-mod.jpg

I can test drive the cars in Private testing, but when I try to race them in Custom Race, it crashes the game, does some one know what I am doing wrong?

I have installed,
Fia GT1 Mod for Project Cars 2 Updated
ob_43460e_fia-gt1-mod.jpg

I can test drive the cars in Private testing, but when I try to race them in Custom Race, it crashes the game, does some one know what I am doing wrong?
That mod didn't work for me either until I installed the game on an NVMe SSD drive from a regular HDD. Then it didn't hang up anymore. In fact that kept all my mods from freezing the game or crashing it for the most part.
Try just one at a time in practice and see if that works. Warning, you'll have to adjust the seat position big time. LOL (if you drive from cockpit)
Just saw the bottom part where you did test single cars.

Last edited:
I really recommend posting questions and reporting bugs where mod creators reside. I visit here obviously, but most other modders are at that discord.

I really recommend posting questions and reporting bugs where mod creators reside. I visit here obviously, but most other modders are at that discord.

yes, this is good advice, what would be nice is to have this thread act as the one we have on AC mod. It took a life on its own, almost 2000 pages. Very active community. Discord is not the same, I hate discord to be honest. This thread could be mod central for PCars2 mods the same as the AC mod thread is now ac mod central for the community.

Last edited:
Thank you!
I'm responsible for the jaguar so I really appreciate the kind words. Do try the other mods and share your impressions. I'm transitioning to ams2 but can take suggestions on board while converting the cars JDougNY and myself made for pc2. Our pc2 mods are at this blog: https://projectcarsmoddingteam.weebly.com/

BTW, the game doesn't really support modding. You need to wrestle it into submission
Only just remembered you said you are transitioning to AMS2, mods for that I’m interested in as well.

mods for that I’m interested in as well

Indeed, maybe even more than PCars2, as AMS2, at this time, as a lot less content than PC2.

I noticed there is no dedicated AMS2 thread on GT Planet, as a member of the staff, can you do anything about that?

Last edited:
Well, in general PC2 modders shy away from forums. This is mostly due to the fact that the 3d content is not scratch made. There was an active PC2 modding thread at RD, but it all but died once the discord server was set up.
JDougNY and I used to publish our mods/conversions at NoGrip (the cars would have an exe check to see if the end-user had the game a model was taken from) but the site is now long gone. I guess it's the time of discord for now.

AMS2: you will hear statements that the game is not moddable. This is repeated by people who never created a mod for Shift/PC1/PC2, and is simply not true. The game is as moddable as PC2 is, at least for the time being. The thing is it's in ongoing development and I am wary of releasing mods early and prompting the devs to lock the game up to any modding attempts. Plus taking the time allows us to polish and test the cars. Once they are out they should be in a really good shape, though!

There was an active PC2 modding thread at RD

Good point, but GT is not like RD, if you have a chance, visit this thread, all we are sharing is conversions.
Reiza historically has always been favorable to mods, AMS2 should not be any different.
Official games web sites and RD, need to keep a distance from conversions, but all the SIM who have mods, are mostly having conversion mod and a sparkle of scratch made, I would not worry about it. Also I can see most modders for PC2 have their own web page, they do not seem to worried.
Modding is about spreading the joy and sharing the passion, the more can know, the better, and it does not come any bigger than GT Planet.:gtpflag:

Personnaly I would love to share my mods here or anywhere else than discord. I really feel that the fact that mods are only on discord is a constraint for the majority of users. But the last time I put a link on a forum, I received a warning and my post was deleted because the 3d model was not scratch made...
I'm the creator of the Alpine seen here, but also a lot of other mods, and a lot of mods for PC2 are coming soon!

@robillard3381 Most mods in AC, AMS1, RF2 are conversion, both tracks and cars, as long as it is not sharing a "paid" mod, their is no issues. the only other sometime touchy subject is that some conversion modders do not want other people to post a link to their mod, but it is easy to fix, we just remove the link.
Sharing links and/or video with links here is not a problem.
This thread should mostly be about sharing best practice and interesting finds anyway.
Just a place for those interested in either making or driving mod cars in PCars2 to interact and exchange.

Last edited:
Back