Project CARS 2 Officially Revealed With New Trailer, Coming "Late 2017"

Kind of sad they want to focus more on the controller feel when their wheel FFB needs so much work. Someone at SMS needs to try assetto corsa on the PS4 with a thrustmaster T300 to see how excellent and correct feeling FFB can be on a console.

Did somebody say dynamic time, weather and even seasons? Now you've got my attention.

The first game already had dynamic time and weather. Not seasons though, but that was half-simulated with allowing to set different times and dates which modified air temperature. No idea if that affected car performance, haven't tested it.

Which is why I said that I'll wait until the game is more finalized. Also not surprised it didn't release on Wii U. Not really an ideal console for that type of game honestly.

They had talked about it for so long that the WiiU would be included. It wasn't an ideal console for that. They probably shouldn't have talked so openly about it. That was part of the disappointment around the product though.

Here's a few things you missed @Brend. On the car counting section for example, Ian Bell replied me yesterday about my question about original made-for-game cars returning like the GTPlanet RUF, and the RWD P30, and he said the crew has a few surprises, apart of the Ferraris and Lambos, so yeah, new original cars confirmed! :D
project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-1.jpg

And, you guys will love this, since it's a NAMCO tradition to crossover their other games with a racing game, I asked him about that too, and guess what, he didn't confirmed it 100%, but according to his answer, SOMETHING BIG will happen with NAMCO. Ridge Racer fusioned with Project CARS??. Tekken characters on the game?? Only god knows ;)

View attachment 626737
God, blending with Tekken or RidgeRacer. Sim experience killer for me immediately.

Kind of sad they want to focus more on the controller feel when their wheel FFB needs so much work. Someone at SMS needs to try assetto corsa on the PS4 with a thrustmaster T300 to see how excellent and correct feeling FFB can be on a console.
No need to be sad buddy. They are overhauling both in response to fan feedback from PCARS1.

God, blending with Tekken or RidgeRacer. Sim experience killer for me immediately.
Really?? -.-. I mean, having some of the cars from one of the most memorable racing franchises (which is a classic cult here), which aren't VGTs, just normal race cars, in a game which will have fictional cars as well, and nobody gave a damn about it, making it in possibly the most amazing car racing crossover ever, will reduce it's "sim value"?? I respect people's opinions, but this is an oportunity many people have been waiting for, Ridge Racer x Project CARS crossover?? Instant racing GOTY winner right there!! Tekken wouldn't do too many damage either, it would be just racing liveries and special driver avatars, so basically it will not do damage, more even, it will raise the hype to awesome levels. Hell, even @Brend said it ;)

That NAMCO hint could be large enough to merit it's own article once it's actually revealed too, remember! :lol:

This soon after the original article, it would be like chasing your own tail. Better to review where we stand after a good bit of time and more information comes to light. 👍

Plus, we do need to keep some content to write the news articles about! :lol:

That NAMCO hint could be large enough to merit it's own article once it's actually revealed too, remember! :lol:
Just remember to give me credits on the article once it's revealed! :lol:👍

More stuff too, I suggested Ian Bell about some latinamerican love in the game (apart of interlagos), and his answer is really a thing to consider :D. More even, it woke up the spotlight from other users to defend their territories! In other words, Project CARS 2 could go even MORE GLOBAL after the launch! :D

upload_2017-2-10_19-12-21.png

Here's a few things you missed @Brend. On the car counting section for example, Ian Bell replied me yesterday about my question about original made-for-game cars returning like the GTPlanet RUF, and the RWD P30, and he said the crew has a few surprises, apart of the Ferraris and Lambos, so yeah, new original cars confirmed! :D
project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-1.jpg

I still love that car and livery because my bloody name is on there, my family name that is (near the headlights in fancy lettering). :)

If you click on my profile you'll see the same logo below my avatar, but in the forum it's squared off.

I've been firing up PJC on Pro more often now due to Boost mode and even the replays run at 60fps. The issues with PJC1 that need addressing include controller response from different viewpoints, it's easier to control from the cockpit or helmet cam but when you go third person it gets wonky, so there is an in game switching going on. When you select a race the weather and surface temps/air temps need to be shown before you finalize your entry. For a game that is simulation heavy and damage builds up due to running high temps on oil this information would be necessary before you hit the starting line for the race. This infuriates me to no end in PJC1 since I have no idea what the temps will be like so I can adjust the airflow accordingly for the course to keep the oil cool or below 99.

The tire model for rain tires is a mess on some of the DLC cars, specifically the MacLaren F1 and CLK-LM these cars both get serious rain tire wear for no apparent reason in wet weather and the rears light up inexplicably fast. SMS needs to sort out the weird frame jitters and jumpiness in replay mode as well as allow for visual effects(GT4 had something like this even camera that tied together with some music tracks, pretty nifty), also a replay mode that allows you to select camera angles would be especially nice. A lot of times the auto cam stays too long on a shot and the target is long gone from the frame.

I am very interested in this game due to dynamic weather and ToD, hope we get flashers like GT5/6 had so folks can know to move faster car coming. I still have low expectation about the road car selection being lacking and having no upward mobility in the least, but I'll take what I can get and roll with the punches. I'll have GT Sport and PJC2 along with Forza 7 if it's called that, they might change the name as that sounds like it's long in the tooth. Forza 2017 perhaps?

The incredible thing besides the online racing license is the live track 3.0, oh boy I hope this works out really well. Long races will be very daunting and will see a lot more reserved driving in certain problematic areas. The day where online endurance races will be about actual strategy and not who can just drive the fastest without crashing is coming. I'm tickled and the online needs to have a setup similar to GT's where you can have private lobbies that are easy to navigate and setup as well as automated specially set up rooms for hop in hop out short races and enduros for those who wish to do that. They'll definitely need a shuffle room or option, those were always fun in GT at times hilariously so.

When you select a race the weather and surface temps/air temps need to be shown before you finalize your entry. For a game that is simulation heavy and damage builds up due to running high temps on oil this information would be necessary before you hit the starting line for the race. This infuriates me to no end in PJC1 since I have no idea what the temps will be like so I can adjust the airflow accordingly for the course to keep the oil cool or below 99.
I mostly raced in the career mode before doing anything serious with the quick play mode, and I got accustomed to abusing restarts to sort out mistakes related to that missing information.

Then I tried to do a quick play race weekend with random weather and got caught out by the fact that it doesn't give you a pre-race menu to change anything, like the career mode does.

Nope it has always been that way.
Nitendo vs Sega.
Commodore vs NES.
Amiga vs PC
PC vs Mac
Android vs iOS

And so on for everything in history....:lol:

Yeah that is what most people think and do. On the other hand, you have some exceptions like me who owns both Nintendo and Sega, own both PC and MAC, work professionally with PC, MAC and Linux while own both Android and iOS tablets. Ha, there are some minority out there. I own GT series, Project Cars and Assetto Corsa. I also do real racing and sim racing both. The thing I learn is that you don't truly know the pros and cons of each system and how good/bad they compare with each other until you try them all out. How can someone says PCars sucks when they never even play it right? Or even more fundamental is that how can someone criticize the physics of the game when they don't know how it feels like to drive the car to the limit on the track or when they don't even drive a car? :)

Back