Project CARS 2 General Discussion Thread - Out Now on PS4/XB1/PC

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 12,199 comments
@IanBell What's the chance of old 90's BTCC cars appearing in PCars2? If I remember correctly there was supposed to be a Renault Laguna in the Renault car pack and it was cancelled for whatever reason. I know these cars run at Goodwood members meeting from time to time like the Laguna, Audi A4, Honda Accord etc so the cars are accessible. Are these cars being considered or does the lack of a BTCC licence in PCars make it difficult to include them?
The Renault Laguna BTCC was my most wanted addition to PCars after the Toyota TS040-HYBRID. One of the SMS devs said they would have had too much difficulty in accessing it. There is British guy who owns 2 Lagunas and keeps 1 in the UK at all times so...

The Renault Laguna BTCC was my most wanted addition to PCars after the Toyota TS040-HYBRID. One of the SMS devs said they would have had too much difficulty in accessing it. There is British guy who owns 2 Lagunas and keeps 1 in the UK at all times so...

Same, was gutted when the Laguna was cancelled

The replayability is so high for PC2 right now(game isnt cen out yet). If Super Tourers made it as DLC, I'll still have PC3 in the wrapper, when that game drops.

I have a question for Ian that I'd love answered:

Is there any chance having letterboxed triple-screen emulation on a single screen, and to have this available on consoles? I'd then buy a massive telly for my racing rig. ;)

Something like this:

I'm trying to work out whether this could also improve technical performance, as only one third of the screen is being updated.

@Ian Bell

Hello Ian,

I have a question for players who do not play online. I must say that you have done a very great job on the Esport and this is greatly appreciated by the players, the teams online. But what about solo mode? Will we have an offline custom championship? It's boring to make an excel table to postpone the results especially as we never have the same starting grid from one race to another. The game offers a lot of plossibility to set the races and I think the offline custom championship would exploit them fully. Thanks

Could the HSCC route be a possibility to obtain access to the cars?

@GTPLANET, I think Ian and 'the Owl' deserve a GT Planet shirt or at least a cap ;)

@Ian: any plans to start a closed/open beta test program around summer holiday period? We're planning our vacation and now is the time to 'warm up or cool down' my wife. BTW it will be Sweden!

Just a general point guys that I really appreciate all the questions and kind words. I can't answer everything as we have a detailed marketing roll out plan and I don't want to steal the thunder there. I also can't speak much on content specifics but I can state that no one will be disappointed in the amount of new (and revamped from old) content. We're having to seriously rework how we compress data to fit everything on the DVD.

Maybe you need 2 discs which smell like burnt rubber then Anyone remember this from GT2 on ps1?

@IanBell

Appreciate you can't answer specifics but I was hoping for some 90's nostalgia like a generic V10 F1 car, some super tourers or even a Lola or Reynard champ car....are these catogries that have been considered for PCars 2?

No, because, as a peruvian/latinamerican motorsport fan, there's plenty of awesome tracks, some of them world famous, that the sim developers' eyes don't see (without mentioning the championships) :). One region-representative track will not represent a whole continent sir.

To be fair, Australia is also packed with amazing circuits, and the only Aussie track in PC2 will be the same one that's in every sim.

Check out some of the gems in this list @IanBell :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_motor_racing_tracks#Australia

No, because, as a peruvian/latinamerican motorsport fan, there's plenty of awesome tracks, some of them world famous, that the sim developers' eyes don't see (without mentioning the championships) :). One region-representative track will not represent a whole continent sir. Here's a few of those tracks :D

That's some of the finest south/latinamerican racetracks I know, and some of them support massive races like the WTCC, Stock car, and MotoGP, apart of the local championships :) All of them, apart of Interlagos, wating for an oportunity on a BIG videogame :D

If you sim race on PC, it'd be worth looking at Automobilista which is made by Reiza Studios from Brazil - it includes a lot of tracks and series from Brazil (Stock Car Brasil, Formula Truck, Copa Petrobras de Marcas, etc.), plus a few Argentinian circuits as well. There were also official rFactor based games for TC2000, Top Race V6 and Turismo Carretera by Argentinian developer 2Pez, however these don't seem to be available for purchase digitally anymore.

Whoa this thread blew up!

@IanBell regarding online multiplayer, as a lobby host will we have a more in depth options list on what we can do when hosting? For example the ability to lock the lobby to a harder compound tire and will we have the ability to view engine restrictor sizes and tire compounds of other players?

@IanBell Is there possibility to change "Difficulty" settings on the fly during races? Sometimes I like to make "small" endurance races with friends (some of them are less experienced). It would be nice to have possibility to turn on some Assists like Driving Line, and/or stability control after seat change in Pitstop. Maybe dedicated offline multiplayer mode for this type of changing seats during small Endurance series ;) ? Setting different assists for different drivers, so in PitStop they selecting their Name, and drive.

Whoa this thread blew up!

@IanBell regarding online multiplayer, as a lobby host will we have a more in depth options list on what we can do when hosting? For example the ability to lock the lobby to a harder compound tire and will we have the ability to view engine restrictor sizes and tire compounds of other players?
@IanBell Is there possibility to change "Difficulty" settings on the fly during races? Sometimes I like to make "small" endurance races with friends (some of them are less experienced). It would be nice to have possibility to turn on some Assists like Driving Line, and/or stability control after seat change in Pitstop. Maybe dedicated offline multiplayer mode for this type of changing seats during small Endurance series ;) ? Setting different assists for different drivers, so in PitStop they selecting their Name, and drive.
Both questions are something we can't give away at the moment, but there are improvements on both sections.

@IanBell

Appreciate you can't answer specifics but I was hoping for some 90's nostalgia like a generic V10 F1 car, some super tourers or even a Lola or Reynard champ car....are these catogries that have been considered for PCars 2?
There will be a lot of nostalgia, just can't say the years.. brands.. classes :P

@GTPLANET, I think Ian and 'the Owl' deserve a GT Planet shirt or at least a cap ;)

@Ian: any plans to start a closed/open beta test program around summer holiday period? We're planning our vacation and now is the time to 'warm up or cool down' my wife. BTW it will be Sweden!
Ah, Ian is the one doing the heavy lifting. There's no plans for that since we have WMD2, but we can never know what might happen as we get closer to the release. :)

There will be a lot of nostalgia, just can't say the years.. brands.. classes :P

Imagine I can go completely "Patrick Watts" at Oulton Park :bowdown: Battling Harvey, Leslie, Cleland, Kox, Morbidelli, Biela and Rydell or maybe Aiello versus Winkelhock at the old Hockemheimring in the STW Tourers....oh boy that would be :bowdown:

Last edited:
Both questions are something we can't give away at the moment, but there are improvements on both sections.

Ah, Ian is the one doing the heavy lifting. There's no plans for that since we have WMD2, but we can never know what might happen as we get closer to the release. :)

Thanks,

Also I just read the GTP news, some circuits have been laser scanned? Which circuits can you say you have scanned so far?

@Ian Bell

Hello Ian,

I have a question for players who do not play online. I must say that you have done a very great job on the Esport and this is greatly appreciated by the players, the teams online. But what about solo mode? Will we have an offline custom championship? It's boring to make an excel table to postpone the results especially as we never have the same starting grid from one race to another. The game offers a lot of plossibility to set the races and I think the offline custom championship would exploit them fully. Thanks

Yes, much more detailed and varied than we had in pCARS1.

@IanBell Hi, I asked this yesterday but was probably swallowed up by the traffic, so if I may: Will you be introducing tyre blankets for pCARS2? It would make tuning a quicker and more satisfying process as we wouldn't need to run a couple of laps with cold tyres before deciding if we like our setup changes, then rinse and repeat...

Or if not, perhaps the option to tune from within actual races when returning to pits? Thanks

Latest Posts

Back