Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
You're all way off the mark. Slightly Mad Studios are developing Project Stannah, a stairlift racing game to appeal to the 'silver surfer' market. The game will feature single-storey, switch-backs, split-level, the lot. With full leaderboards, so that Mabel can try and beat Doris from no. 64 Watley Road, it's sure to be a massive hit.

You read it here first :)

You're all way off the mark. Slightly Mad Studios are developing Project Stannah, a stairlift racing game to appeal to the 'silver surfer' market. The game will feature single-storey, switch-backs, split-level, the lot. With full leaderboards, so that Mabel can try and beat Doris from no. 64 Watley Road, it's sure to be a massive hit.

Now that sounds thrilling. Will it be complete with the sometimes faulty stairlift we often see in cartoons?

Project Cars 2 is listed in Partners section of "Formula Drift". http://www.formulad.com/partners/
If more "MASSIVE"... FIA WEC ! Indy, nascar, Formula1 ??
So they do. However, I think it would be more a Project CARS 2 area than a separate game. Formula Drift is too niche to have it's own game.

A very VERY massive...franchise.

Hmm... Nothing to do with Project Cars...

SMS will be involved with Le Mans somehow.

We should not add the word "franchise" to Ian's statement this is how speculation and rumors start with that one little word

Now that sounds thrilling. Will it be complete with the sometimes faulty stairlift we often see in cartoons?
Nope. Due to licensing restrictions with Stannah, all stairlifts will be 100% fully functioning. They have not specified, however, that the stairlifts cannot be modified in any way, so expect to see some pretty extreme camber on some of them :)

We should not add the word "franchise" to Ian's statement this is how speculation and rumors start with that one little word
But Ian used the word franchise himself in his post :)

"The 'massive news' that is coming has nothing to do with pCARS. You heard it here first. It's a new franchise and very VERY exciting :)"

Nope. Due to licensing restrictions with Stannah, all stairlifts will be 100% fully functioning. They have not specified, however, that the stairlifts cannot be modified in any way, so expect to see some pretty extreme camber on some of them :)
Definitely not buying. Was looking forward to it but I can't see Stairlift Features like the one showcased in The Simpsons Season 17 Episode The Seemingly Never-Ending Story.

Meh... No Saab, no buy.

Meh... No Saab, no buy.
Even if Project Stannah is promoted by Iannah Montana himherself? Come on, that's got to be worth a buy ;)

Definitely not buying. Was looking forward to it but I can't see Stairlift Features like the one showcased in The Simpsons Season 17 Episode The Seemingly Never-Ending Story.
These, sadly, are the perils of licensing proper products. I would have hoped though, that the full customisation might have swung it for you. Maybe they can take your feedback, though, and look at adding it in a DLC pack :)

Who is going to do the gtp news feature for this? :sly:

I can't call this one. It's fun to speculate, but this could be anything.

The level of detail for whatever it's going to be, should be spectacular. Jeez... Pikes Peak? Targa Tasmania? Cannonball Run? These are sort of racing.
What if they do motorcycles? Isle of Man TT? Boats? NHRA?

If SMS were trying to get car drivers into something else, how would they go about it? How do they get people to buy into it? Will they even risk a venture from 4 wheels to 2 or to the sky?

MUCH more massive guys. That's all I'm saying for now :)

I guess you got a deal for a Star Wars game? Going by Andy's recent tweets on that movie franchise.

Somewhat racing would be either... Podracing or simply flying those ships in space. A new X-Wing VS Tie Fighter?

Track. And. Field.
winner! We just acquired rights to redo the physics for the popular Track-and-Field QWOP game! ;)

Attachments

• qwop.jpg
    qwop.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 22
True again.

Or maybe they got the licence for WRC 2017? Another thing I'd consider "massive" and it fits the "sort of" racing, as it's basically only time trial.
Or does Codemaster hold the WRC licence with their "Dirt Rally" game?
Codemaster don't hold it, which is why Dirt 4 has no 2017 WRC spec cars in it.

It's a "SMS Boss Simulator 2017". You get to be Ian, post on various forums to hype the upcoming game up and answer questions, prioritize the features for the development team, choose which tracks to laser scan and which cars to license assuming a limited budget, agree with publisher on profit splits, and just generally work on making your new game a success. At the end of the "season" or a development cycle, you are rated by the game review websites and punters and also you find out how many sales the game got. Kind of like FIFA manager :)

I think this fits with "kind of" racing :)

It's a "SMS Boss Simulator 2017". You get to be Ian, post on various forums to hype the upcoming game up and answer questions, prioritize the features for the development team, choose which tracks to laser scan and which cars to license assuming a limited budget, agree with publisher on profit splits, and just generally work on making your new game a success. At the end of the "season" or a development cycle, you are rated by the game review websites and punters and also you find out how many sales the game got. Kind of like FIFA manager :)

I think this fits with "kind of" racing :)
And you get to laugh at all the people calling you a liar whilst you swim in cash and an enjoyable game. :P

Let's see.....

They've done cars with World of Speed and Project CARS, and Shift.

They've done planes with Redbull Air Race

How about a BOAT racing game? Project BOATS?!?!

Or maybe they are branching out to Bikes? Project TT (motorbikes), or maybe Project Tour de France (bicycles)?

Let's see.....

They've done cars with World of Speed and Project CARS, and Shift.

They've done planes with Redbull Air Race

How about a BOAT racing game? Project BOATS?!?!

Or maybe they are branching out to Bikes? Project TT (motorbikes), or maybe Project Tour de France (bicycles)?
Plot Twist: They are actually Pixar and trolling us because they're developing Cars 3 and selling Project CARS 2 to show off their potential graphics.

He said it's racing "sort of" so I'm gonna go with something that we aren't doing the actual racing ourselves but is involved with the pre-established racing SMS already has. Maybe something official to do with CrewChief or other stuff like that? Connections to FIA? Gran Turismo said they have this and what did it amount to?

He said it's racing "sort of" so I'm gonna go with something that we aren't doing the actual racing ourselves but is involved with the pre-established racing SMS already has. Maybe something official to do with CrewChief or other stuff like that? Connections to FIA? Gran Turismo said they have this and what did it amount to?
I'd say things like Rally and Time Attack are more sort of racing. Because you're racing against the clock as opposed to other people. Although we'll never know.

Too late!

Nah, this is too basic.

I was thinking along the lines of a AAA FPS type graphics, Mass Effect style conversation choices with your developers/partners/publisher, VR support, in-game game testing using pCARS engine (that may have to come in the second version though), etc. :)

Latest Posts

Back