Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
Yea i like it, it has different screens to use, I think it would be more useful if I used it in a tablet, dont know how other apps work but you can map different screens to buttons on your wheel, I seem to remember scaff recomending it somewhere for pcars1.View attachment 679306 View attachment 679307 View attachment 679308 View attachment 679309 View attachment 679310 View attachment 679311

Perfect! I just want one that has a modern looking screen for modern cars and a vintage looking one for vintage cars and it looks like this one does that. I'll check it out, thanks friend. 👍

Perfect! I just want one that has a modern looking screen for modern cars and a vintage looking one for vintage cars and it looks like this one does that. I'll check it out, thanks friend. 👍

You have more options to you as a PC user ;) couldn’t tell you what they are I’m on PS4.👍

You have more options to you as a PC user ;) couldn’t tell you what they are I’m on PS4.👍

It has more to do with the mobile device and as an iPhone user the options are pretty limited, just not many good sim dash apps for iOS. This RS Dash/PCars Dash looks good though so I'll give it a try, and it works for all my sims (though I have to shell out $5 for each of them).

It has more to do with the mobile device and as an iPhone user the options are pretty limited, just not many good sim dash apps for iOS. This RS Dash/PCars Dash looks good though so I'll give it a try, and it works for all my sims (though I have to shell out $5 for each of them).
Sorry meant pcars dash has more options available to pc users over ps4 users, the app is more expansive. Poor wording from me in my above post.

Sorry meant pcars dash has more options available to pc users over ps4 users, the app is more expansive. Poor wording from me in my above post.

Oh. I figured the app would be the same since it runs on an iPhone regardless of the platform you're racing on. For my other apps I just have a little plug-in that runs on the PC to send data but they don't give me any options to adjust/change things from there, everything is done on the app on the phone.

Since not many people posted what they've noticed improved, found this bit of info:

Multiplayer:

- Fixed: When pressing "Ready" before the race starts you now see the 2min countdown after you press the button, before that was just a yellow sign up top.
- When having a pitstop you now see "progress bars" for all the stuff being done, for example you refuel and it shows a progress bar of that (other bars for Repairs and Aero Repairs IIRC)
- my Race engineer reminded me of a mandatory pit stop, never had that before

Seen this on the official forum. Any idea when the patch will go live for America if this is the case?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171011-114756.png
    Screenshot_20171011-114756.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 98
Hmmm, I doubt CrewChief would work since that's a standalone app that has to run on a PC, correct? Or maybe you can run CrewChief on a laptop and have it get the info from the console? But dash apps on mobile phones/tablets should work now and if you set the Protocol to PCars1 then any old apps that worked on the first game will work on the new game (though may not have any new features added for the new game).

Crew Chief works on Android tablet and phones too.

Anyone tried to skip to end of session in qualifying since the update? If so, do the AI still set magical lap times? :)

It's fixed.

Speaking of, what apps are you guys using for PCars2? I have DashPi on an old iPhone that I use for my dashboard display, it works fine but I might like to try something different. Looking at RS Dash, looks nice but seems to be only one HUD layout and you have to pay for each game you want to use with it. I use DashMeterPro on an Android tablet for telemetry and tire info.

PCARS Dash and Crew Chief are superb and I've found the best, most supported app for pCARS 1 and 2.

Others I have (but use less)
HUD Dash
DashMeterPro for AC/PC
VDash
PCarsTT

Speaking of, what apps are you guys using for PCars2?
I have a pop-up setup with Wheelstand Pro and G27, so currently not using any. :lol:

Going in for a few laps in private testing and time trial, anything in particular people want to know that changed/was fixed? I can take a look at some of the cars that people were complaining about earlier like the Clio, Formula Rookie, GTR GT3. And some of the cars that were fairly difficult like the 720s and GT3 RS.

Hmmm, I doubt CrewChief would work since that's a standalone app that has to run on a PC, correct? Or maybe you can run CrewChief on a laptop and have it get the info from the console? But dash apps on mobile phones/tablets should work now and if you set the Protocol to PCars1 then any old apps that worked on the first game will work on the new game (though may not have any new features added for the new game).
Crew Chief worked just fine with PC1, its got a UDP mode and doesn't need a PC to run.

I have a pop-up setup with Wheelstand Pro and G27, so currently not using any. :lol:

Going in for a few laps in private testing and time trial, anything in particular people want to know that changed/was fixed? I can take a look at some of the cars that people were complaining about earlier like the Clio, Formula Rookie, GTR GT3. And some of the cars that were fairly difficult like the 720s and GT3 RS.
If possibile I would like to know if Ginetta gt5 for example or the clio now heat up they tyres properly in cold conditions like those simulated in the career mode. Or the lightweight British invitational under heavy Rain which was impossible. Off course no problem of you don't. Thanks

If possibile I would like to know if Ginetta gt5 for example or the clio now heat up they tyres properly in cold conditions like those simulated in the career mode. Or the lightweight British invitational under heavy Rain which was impossible. Off course no problem of you don't. Thanks
Still updating here (apparently it's moving the whole installation on my PC :lol:), but Clio is on my list. Will check at an appropriate date/time in winter. 👍

Check the Lotus 49, apparently it now has vintage tires as the default instead of track day tires and drives more like we'd expect a vintage F1 car to drive.

Crew Chief worked just fine with PC1, its got a UDP mode and doesn't need a PC to run.

Yes, I've been corrected multiple times now. ;) I've only ever seen it discussed with PC sims so I mistakenly presumed it wouldn't work on consoles but apparently Mr. Belowski's talents are boundless.

My impressions after a couple of hours:

- UI is much, much faster
- Opening movie/Screens take shorter time
- AI stops crashing into each other and me on many tracks, hallelujah.
- The setup screen is much quicker and saves properly
- Cars are repaired between started races (after there was an accident for example), double hallelujah.
- sound is improved. You can hear other cars from your cockpit better and the replay blare of your own car is gone. It blends more into the other engine noises.

Thats all I recognized this afternoon.

Last edited:

Here's a vid of me driving a few laps in the Clio, starting cold. Race date 1/1/2018, winter. Car feels a little bit more planted when cold now (balanced), while after warming up the tires (rears stay colder), the back likes to come out. All very controllable though. Tested Loose, OEM and 'sel' (dude at top of the leaderboard) setups.

Also took the Porsche GT3 RS (OEM) for a spin. This car is much less of a spinfest now, hardly hear the tires anymore, a lot more planted. Same for the McLaren 720s, it's a lot easier to drive now (still a 🤬 though :lol:).

Up next Lotus 49.

Trying the patch now. Career mode only. First feedbacks:
-set-up still not saving (overwrite not working)
-they modified downshifting, now impossibile to fastly downshift. You have to get used to It, really annoying as you Press but the Gear doesn't change
-ginetta junior series. 80% AI. 2 seconds faster than yesterday in Donington race, dry conditions. Hell of a fight to win from pole
-tyre heatup and stay hot for now
-you Can skip qualy

My impressions after a couple of hours:

- UI is much, much faster
- Opening movie/Screens take shorter time
- AI stops crashing into each other and me on many tracks, hallelujah.
- The setup screen is much quicker and saves properly
- Cars are repaired between started races (after there was an accident for example), double hallelujah.

Thats all I recognized this afternoon.

I'm on Xbox so it might be this time next year before I get the patch :lol: One place in particular that the AI was smashing into me was at the end of Conrod Straight at Bathurst. I anyone else has had this problem and now has the patch I would be interested to see if it has been fixed.

I'm on Xbox so it might be this time next year before I get the patch :lol: One place in particular that the AI was smashing into me was at the end of Conrod Straight at Bathurst. I anyone else has had this problem and now has the patch I would be interested to see if it has been fixed.

I am your man, bathhurst was the first circuit i tested the patch: sadly, they were still smashing one another. At my third attempt it Worked. They were following their lines despite the clear lack of space. I am on ps4.

It's fixed.
No it isn't.

Isn't the 5's+ it was before, but this was a jump of 2's or so, skipped to end of session in the last few seconds of the session. Also lul at P1's time.

DL4hOvbXcAA_CYP.jpg:large

F Rookie/C's tyre temp issues are still there too. Career is basically unplayable at the moment if you go down that route.

FFB feels stronger, immersive feels superb at Brands, there's a bump on the downhill after druids that translates perfectly, can't get it to do it with inf or raw.
Only problem is that sometimes all feedback disappears on some corners, is not clipping as I'm running 60 50 50 50. Anyone else getting this?
Ps4 pro t300.

Trying the patch now. Career mode only. First feedbacks:
-set-up still not saving (overwrite not working)
-they modified downshifting, now impossibile to fastly downshift. You have to get used to It, really annoying as you Press but the Gear doesn't change
-ginetta junior series. 80% AI. 2 seconds faster than yesterday in Donington race, dry conditions. Hell of a fight to win from pole
-tyre heatup and stay hot for now
-you Can skip qualy

Second race, snetterton
-confirm AI much faster (dry too)
- tyres in qualy heat up very well After 2 laps before the patch they didn't
- i skip qualy again and retained the pole.
-menu not slowing down
-ffb t300gte changed a lot. I am not Expert to say if better

Back