Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
So, this new franchise.
I'd guess that the weather system of Project CARS 2 is too big not to be reused. It's sort of racing but not exactly? So it's got to be not on tracks. Even a Dakar licence is racing so it can't be that.
What sort of game would benefit the most from a fully dynamic engine? an open world game.
Now let's speculate. A massive franchise can be a film or series of films. I'm going for an open world Fast & Furious game.

Hang on, there's a thread just for that speculation...

A liked Tweet that adds more fuel to the fire that Spa and Monza aren't officially announced because of classic variants. Maybe even Sonoma?

Well, vehicular soccer game perhaps. Soccer game itself is massive, with a Rocket League like game, it combines both racing and 'massive', right?

First person to get it 'exactly' correct gets 500 pounds worth of pCARS2 kit. And I'm not saying it hasn't been correctly guessed, or otherwise :)
Is it an open world game like Forza Horizon? Probably caused by you having produced 2 games already and can't really see any huge improvements for performance without alienating the standard versions of the consoles to justify a sequel?
Although as you've said in the past that doing Rally in this wouldn't allow you to properly do it justice, is it a Project CARS: Rally game which incorporates previous aspects like time/weather/dirt aspects. Especially as you said how it's sort of racing and in rally, you're racing against the clock.

SMS are the new devs for making NASCAR game's:P

I'm kidding but God damn I wish they could. I bet they'll add all the stuff that we been missing in NASCAR games since the EA games. And I bet they'll do it on the first attempt.

One possibility would be a dedicated Rally franchise (as others have mentioned). I also wonder if it could be a drag racing game, but not sure that would be considered "massive"? My guess is an open world 'race weekend' simulator. Buying tires/fuel for the full race weekend, car set-up, pit strategy, maybe being able to race yourself or being able to hire a driver, and maybe even managing a team with multiple cars. Though I can't imagine that sort of game would lead to a franchise. Rally seems like the only type of game guessed so far that could afford its own franchise.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ridge Racer is a series of arcade-style racing games developed and published by Namco, both for the arcade and on various video game consoles based on the actual Ridge Racer series.

Ridge Racer uses several locations, the most famous of the series is called Ridge City. Ridge City contains varied landscapes such as cities, beaches, woods and mountains. Ridge City is located in Ridge State, whose location is unknown. However, the town still retains its original virtually and naturally from Ridge Racer and Ridge Racers 2. The Ridge Townscape is diverse with lanes running through towns, beaches, wooded areas, and mountains. In some of the first games, all tracks share the same line starting and ending but opening or closing the different parts of the track in order to produce a different course. The soundtrack predominantly has enough techno trance music features composed by Namco at artists home. Most games use Reiko Nagase as a mascot, and many feature sequences.

Actually forza 6 has a couple hot wheels too
Just saw that I didn't even know :boggled:.

Never been a fan of adding fantasy/ toy cars to games that otherwise have a roster that consists completely of real life rides. It looks out of place to me. PCARS has a couple of them too like the Marek but at least with those you can still be forgiven thinking that hey are real.

Anyhow, back to speculating. Would this massive experience be VR only? :dopey::

m0wjlNE.jpg

My guesses:
-Something with motorbikes
-Race of Champions
-Some crazy tracks with mixed terrain and competitors as seen in Cars 2

Back