Project CARS 2 Patch and Update Discussion

• Thread starter jake2013guy
  • 1,396 comments
Are there really that many trolls on here or is it the same person with multiple accounts?

Just fired up the PS4 and no patch here.

as always the patch is throttled over various regions, so it may not be available yet in your country.

I'm no troll, here is proof
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...h-3-0-on-PS4&p=1441253&viewfull=1#post1441253

There's a third option: different regions.

I saw it was out, just switched ps4 pro on and can confirm patch 3.01 is now downloading 4.664GB

I guess I stand corrected. Guess NA has to wait a bit longer.

I can confirm the patch will ship tonight.

How do I know? Well the cooling fan in my T300 has just packed up so I won't be able to play PC2 tonight thereby guaranteeing you guys will all get the patch this evening. You're welcome.

I have ordered a replacement fan but it won't be here for a couple of days. I have ordered a 60mm and a 70mm fan so hoping I can squeeze the larger one in - I might need to take a dremel to it..... (the fan, not the T300!)
Jesus you was right lol

The Patch just landed. Its crap. It's the worst patch ever. SMS better do something or i'll delete the game.

Nah, just kidding <3.

Anybody got patch notes? :)

Well it looks like career may be fixed, I'd suspended it on the last race of the Ginetta GT5's at Brands Hatch due to not being able to complete a race due to lack of grip whatever I tried (even putting the AI down to 40% couldn't make them slow enough for me to stay on track :ouch:) .... I forgot to turn it up again and even starting from near the back of the pack I won too easily.

1h race GT3.
Better grip.
Graphics improvements are here. Not Huge but here. Pop us LOD are still here but a LESS more than 2.00.
A lot a bugs are gone indeed.
Rain effects on the track are greatly reworked (for me)
But
Still alliasing. Not huge again but sill there.
The AI are still to good for weather condotions. The AI pitting for wearing rain tyres 10 min before the rain coming.

That all for now. Seems this patch is pretty good stuff. Well done SMS.

Sorry for my bad English.

I have only done a 25' race at Circuit de la Sarthe so far but have noticed a few things. Later this evening I will test some cars which have not had the best FFB and investigate whether my biggest problem with PCars2, dreadful online disconnection issues on PS4, has been dealt with too. Fingers crossed!

+ The Replay sound mixing is much better now. Still needs tweaking but a huge improvement nonetheless.

+ In Photo Mode the Filter Intensity slider works now.

- The tyre smoking bug remains. Still.

- The new Tracking Speed option in Photo Mode is quite frustrating and doesn't seem quite right.

Opening video fixed.
Parts of it are still pretty low quality with significant artefacts detracting from it. Love the music though.

Last edited:
Engine audio of player-controlled Formula C car still way too quiet compared to the other cars. Was hoping this would be fixed. Sounds like the helmet is on.

Also not a fan of how 'Restart Session' is highlighted after practice instead of the old 'Continue' option from before, therefore requiring more UI navigation in order to actually go to the race. Did it not make sense to assume players would want to continue more often than restart?

Otherwise everything else seems to be working nicely.

Last edited:
Better sound, better grip (or is it better controls for DS4, cannot tell yet) and finally the option to choose between resolution, visuals, and framerate.
Does anyone have comparisons of the 3 modes? I have the feeling that shadows under framerate priority look much worse. They flicker and are of overall low(er) quality. Same with mirror image quality, very low resolution.

All in all good patch, definitely improvement over 2.

Back