Project CARS 2 Officially Revealed With New Trailer, Coming "Late 2017"

Still not sure why PD just yanked day/night and "natural" weather changes. What did they enhance by removing those features?

If I was to guess, it was probably to make the game compatible with VR and HDR while also maintaining a 60fps frame rate.

Project Cars 2 has to do none of that, so it has an advantage of being less complex without that stuff factoring into the frame rate.

Last edited:
If I was to guess, it was probably to make the game compatible with VR and HDR while also maintaining a 60fps frame rate.

Project Cars 2 has to do none of that, so it has an advantage of being less complex without that stuff factoring into the frame rate.

On the official website it already says VR will be supported (not sure if that also means PSVR and if it is from day 1).
HDR is also not clear yet

I'm thoroughly enjoying Project Cars after getting it and a PS4 Pro for Christmas so naturally I'm really looking forward to Project Cars 2, but I hope that they aren't trying to do too much, with features, tracks and classes / categories of racing - I would prefer that they concentrate on improving the feel from the rear of the car and on and over the limit handling. Also getting rid of any bugs in the game - the one which I get regularly is the car having sound problems which can be fixed by loading a new track then going back to the old track and car combination - relatively minor, but still annoying and a complete immersion killer. I haven't started racing online with friends yet, but I have heard about a lot of bugs affecting pit stops and other features when racing online.

Many of the current racing classes are very sparsely populated (i.e. just one or two cars) and they are adding a lot of new cars - I would rather that they focussed on expanding the current classes first before adding new classes. The categories which I enjoy most are GT4, GT5, Group 5, Group A, Historic Saloons and Historic GT2 - we only have 3 cars in Group A, a handful of Historic Saloons, a handful of GT4, just two Group 5 and just one Historic GT2 (Aston Martin DBR1/300) - these categories are so enjoyable to drive that they really deserve expansion.

Obviously for marketing reasons it makes sense to introduce new classes - I am really looking forward to rallycross particularly if they can get some good tracks and get the surface transition from loose to hard surface right - and also if they can give us some classic rallycross cars in addition to the new ones.

I just hope that when they add the extra bells, whistles, tracks and cars they also focus on improving the fundamentals - then it can be a truly great game.

I'm thoroughly enjoying Project Cars after getting it and a PS4 Pro for Christmas so naturally I'm really looking forward to Project Cars 2, but I hope that they aren't trying to do too much, with features, tracks and classes / categories of racing - I would prefer that they concentrate on improving the feel from the rear of the car and on and over the limit handling. Also getting rid of any bugs in the game - the one which I get regularly is the car having sound problems which can be fixed by loading a new track then going back to the old track and car combination - relatively minor, but still annoying and a complete immersion killer. I haven't started racing online with friends yet, but I have heard about a lot of bugs affecting pit stops and other features when racing online.

Many of the current racing classes are very sparsely populated (i.e. just one or two cars) and they are adding a lot of new cars - I would rather that they focussed on expanding the current classes first before adding new classes. The categories which I enjoy most are GT4, GT5, Group 5, Group A, Historic Saloons and Historic GT2 - we only have 3 cars in Group A, a handful of Historic Saloons, a handful of GT4, just two Group 5 and just one Historic GT2 (Aston Martin DBR1/300) - these categories are so enjoyable to drive that they really deserve expansion.

Obviously for marketing reasons it makes sense to introduce new classes - I am really looking forward to rallycross particularly if they can get some good tracks and get the surface transition from loose to hard surface right - and also if they can give us some classic rallycross cars in addition to the new ones.

I just hope that when they add the extra bells, whistles, tracks and cars they also focus on improving the fundamentals - then it can be a truly great game.

This is what I'm afriad of as well. Trust me I love everything they adding but I just hope it's not creating a whole bunch of bugs. And if so I hope they clean all of it up. We want a working game out of the box at release.

Although I had played thousands of hours of GT5

Thousands of hours on GT5?

Wow I need a screenshot of that.
I played daily, but at most had maybe 600-700 hours.

I know it's a brave thought given neither title is released, but...

I'm still thinking racers will get much more enjoyment out of Project Cars 2, than GT Sport.

VR doesn't have to be demanding. Like for example, when in VR mode, they just tone down everything to run.

It's simple to me. I'm not sure why some can't see it, but just looking at the recent gameplay video, visual fidelity is absolutely no where near GT Sport. For one, you can start with car details and how much polys per car. But that's just barely a start. They have completely different priorities and visual isn't one for Project Cars . I'm judging by the gameplay trailer btw. Just looking at the car paint, is enough for me to see that it's not meant to be a visual showcase as Forza and GT are meant to be for their respective console.

However, I'm glad this is the case. We can have the best of both world by having a sim racing game that pushes the visuals as much as possible while maintaining the core values of racing and another that pushes for the driving experience of night and weather for every tracks!!

XXI
Thousands of hours on GT5?

Wow I need a screenshot of that.
I played daily, but at most had maybe 600-700 hours.

I know it's a brave thought given neither title is released, but...

I'm still thinking racers will get much more enjoyment out of Project Cars 2, than GT Sport.

I played all GT and is a good game but lost in time.
When i played PC1 for the firt time.WOW.What a game.Much more imersive-Shame the initial bugs but today is a great game
GTSports need to make a great,great game to take my attencion.
One thing i know PC2 it´s a day one buy for shore

SMS is really nailing it with drawing everyone's attention and interest to the game. Everything from the car and track content to statements of major changes in gameplay from Project Cars 1. The gameplay as it is now almost has me sold, but I'll wait until whatever they need to do for the game becomes more finalized.
Kind of like what did with PC1. Then came the letdown, particularly for WiiU users.

Kind of like what did with PC1. Then came the letdown, particularly for WiiU users.
Which is why I said that I'll wait until the game is more finalized. Also not surprised it didn't release on Wii U. Not really an ideal console for that type of game honestly.

Here's a few things you missed @Brend. On the car counting section for example, Ian Bell replied me yesterday about my question about original made-for-game cars returning like the GTPlanet RUF, and the RWD P30, and he said the crew has a few surprises, apart of the Ferraris and Lambos, so yeah, new original cars confirmed! :D
project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-1.jpg

And, you guys will love this, since it's a NAMCO tradition to crossover their other games with a racing game, I asked him about that too, and guess what, he didn't confirmed it 100%, but according to his answer, SOMETHING BIG will happen with NAMCO. Ridge Racer fusioned with Project CARS??. Tekken characters on the game?? Only god knows ;)

upload_2017-2-10_0-1-30.png

Im watching the GT4 European series 2016 at Monza. I can only imagine what the GT4 PC2 grid will look like(Not a wishlist. Only what is available to be raced in real life)

Mustang GT4
Camaro(Z28) GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
Aston Martin V8
Lotus Evora
Audi TT
M4
370Z
GT86 GT4
MX-5 GT4
Maserati Trofeo
Cayman GT4
X-Bow
SIn GT4
McLaren 570S
AMG GT GT4

Can't wait for the car list.

Here's a few things you missed @Brend. On the car counting section for example, Ian Bell replied me yesterday about my question about original made-for-game cars returning like the GTPlanet RUF, and the RWD P30, and he said the crew has a few surprises, apart of the Ferraris and Lambos, so yeah, new original cars confirmed! :D
project-cars-ruf-ctr3-gtplanet-1.jpg

And, you guys will love this, since it's a NAMCO tradition to crossover their other games with a racing game, I asked him about that too, and guess what, he didn't confirmed it 100%, but according to his answer, SOMETHING BIG will happen with NAMCO. Ridge Racer fusioned with Project CARS??. Tekken characters on the game?? Only god knows ;)

View attachment 626737
The article was written a few hours after the reveal and with the kind @IanBell's first round of answers...We could have a novel written with all the information if it was a dynamically updated article! :lol: 👍

ALL racing games end the same for me.. no matter what the car count is, and how physics are good.. in the end its the amount of tracks and road surfaces is what determines for how long the game will live.. this far GT4 was my ultimate favorite in track selection, still cant forget some of them and really miss them... latest GT's lacked in track department, and seems latest GTS will do the same, even more worrying is car count, no matter it will be a superior game in physics department, but wow, Project cars 2 might save the day for track selection, and snowy tracks, thats a new in a racing game, will try ALL of them instantly with FR car with lots of horse power! :D

RIP Gran Turismo

its 2017, variation is good, and we have come up to a point where every sim racing game have pros and cons, like even Forza is now something to consider on driving.. really looking forward on playing all best racers this year!

Dirt 4 (and other rallies)
PC2
GT sport
GTR3
F1
AC and surprisingly more are coming!

Last edited:
Im watching the GT4 European series 2016 at Monza. I can only imagine what the GT4 PC2 grid will look like(Not a wishlist. Only what is available to be raced in real life)

Mustang GT4
Camaro(Z28) GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
Aston Martin V8
Lotus Evora
Audi TT
M4
370Z
GT86 GT4
MX-5 GT4
Maserati Trofeo
Cayman GT4
X-Bow
SIn GT4
McLaren 570S
AMG GT GT4

a full GT4 grid would be amazing...
But we have GTR3 too to cover this...
I still put my coins on GTR3 more than PC2
And if it will become realityon an eventual AC2...
By now i am pretty happy with AC and AMS...

Dynamic time and weather is a big selling point to me. I love how weather changes can effect a race (including qualifying) so that alone will make this an easy decision for me. If I remember correctly, Kaz mentioned they could not include these features in GTS and still hit the graphics requirements for VR support. I have no interest in VR so that was very disappointing to hear.

PCARS 2 being the only known racing game to feature dynamic time and weather is a very underrated aspect. As long as it comes out before next year's 24 Hours of Daytona, I'll be happy. :D

It looks great and I'd love to be enthusiastic, but SMS previous efforts of Shift 2 and PC1 both have such poor handling/FFB on my Driving Force GT that I certainly won't be spending money on it at release. I'm going to wait until I've read reviews saying it handles properly out of the box, or else wait until it's bargain basement. I have wasted hours trying to improve upon the mediocre handling/FFB in PC1; thankfully I bought it cheap but still kind of wish I'd never bothered.

Many of the current racing classes are very sparsely populated (i.e. just one or two cars)

Each of major SIM should have at the very least five cars per class. I understand that initial release could mean no time to get proper licensing. However, through DLC or certainly by second edition several of the classes should be fleshed out and offer more than two variants. As for GT, they need to put proper cars in each class. They do a horrible job of organizing cars that should be racing against each other. Perhaps with GTS Polyphony will do a better job if for not other reason than they will have less cars to sort.

This soon after the original article, it would be like chasing your own tail. Better to review where we stand after a good bit of time and more information comes to light. 👍

Plus, we do need to keep some content to write the news articles about! :lol:

That NAMCO hint could be large enough to merit it's own article once it's actually revealed too, remember! :lol:

ALL racing games end the same for me.. no matter what the car count is, and how physics are good.. in the end its the amount of tracks and road surfaces is what determines for how long the game will live.. this far GT4 was my ultimate favorite in track selection, still cant forget some of them and really miss them... latest GT's lacked in track department, and seems latest GTS will do the same, even more worrying is car count, no matter it will be a superior game in physics department, but wow, Project cars 2 might save the day for track selection, and snowy tracks, thats a new in a racing game, will try ALL of them instantly with FR car with lots of horse power! :D

its 2017, variation is good, and we have come up to a point where every sim racing game have pros and cons, like even Forza is now something to consider on driving.. really looking forward on playing all best racers this year!

Dirt 4 (and other rallies)
PC2
GT sport
GTR3
F1
AC and surprisingly more are coming!

Agreed.

I am a bit of a trophy collector as well, so I think I'll choose the one I enjoy most and actually try to platinum it.
I've never acquired a platinum trophy before, if I remember correctly GT was rather difficult.

Mustang GT4
Camaro(Z28) GT4
Ginetta G55 GT4
Aston Martin V8
Lotus Evora
Audi TT
M4
370Z
GT86 GT4
MX-5 GT4
Maserati Trofeo
Cayman GT4
X-Bow
SIn GT4
McLaren 570S
AMG GT GT4

Chevy is coming out with the new Camaro GT4.R,so that could replace the Z28 GT4.

It looks great and I'd love to be enthusiastic, but SMS previous efforts of Shift 2 and PC1 both have such poor handling/FFB on my Driving Force GT that I certainly won't be spending money on it at release. I'm going to wait until I've read reviews saying it handles properly out of the box, or else wait until it's bargain basement. I have wasted hours trying to improve upon the mediocre handling/FFB in PC1; thankfully I bought it cheap but still kind of wish I'd never bothered.

I don't know if you tried the game recently, but I got the GOTY edition at Christmas and I'm very impressed with the FFB - it took quite a few hours to get used to the feel of the cars, but now I'm very happy - obviously there is always the opportunity to improve, but overall I am very happy.

Each of major SIM should have at the very least five cars per class. I understand that initial release could mean no time to get proper licensing. However, through DLC or certainly by second edition several of the classes should be fleshed out and offer more than two variants. As for GT, they need to put proper cars in each class. They do a horrible job of organizing cars that should be racing against each other. Perhaps with GTS Polyphony will do a better job if for not other reason than they will have less cars to sort.

A minimum of 5 cars per class would be a very good thing to aim for. Sometimes however there are less such as Porsche 917 v Ferrari 512 or Group 2 Ford Capri v BMW Batmobile, but they can be added into an existing class or the game could give the option of 2 classes.

It seems we are getting Porsche, Ferrari and Nissan - great news! I hope we also get Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and Lola - that would enable 5 cars per class to be a realistic aim.

I don't know if you tried the game recently, but I got the GOTY edition at Christmas and I'm very impressed with the FFB - it took quite a few hours to get used to the feel of the cars, but now I'm very happy - obviously there is always the opportunity to improve, but overall I am very happy.

A minimum of 5 cars per class would be a very good thing to aim for. Sometimes however there are less such as Porsche 917 v Ferrari 512 or Group 2 Ford Capri v BMW Batmobile, but they can be added into an existing class or the game could give the option of 2 classes.

It seems we are getting Porsche, Ferrari and Nissan - great news! I hope we also get Jaguar, Alfa Romeo and Lola - that would enable 5 cars per class to be a realistic aim.

LOLA

Latest Posts

Back