Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
SMS is partnered with Bandai Namco, and they seem to be happy with each other. The last Ridge Racer game -- Unbounded -- was developed by Bugbear, demonstrating BN's willingness to let someone else have a shot with the IP, departing from the series formula and established driving mechanics in a bid for relevancy. And although RR is not as relevant as it once was, it's still a valuable brand and would create a lot more buzz around a new racing title than something like World of Speed or Red Bull Air Race.

Ridge Racer isn't a new IP of course, but an open world RR game with a new moniker could be called a new franchise. Or it could be some other kind of spin on the IP. I'd be very interested in a "Ridge Racer Horizon" with Bandai Namco's backing and Slightly Mad's tech, taking place in and around Ridge City. :)

SMS is partnered with Bandai Namco, and they seem to be happy with each other. The last Ridge Racer game -- Unbounded -- was developed by Bugbear, demonstrating BN's willingness to let someone else have a shot with the IP, departing from the series formula and established driving mechanics in a bid for relevancy. And although RR is not as relevant as it once was, it's still a valuable brand and would create a lot more buzz around a new racing title than something like World of Speed or Red Bull Air Race.

Ridge Racer isn't a new IP of course, but an open world RR game with a new moniker could be called a new franchise. Or it could be some other kind of spin on the IP. I'd be very interested in a "Ridge Racer Horizon" with Bandai Namco's backing and Slightly Mad's tech, taking place in and around Ridge City. :)

I think I was the only one that bought RR unbound LOL, never seen a online system broke so bad. Never could race with more than 3 people

I think I was the only one that bought RR unbound LOL, never seen a online system broke so bad. Never could race with more than 3 people
I didn't give it a second glance, lol. The last thing I wanted at the time was a Burnout-esque urban destructo-racer, much less one with a "drift" button. Certainly not with Forza Horizon to play instead.

First person to get it 'exactly' correct gets 500 pounds worth of pCARS2 kit. And I'm not saying it hasn't been correctly guessed, or otherwise :)

Oh wow! So, humm, I'll try something. All I can think of is a drift game. So...an Initial D game?

Well, Andy is clearly a fan of Ridge Racer. :P
http://www.redbull.com/en/games/stories/1331714854909/project-cars-delayed-to-perfection
Part of assuring the game's commercial success was partnering with veteran publisher Bandai Namco Games – a union which Tudor feels has put Project CARS in an even stronger position. "We chose them for a reason due to their heritage in Ridge Racer and other iconic titles, their ability to spread the word about the game worldwide, and the pure logistics of shipping a product to multiple territories in multiple languages," he reveals.

The word "massive" couldn't be fluff. It has to mean something.

I figured the RallyX cars was big.
Nissan, Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini are in the game. That's big.
We'll have time attack cars in the game. Pikes Peak is big. The Indy 2016 season cars is massive, but there hasn't been much chatter from SMS.

eSports keeps getting a buzz. Mostly because of PC1.

Live Track 3.0 is the biggest feature of PC2. How can that translate to a new franchise that is sort of racing?

Racing against a clock, is racing.

Man, good luck the person that wins this one.

The word "massive" couldn't be fluff. It has to mean something.

Something to do with World of Mass Development? Probably not, but that's only related thing I can think of.

Or maybe an official Stadium Super Trucks game? Would be fun, but I don't think that's it.

I think I have it - Planet Drifting. Those badboys are pretty big. Massive even!

You need to hold the planet in a gargantuan drift but apply too much power and you will break from the gravitational pull of your host planet. I think it would be out of this world personally.

I'll PM you @IanBell with my details.
:D

In all seriousness I can see it being something like Dakar as you have the wonderful tech to bring it to life like never before.

Once you can get the Toyota TS010 for PCars2 I'll be happy. Such an overlooked savage machine.

Last edited:
I don't think it has anything to do with cars. What I get from the phrase MASSIVE is that it is something larger than tracks. In them rhelm of 100 km minimum. I think we might get either a space sim game or a flight sim. You're going to be piloting something that goes pretty fast either way

Could be another cooperation with Red Bull for some crazy events in snow, sand, air and dirt.
e.g. ski, snowboards, flightsuits, para gliding etc.
Ubisoft got there first with Steep. You never know though. I'm sticking with my guess of Planet Drifting.

My guesses are a ridge racer comeback of sorts or an Air plane racer using the physics of the Red Bull racing games.

Ridge racer open world?

Back