Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
Nice Pics!! How was your experience running the game on PC? Did you notice a very different game? (In terms of Graphics, FFB, IA gameplay)
Looks good rather pc or pro.

Of cause it really depends on your pc my laptop is good enough to run most settings on high.

Gameplay wise it feels like a new game i find myself having to break for a corner alot earlier with the p1 gtr then i do in the console version.

Overall i'm more then ok with both version. :D

Nice Pics!! How was your experience running the game on PC? Did you notice a very different game? (In terms of Graphics, FFB, IA gameplay)
I wouldn't say very different game. But. You can tell that the game was designed and optimized for PC.
Graphics - Yes, better. And none of the screen tear, jaggies and such. Smoother experience.

FFB - Seems very similar. Could be smoother but that has more to do with the Physics.

Physics - This along with the graphics are where you get the edge. The cars feel more right. Due to the PC being able to sample the physics at a higher frequency rate, they seem easier and more intuitive to control.

Of course both are good experiences and get you what the game was intending. You can just say that on a high end gaming PC, the experience is just overall smoother where as on even a PS4 Pro, you can tell there are some minute compromises hear and there to get it to run through the hardware.

Physics - This along with the graphics are where you get the edge. The cars feel more right. Due to the PC being able to sample the physics at a higher frequency rate, they seem easier and more intuitive to control.
Or not. ;)

With a PC more like my laptop, or somewhere in between (for a more realistic expectation to be able to enjoy the game), you may or may not be any better off. My computer managed 10-20fps in PCARS Pagani Edition, solo or with one AI, and it was a very wonky experience at times (and it played havoc with my video driver even after I closed the game and made sure the process was ended, until a system restart -- yay PC gaming!!). That wasn't PCARS2, but the Madness engine is evidently not the most stable engine in the world.

Just worth bearing in mind for those who don't have a high-end gaming PC. :)

I wouldn't say very different game. But. You can tell that the game was designed and optimized for PC.
Graphics - Yes, better. And none of the screen tear, jaggies and such. Smoother experience.

FFB - Seems very similar. Could be smoother but that has more to do with the Physics.

Of course both are good experiences and get you what the game was intending. You can just say that on a high end gaming PC, the experience is just overall smoother where as on even a PS4 Pro, you can tell there are some minute compromises hear and there to get it to run through the hardware.
What about IA? Is the same on pc and ps4?

What about IA? Is the same on pc and ps4?
AI?
They are pretty much the same. They still do their weird squabble about thing back and forth until they spread out a bit but I think they're pretty similar. I like the AI in PC2, some don't, I like how they try to regain the position once you pass them.

Or not. ;)

With a PC more like my laptop, or somewhere in between (for a more realistic expectation to be able to enjoy the game), you may or may not be any better off. My computer managed 10-20fps in PCARS Pagani Edition, solo or with one AI, and it was a very wonky experience at times (and it played havoc with my video driver even after I closed the game and made sure the process was ended, until a system restart -- yay PC gaming!!). That wasn't PCARS2, but the Madness engine is evidently not the most stable engine in the world.

Just worth bearing in mind for those who don't have a high-end gaming PC. :)
Ooof.
I've had a couple crashes so far but I'm messing around with mods too. Before the mods, I didn't have any problems. I've read over and over that PC2 is a resource hog.

Physics - This along with the graphics are where you get the edge. The cars feel more right. Due to the PC being able to sample the physics at a higher frequency rate, they seem easier and more intuitive to control...

There's no difference in physics tick rate between the platforms (with the possible exception of the XBOX One with larger AI grids).
So there must be something else that gives you the impression of better physics on PC.
My best guess would be differences in the FFB signal.

I don't know what it is then, I feel like you can throw the cars around a bit more without the fear of them loosing grip and spinning round.
Could all be false though.

There's no difference in physics tick rate between the platforms (with the possible exception of the XBOX One with larger AI grids).
So there must be something else that gives you the impression of better physics on PC.
I don't know :indiff:

There was definitely something different with the way the p1 gtr handles.

To me the car just feels like it has more weight to it.

The difference is that an extra-powerful PC does not bottleneck the physics engine like the consoles and weaker PCs can. I doubt there's any difference in solo practice, but the conditions/settings that can introduce bottlenecking are not extreme and are actually quite common throughout the career mode.

I don't know :indiff:

There was definitely something different with the way the p1 gtr handles.

To me the car just feels like it has more weight to it.
I would listen to this man! Just ask him how many miles he has on that car. If he says something is different, I would bet my life on it that he is correct

Seems that over in GT land they are very excited to soon get Spa-Francorchamps. Pfff, been driving there for a couple of years now, in the rain, snow, fog and darkness. Nice sunsets there too. :mischievous:

It doesn't say when they are getting the original classic layout added.

I'm glad you brought this up because it makes me crazy when people say GT Sport stays so fresh and relevant.

Adding one track every so often is an illusion. They can add another 20 tracks next week still be well behind the track count of project cars 2

To project cars defense they have way more tracks than any other racer/sim. That seems to have been their focus and the list is massive. The next closest game with sheer number of track locations is either forza 7 or rFactor? So yeah any game can add 20+ more tracks and still not be close to PC2 70ish locations.

To project cars defense they have way more tracks than any other racer/sim. That seems to have been their focus and the list is massive. The next closest game with sheer number of track locations is either forza 7 or rFactor? So yeah any game can add 20+ more tracks and still not be close to PC2 70ish locations.
Well officially released tracks I guess. I have somewhere around 300 in Assetto Corsa. :lol:
rFactor 2 is next but this is all due to the modding community.

:eek:

How do you manage to choose where to race?!! Do you just shut your eyes and click at random? :P
Ha! Funny enough there is a randomize button in Content Manager that will randomly pick everything.
I'm not even close to mastering all those. Realistically, some of them should probably be deleted because while they could be fun, they aren't up to kunos quality. Lots of Kart tracks, lots of Point to Point rally tracks. They make free roam highways and country freeways with two way traffic to go through. Circuits I've never even heard of but exist in other countries.
I like grabbing a group of cars, usually slower ones to start out with, and just learning one at a time. Keeps it new and fun.

Supposedly there's "808" tracks in this list alone. I would never be able to get through all of this. lol

https://ac-forum.webnode.sk/rainmaker-tracklist/

They make free roam highways and country freeways with two way traffic to go through.
Mods are cool, and this ^ is something I'd particularly appreciate, but after toying with extra cars and tracks in PC games for years, honestly I've had my fill of this:
Realistically, some of them should probably be deleted because while they could be fun, they aren't up to kunos quality.
A neverending cycle of "wow, cool!...Oh, it doesn't work like it should." Especially cars with their physics-related variables.

Mods are cool, and this ^ is something I'd particularly appreciate, but after toying with extra cars and tracks in PC games for years, honestly I've had my fill of this:

A never ending cycle of "wow, cool!...Oh, it doesn't work like it should." Especially cars with their physics-related variables.
Boy there's truth in that. :P
Being an IT guy, I like the nerdy back end of SIM racing too though. I have a bit of a programming background and if I find a turd that doesn't have something right with it, I try and fix it myself. Instead of racing you start getting into opening files up and playing with values. Cars that don't even take off from the grid because their upshift value is set higher than their rev limiter, arms that move faster or farther on the steering wheel and you know you have your degrees of rotation synced on your wheel.
Project CARS 2 mods are even harder to work with, I'm working on an Audi TCR car that, unless you're right up on it on track, it's just a floating driver making his way round the track. Some probably would find this boring or a waste of time but I have fun trying to figure out how things work.

Boy there's truth in that. :P
Being an IT guy, I like the nerdy back end of SIM racing too though. I have a bit of a programming background and if I find a turd that doesn't have something right with it, I try and fix it myself. Instead of racing you start getting into opening files up and playing with values. Cars that don't even take off from the grid because their upshift value is set higher than their rev limiter, arms that move faster or farther on the steering wheel and you know you have your degrees of rotation synced on your wheel.
Project CARS 2 mods are even harder to work with, I'm working on an Audi TCR car that, unless you're right up on it on track, it's just a floating driver making his way round the track. Some probably would find this boring or a waste of time but I have fun trying to figure out how things work.

Not boring at all and part of the hobby for many. I love designing and building PCs and sim rigs more than racing sometimes. Seems like I'm building 3-4 PCs a year anymore and constantly tweaking my rig.

The pass :bowdown: a 2 hour race in classic monza full i was behind this fxxk for the entire first hour till i finally caught him and passed him with 59 minutes to go :D

Project CARS 2_20191026185655.png

:)

EDIT - I just finished rage quitting this race:censored::banghead:

20 minutes lift 20 seconds in front of the fxxk i had to pit for gas i had repairs off and i got hit with the fake mechanical damage repairs when my car had 0 damage 🤬:ouch::mad:

Last edited:
The pass :bowdown: a 2 hour race in classic monza full i was behind this fxxk for the entire first hour till i finally caught him and passed him with 59 minutes to go :D

View attachment 860625

:)

EDIT - I just finished rage quitting this race:censored::banghead:

20 minutes lift 20 seconds in front of the fxxk i had to pit for gas i had repairs off and i got hit with the fake mechanical damage repairs when my car had 0 damage 🤬:ouch::mad:

Ouch that's a painful one! I believe there's a term people use when that exact same scenario happens IRL... "That's Racin'."

It's been a while since I posted something, but I finally managed to finish a 24h race at Daytona... in 2.4 hours. I just set the progression speed to 10x and the time to 2:25:00. I also set the weather to roughly how it was in this year's Daytona race, and I didn't like the rain portion at all...

Now that I got that out of the way, I can now take on Sebring 12h :)

Edit:
Forgot that Sebring isn't in the game... Guess I'll need to find a replacement, Indy will have to do...

I only just read your message, so you've probably already done your Sebring 12hr simulation, but if not, with it being a flat airfield circuit, Silverstone will probably give a more realistic feel than Indy.

I only just read your message, so you've probably already done your Sebring 12hr simulation, but if not, with it being a flat airfield circuit, Silverstone will probably give a more realistic feel than Indy.
I would like to stay with American tracks if possible, to keep with the IMSA feel :)

If i finish this "Season," I might do other Enduros from around the world. I'm definitely doing Nurburgring and Le Mans.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back