Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
This looks really good! I'm excited, hoping this will be the kick in the butt that T10 need to step up their game a bit :D

Though I won't be getting this on day one, still some sour memories from the launch of the first game. But if it will be as good as it's looking to be, I'll definitely get it afterwards!

@IanBell can we expect to see Circuit of the Americas in Project Cars 2? Also, there are two club race tracks near me that would make great additions to the game since. One is Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and the other is the Autobahn Country Club.

@jake2013guy It really is the Ford GT GTE.
ss_da79b1c5700fcea14e9962a431984fe0653a3ae4.1920x1080.jpg

ss_75140b1a64d3616251e5c7b1117d8027e9264a54.1920x1080.jpg

@IanBell
1.Did you give up pit stop animation?
2.Will you improve damage and crash(rollover, spinout, contact physics, flip etc) physics? Honestly, nothing bothers me more in Pcars 1 than crash physics. Look at Dirt 2 released in 2009. It still has one of the best damage and crash physics in racing games (I put aside games like BeamNG and Next Car Game)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
@IanBell can we expect to see Circuit of the Americas in Project Cars 2? Also, there are two club race tracks near me that would make great additions to the game since. One is Gingerman Raceway in Michigan and the other is the Autobahn Country Club.
Gingerman Raceway? :sly: I see the Social Justice Warriors haven't been alerted to that name just yet, or perhaps "gingers" have yet to pop up on their radar.:lol:

I just had a boo at the tracks in progress on the official forum and all I can say is...fans of American tracks should be very happy with PCars2. 👍👍

Any news about career mode?

I would like to know this too? I would really like to see a career mode that somewhat resembles GT, in that you're forced to start out driving really slow, crappy street vehicles, then slowly, and I mean *SLOWLY* work your way up the food chain to better and faster cars. Please Ian...please restructure your career mode to make it like this. A lot of GT fans play GT because the campaign in structured this way, and it makes for a very enjoyable "RPG-like" experience.

I would like to know this too? I would really like to see a career mode that somewhat resembles GT, in that you're forced to start out driving really slow, crappy street vehicles, then slowly, and I mean *SLOWLY* work your way up the food chain to better and faster cars. Please Ian...please restructure your career mode to make it like this. A lot of GT fans play GT because the campaign in structured this way, and it makes for a very enjoyable "RPG-like" experience.
pCARS1 Career Mode was structured in such a way that you can drive anything you want and move up as slowly as you please. I am not sure how this differs from what you are asking, unless you simply want to be "forced" into starting at the very bottom (which no one wants).

A career mode that forces you to take a certain path and starting point vs. one where you have that option if you want it but also the freedom to start wherever you want? I'll take the latter any day. Options FTW.

Knowing pCARS1 I would expect the GTEs and GT3s to be balanced again (still doesn't look like enough GTEs yet to separate them) so differences in spec are kinda glazed over a bit.

Knowing pCARS1 I would expect the GTEs and GT3s to be balanced again (still doesn't look like enough GTEs yet to separate them) so differences in spec are kinda glazed over a bit.

Back in the WMD1 days, there was a 16 car limit per class. They may have to separate them if there are too many GT3s.

You can submit your request to this guy. He will oblige.
IMG_0249.JPG

@IanBell
I know I'm in the minority of PCARS fans on this forum but, are you considering a way to swap cars in the middle of a championship?
I, like a lot of other people have a busy schedule outside of this game and only manage to play 3 to 4 hours per week; that means that I'm stuck in career mode driving the same car for a good 2 to 3 months, which is a crime with all the great GT3 cars in the game. I actually bought the american car pack just for the corvette but I'm sort of tired of it. Yes I've driven the other cars too (but not on career mode) and that makes the progress even slower.
I understand that with the gameplay in PC1, where you need to sing up with a team, this car swapping doesn't makes a lot of sense, but what about PC2?

Last edited:
I have some more questions for Ian but imagine if he doesn't come back here for another few weeks or even months. He'll have an absolute ton of alerts waiting for him, that's for sure.

I hope the Corvette can be updated to 2016+ spec.

Edit: Found an R8 picture.
I was under the impression that the Corvette was a 2016 spec, the first game even acknowledges that.
About the R8, it's nice to get it's confirmation but yakes, that car quality :yuck:

First up, it is great to see @IanBell join us on GTPlanet. Welcome. Hopefully you will stay active over the coming months. I can only imagine how many notifications you must have too.

Secondly, PCars2 looks spectacularly good to date. If physics updates and FFB (AC is the king) are as comprehensive as the content and features then we will have a real contender for the finest racing title there has ever been.

One thing I am obsessive over in games is the UI. I design them as a hobby and cannot help but take an unhealthy interest in them. The couple of PCars2 screens I have seen so far are easily more appealing than those of PCars1.

I did not want to be that guy asking you more questions but everybody else is so here goes...

1/ Can you give an insight into how indepth the stat tracking is in PCars?
2/ Will we see a new-from-the-ground-up Photo Mode?
3/ Get the Toyota TS010, TS020 GT-one and TS050-HYBRID please!!!

Thanks.

We have the Chevrolet Corvette C7.R GTE and Aston Martin Vantage GTE from PCars1 and Ford GT LM in PCars2. Bear in mind Ferrari and Porsche are in PCars2 so getting their GTE cars is entirely possible. If that happens then we could see them separated from GT3 and run a custom WEC class race. Fingers crossed!

I am delighted to see the GT LM as it one of the hottest racing cars at the moment and it looks damn cool.

Last edited:
Back