Project CARS 2- Multi-class racing

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 123 comments
Late to the party, been away from GTPlanet for a while sorry guys :( , but if I can I'd like to try Indycar, RX, GT3 at Indy, mainly to see how much damage I can cause :lol:
Hi welcome back to GTP. I saw you was racing with the AOR guys in the LMP2 League . but you don't seem to have raced much in that league ??! I was thinking of joining as it looks really well organised? Are you still racing in that league as I can't see you anywhere on their threads. ?:odd:

Last edited:
Nothing's been decided officially. Calm down.
Hope your right m8. but the news last week wasn't looking good for XBONE & PS4 Multiplayer online lobbys. . The PS4 isn't up to it! Unfortunately.

Hope your right m8. but the news last week wasn't looking good for XBONE & PS4 Multiplayer online lobbys. . The PS4 isn't up to it! Unfortunately.
So the PS4 and XB1 can handle 45 cars on circuit at once offline with physics calculations etc. But can't handle17 from a hardware standpoint. Yeah. That doesn't sound right.

So the PS4 and XB1 can handle 45 cars on circuit at once offline with physics calculations etc. But can't handle17 from a hardware standpoint. Yeah. That doesn't sound right.
I know it's a pain! The game will only run properly on PC it seems. And us console guys miss out again on all the goodies and stuff that are available for the PC guys. Gutted. ! But was switching to PC anyhow before any announcement was made last week.

I know it's a pain! The game will only run properly on PC it seems. And us console guys miss out again on all the goodies and stuff that are available for the PC guys. Gutted. ! But was switching to PC anyhow before any announcement was made last week.
With various series going above 20 and NASCAR going to 43, I wouldn't expect the number to stay at 16. Especially with improvements on their side.

Although the PS4 being unable to handle 17 online yet able to have 45 offline with physics and other things going on from a hardware standpoint sounds like complete BS to me. Not expecting 30 by any means. But at least 20.

With various series going above 20 and NASCAR going to 43, I wouldn't expect the number to stay at 16. Especially with improvements on their side.

Although the PS4 being unable to handle 17 online yet able to have 45 offline with physics and other things going on from a hardware standpoint sounds like complete BS to me. Not expecting 30 by any means. But at least 20.
Hope so m8! But can't see this happening at all. .The PS4 is only as powerful as a lower end gaming PC. And can't handle all the extra stuff cramed into P.CARS 2.
So the Multiplayer online suffers unfortunately. So the game can run as close to what they developed it for to do.
Rented or Dedicated servers ain't happening either. . But like you say it's early on. So fingers crossed there is a solution!

Hope so m8! But can't see this happening at all. .The PS4 is only as powerful as a lower end gaming PC. And can't handle all the extra stuff cramed into P.CARS 2.
So the Multiplayer online suffers unfortunately. So the game can run as close to what they developed it for to do.
Rented or Dedicated servers ain't happening either. . But like you say it's early on. So fingers crossed there is a solution!
If it couldn't handle the extra stuff like LiveTrack, they either wouldn't have added it or optimised their code like they have. Yes, data like LiveTrack would need to be ensured to be equal across all players but they'd still have optimised their network code in order to improve the car count and in turn, increase the car count in esports.

If it couldn't handle the extra stuff like LiveTrack, they either wouldn't have added it or optimised their code like they have. Yes, data like LiveTrack would need to be ensured to be equal across all players but they'd still have optimised their network code in order to improve the car count and in turn, increase the car count in esports.
Yep you would think so. Coding issues is more than probable I suspect! Everything is just looking a tad outdated now on PS4.

Is GTS having 22 online?

I actually don't remember but it is a higher number than 16 on the closed beta. F1 2016 on PS4 can handle more than 16 online players also. I have my fingers crossed for at least 18, but I feel like there will be a reason with live track days being hard to process between 16 players on the server or something. I'm pessimistic on this feature.

I can't wait to test those AI physics.
Just did a Multi-Class(MC) at The Glen, to reacquaint myself with the GT4 Mustang. Fantastic session, awesome looking replay.

I guess it'll work similar to this:
Select GT> Class 1:GT3--> Class 2: GT4--> Class 3: Touring: SMS- R TC--> Class 4: Road Car: Class G

How do the Historic cars work? Are those in a Subclass?

Thing is though, 30 AI calculate physics by your PS4/Xbox, but with multiplayer each player calculates their own car physics and only has to send car status to other players, which needs fast internet but not fast CPU.

Bingo. This is why I believe the car count is server related, not hardware related.

I can't wait to test those AI physics.
Just did a Multi-Class(MC) at The Glen, to reacquaint myself with the GT4 Mustang. Fantastic session, awesome looking replay.

I guess it'll work similar to this:
Select GT> Class 1:GT3--> Class 2: GT4--> Class 3: Touring: SMS- R TC--> Class 4: Road Car: Class G

How do the Historic cars work? Are those in a Subclass?
That's right, just pick your 4 classes and go race. Historics (GroupC, Group5 etc.) are in their own classes. We did not mix up historics and modern vehicles.

That's right, just pick your 4 classes and go race. Historics (GroupC, Group5 etc.) are in their own classes. We did not mix up historics and modern vehicles.
Nice. Thanks for that. Now, I can do a proper Spa-Francorchamps 6HR Classic event.

Will we have the option for AI on the track in Practice Mode? It's disabled in PC1. It'd be cool to just do laps with other cars, without entering Solo Mode.

Can we adjust the number of cars in each class? I'd like to see more realistic numbers while racing multiple classes, like how this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans field was composed of... (half of the field was GTE, and FIA WEC/ACO categorizes it by pro or am status; the other half was LMPs, but only six LMP1, and the rest - over 20? - were LMP2)

Can we adjust the number of cars in each class? I'd like to see more realistic numbers while racing multiple classes, like how this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans field was composed of... (half of the field was GTE, and FIA WEC/ACO categorizes it by pro or am status; the other half was LMPs, but only six LMP1, and the rest - over 20? - were LMP2)
The Q&A mentioned there will be even numbers in each class.

Hi welcome back to GTP. I saw you was racing with the AOR guys in the LMP2 League . but you don't seem to have raced much in that league ??! I was thinking of joining as it looks really well organised? Are you still racing in that league as I can't see you anywhere on their threads. ?:odd:

Yeah, it is really well organised, I had to pull out due to other commitments, but I told the coordinators in a private message. But it was a fun league when I had the time.

FB_IMG_1499189378317.jpg

GT3, GT4, TCR, Clio Cup.

The Merc and the Renault have been seen in a class with the BMW. So it's either the Opel is alone or they're all BOP'd.
I'm guessing they're all BOP'd. Not being fussy, but I wonder if SMS could have dropped the 320 and made the 1M SMS-R. Similar to the StanceWorks, but TCR
spec.

I'm guessing they're all BOP'd. Not being fussy, but I wonder if SMS could have dropped the 320 and made the 1M SMS-R. Similar to the StanceWorks, but TCR
spec.
No. TCR is a front wheel drive category and BMW would want their car to be RWD. That's why the 125i NGTC is RWD and the 320 TC Super 2000 is RWD. My personal preference would be to have IRL TCR and Super 2000 but as the fantasy TCs are 2016, I'd have specced them to be TCR and go pre-2013 for a Super 2000 spec. Maybe the Audi A1 if it's big enough? But hey. That's my decision and I remember them attempting to get the Ford Focus S2000.

No. TCR is a front wheel drive category and BMW would want their car to be RWD. That's why the 125i NGTC is RWD and the 320 TC Super 2000 is RWD. My personal preference would be to have IRL TCR and Super 2000 but as the fantasy TCs are 2016, I'd have specced them to be TCR and go pre-2013 for a Super 2000 spec. Maybe the Audi A1 if it's big enough? But hey. That's my decision and I remember them attempting to get the Ford Focus S2000.
If they're doing fantasy cars(the concept Megane TC is 4door hatch IRL), I'm talking about in looks. Doesn't appear they could get the BMW BTCC hatch(the A45 is close enough). So, use the 1M and add all the aero from the TCR cars. If that's all they could do at game release.

If they're doing fantasy cars(the concept Megane TC is 4door hatch IRL), I'm talking about in looks. Doesn't appear they could get the BMW BTCC hatch(the A45 is close enough). So, use the 1M and add all the aero from the TCR cars. If that's all they could do at game release.
I wasn't pointing out that they could add the BTCC 125i, I was pointing out that BMW would like their cars to be RWD and TCR is a FWD series so the 1M isn't really the best option. If they were able to add any car, the only one I can think of for fantasy would be the 2013 Audi A1 quattro as that's FWD. Although I'm not sure that's long enough for Super 2000 considering the year it was first launched according to the game being 2013. The Megane and A45 would fit into the TCR class as they are.

I wasn't pointing out that they could add the BTCC 125i, I was pointing out that BMW would like their cars to be RWD and TCR is a FWD series so the 1M isn't really the best option. If they were able to add any car, the only one I can think of for fantasy would be the 2013 Audi A1 quattro as that's FWD. Although I'm not sure that's long enough for Super 2000 considering the year it was first launched according to the game being 2013. The Megane and A45 would fit into the TCR class as they are.
Trust, I got your first post. I'm debating for the visual, over the technical aspect.
Being the 320 is out-gunned, why not use the StanceWorks 1M while they're reusing cars? Just spec it with the aero is all(looks close enough as is). So it looks the part. The 320 is odd man out(in looks), next to the other three.

Back