Project CARS 2 Officially Revealed With New Trailer, Coming "Late 2017"

Meanwhile GT is taking out the weather, deals day after day. I'm seeing this game coming out first . Sorry for the off-topic.

The trailer looks great, looking forward to get may hands on it :)

Wow.

This sim looks incredible. I can't wait to start reading reviews. Based on the things Ian Bell said here last night/early this morning and then throwing in these graphics...It looks like pCars 2 will be on my SSD fairly soon. :)

MMX
Fuji track always bored me to death racing there, in GT. I have actually fallen a sleep during races.
I always thought it was a boring track for hot lapping but a fantastic track for racing. A great many passing opportunities are presented and the track is nice and wide for some two wide or even three wide racing.

Will the oval and Indy 500 content that was supposed to be in PCars 1 going to be in this game?
http://www.wmdportal.com/projectnews/experience-the-indianapolis-500-in-project-cars/
IMG_1523.PNG

I'm already used to take in different opinions, no matter how different they are from mine, it's fine... but i'll be honest, i don't really understand why SO MANY people dislike pCars1, enough to get out of their way to complain on every single piece of news about it and this sequel. There has to be something wrong, eg. no wheel and having trouble using a gamepad, bad internet, care too much about customization and 1000 car garages, played the game when it had tons of bugs, or simply can't handle it and crash all the time, or all of the above. But it's obviously one of the great sims.

Because with a decent wheel, no internet issues, no bugs, it is a fantastic game! I feel like a lot of people are missing out. Of course, nothing will please everyone, and it's fine, but i see a weird amount of hate when checking the comments, everywhere. I hated Forza, but i'm aware it's a great game, and i don't say it's terrible, which is the point of my rambling lol

Anyway, this will be huge, what a great job, really.

Yep, I'm buying this one :)

My exact reaction :lol:

It's a shame that on the game play footage, the steering input was still twitchy. Can already imagine how difficult it's going to be trying to pass someone on an oval who is using a controller.

I always thought it was a boring track for hot lapping but a fantastic track for racing. A great many passing opportunities are presented and the track is nice and wide for some two wide or even three wide racing.
I've always been surprised at the number of people who dislike Fuji. I really like that circuit. It's not the most technical track. The section between Dunlop Corner and Panasonic Corner requires some precision, but for the most part it's a high-speed playground.

Like you said, Johnny, you can have some pretty intense battles on these wide high-speed sections. I've been involved in a few on Fuji. Sometimes it feels like you're playing a game of Chicken when you're barreling toward Dunlop Corner or the 1st corner...who is going to brake first? I've gone off track on that 1st corner, overestimating the brakes on my car. :D Sometimes it's better to have brains than balls. :sly:

I wonder if this game will work on release, that they'll actually fix all the bugs before planning a new game and not start crowd-funding for pCARS3 straight after release just to defecate on racing game fans and their cash. :lol::lol:

pCARS 1 was just awful. The content was good, but the physics were dodgy as hell, the crash physics even worse (random sideways flips in open wheel cars when tapping another car), the laser scanned tracks were so badly scanned I could have done better with a laser pen and an mouldy apple. And, game breaking bugs galore that only 10% we're fixed before jumping ship and making this game. Hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes and can complete a game before releasing it, and realistically compete with Assetto Corsa in terms of being a solid game. Because if it can, I might buy it. Might. But after my experience with pCARS it has to be more than a shiny trailer to win me over.

Make the crowd funders proud this time. 👍

Having been burned by Project CARS (which is probably slightly aided by the fact I payed into the crowdfunding thing), I've been avoiding any sort of hype when this was first announced not that far after Project CARS came out. Having read various bits of news, seen clips and now the official trailer, I'm slightly more interested then before. I just don't want another case of a game with so much potential to once again be disappointing.

This clip actually features a cameo by long-time Project CARS ambassador Nicolas Hamilton, brother of former F1 world champion Lewis Hamilton. In this video we get to see the chase cam and some of the game’s overall (early) presentation in loading screens and menus. Despite the driver being less than ideal for showing off the intricacies of the handling, we do get to see how the game has apparently improved when using the gamepad (although it does appear a good few driving aids are activated here…).

I had no idea Lewis Hamilton recently retired. Quite a scoop you got there, @Brend :P

I've always been surprised at the number of people who dislike Fuji. I really like that circuit. It's not the most technical track. The section between Dunlop Corner and Panasonic Corner requires some precision, but for the most part it's a high-speed playground.

Like you said, Johnny, you can have some pretty intense battles on these wide high-speed sections. I've been involved in a few on Fuji. Sometimes it feels like you're playing a game of Chicken when you're barreling toward Dunlop Corner or the 1st corner...who is going to brake first? I've gone off track on that 1st corner, overestimating the brakes on my car. :D Sometimes it's better to have brains than balls. :sly:
I find every corner at Fuji challenging to get just right. The track appears to be very simple but actually isn't and you can leave a lot of time on the track by not studying all the subtle nuance it offers. I find the last three corners very challenging to put together for example. Elevation changes and/or a cambered surface, introduce complexities that can be very costly in terms of lap times if you don't get them just right. A laser scanned version is going to be magnificent (fingers crossed:scared:)

pCARS 1 was just awful. The content was good, but the physics were dodgy as hell, the crash physics even worse (random sideways flips in open wheel cars when tapping another car), the laser scanned tracks were so badly scanned I could have done better with a laser pen and an mouldy apple. And, game breaking bugs galore that only 10% we're fixed before jumping ship and making this game. Hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes and can complete a game before releasing it, and realistically compete with Assetto Corsa in terms of being a solid game. Because if it can, I might buy it. Might. But after my experience with pCARS it has to be more than a shiny trailer to win me over.

Make the crowd funders proud this time. 👍
As much as I like the driving experience in AC, I'd never refer to it as a "solid game". Solid driving experience? Yes. Great FFB and immersion? Yes. Solid game. No, not IMO.

...meh. I was onboard the pcars 1 ship as soon as the was first announced. The first builds were fantastic. As it progressed, it got worse and worse.. how could this happen? When it was released I didn't even care buying it.

Assetto Corsa is years ahead in terms of physics, and since they probably didn't build an engine from scratch and pcars 1 is still struggling to be playable, I doubt it will get any better. Also judging from the gameplay videos... meh

Driveclub graphics are still better than this; only GT Sport excites me in terms of graphics. I even prefer Assetto Corsa's over this, graphics-wise; Pcars 1 (and 2) are still too gamey without realism touches.

Worst of all.. AI in pcars. The crash'n'burn turns. Also FFB...

What about a good damage model? Grid-style? Burnout-style?

Am I the only one that was TOO excited over pcars and was disappointed so much? Same thing happened to me with GT6. Although I had played thousands of hours of GT5, I couldn't stand GT6. The new features felt like an update. A bad one since it got the graphics worse and introduced tearing... :/

After listening to the first video, my interest is piqued. I was smiling ear to ear reading about weather remaining and pooling of water gradually growing, but I heard nothing about volume when cars rush through puddles how does that change grip loss dynamically. The license system sounds absolutely sweet, about time something like this was introduced to deal with knuckleheads online. User created Tournaments and a more console user friendly GUI, I enjoyed what I could out of the first game, I still fire it up simply to hear the melodious engine notes of the Sauber C9 flying down a 24 car grid at la Sarthe in heavy downpour, thus far it's the only driving game that does TOD and weather right, just missing some elements but still only DriveClub competes with ToD and Weather effects, well DriveClub is still king for obvious reasons. Still hope that they keep the huge grids, I will keep close eye on this one since it has direct funding from Bandai Namco this time around. Still might be missing the tune your car feature, but if PJC2 is a success it will only be a matter of time.

I hope that PJC2 has a weather monitor, it's infuriating to have to guess the weather at race start especially when you omit qualifying...how hard is it to have a function to forecast the weather for the upcoming race and a forecast for duration of precipitation? Tuning for your vehicle needs to be a bit more intuitive and complete and concise definition of what a part does would be welcomed, some in the last game were non existent. Also a simulation of your changes a la Forza would be welcomed as well. What interesting to me is how polished this already looks in pre alpha state, sheesh direct funding really goes a long way when you have guys who really want to put racing back in the spot light.

I want to know about what other systems are in the game, like will there be realistic fluid dynamics for accurate aero for drafting, slip streaming and clean air versus dirty air, will this also affect engine oil temps. Not a problem if it's not in, I just want to know what they implemented in order to give us simulation. The class of cars and types would also be something I'd be interested in, since there is no mention of modification just how many road cars will there be and how many classes of race cars will it feature? This game has moved up in my list of games to watch. I have changed my tune since the original teaser, which didn't look anything different from the original game.

I wonder if this game will work on release, that they'll actually fix all the bugs before planning a new game and not start crowd-funding for pCARS3 straight after release just to defecate on racing game fans and their cash. :lol::lol:
SMS explained that starting work on the next game after releasing a game is business as usual in the industry; other developers say the same thing. Not everyone on the staff is involved with fixing bugs.

pCARS 1 was just awful......game breaking bugs galore that only 10% we're fixed before jumping ship and making this game. Hopefully they've learnt from their mistakes and can complete a game before releasing it, and realistically compete with Assetto Corsa in terms of being a solid game.
I got the game two and a half months ago, starting off with version 10.0 for PS4, and it hasn't broken once yet. Some bugs and plenty of small rough edges remain, but by contrast to the state it was in at launch (I'm aware how bad it was) they certainly didn't "jump ship" as soon as PCARS2 development began.

However, it's fair to say SMS have their work cut out for them to win over consumers like yourself that bailed early on. That's on them for the promises they made and the circumstances they pushed themselves into after biting off more than they could chew.

Back